Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Andre Tricoteux Confirmed as Colossus in "Deadpool"

Actor seen in motion capture suits on set was indeed playing the physical role of Colossus, though it's uncertain whether he'll voice the part.

Full article here.

So is this in the same universe as the xmen films or not? Or are deadpool and gambit solos gonna be part of the reboot after wolverine 3?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So is this in the same universe as the xmen films or not? Or are deadpool and gambit solos gonna be part of the reboot after wolverine 3?
    Why would there be a reboot after Wolverine 3 when they just rebooted everything with Days of Future past? They might recast the role of Logan after the next Wolverine movie, but that wouldn't automatically precipitate a reboot of the entire franchise at the story level.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I'm hoping it's the latter. The main X-Men series has a perfect chance for a much needed fresh start and it would seem to make mores sense to include the Gambit and Deadpool movies in whatever continuity comes next than to tie them to a series on its way out.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Why would there be a reboot after Wolverine 3 when they just rebooted everything with Days of Future past? They might recast the role of Logan after the next Wolverine movie, but that wouldn't automatically precipitate a reboot of the entire franchise at the story level.
    I don't know that Days of Future Past really serves as a reboot in most of the ways one would hope for a reboot to provide new options. It served as a good grace note for the original cast, and righted the wrongs of Last Stand, but remains married to the continuity of the previous films, time travel meddling and all. So we've got an ever older Marsden, Berry, Jansen, etc. on one end along with a retiring Jackman, and a series of successive period films on the other with a retiring Jennifer Lawrence.

So their options are to go back to the original cast and tell new stories in the timeline seen at the end of DOFP sans Jackman, keep making period films with the Apocalypse cast, or catch up to the present with either the Apocalypse cast (who will just look really young for their age by way of Hollywood expectations / suspension of disbelief) or catch up to the present with newer actors still, which once again overwrites the DOFP coda.

I can't imagine the original cast almost two decades later seems anywhere near as appealing next to competing franchises casting current box office draws, it's hard to imagine they'll do period films indefinitely especially after losing the biggest star of that bunch, and once you get to the last option of recasting again, what's the point of maintaining a link to two separate casts which already have a muddled relationship to each other? Singer is on his way out after Apocalypse supposedly, and what incoming producer would want to be hamstringed by decisions made 20 or even 5 years ago? Maybe Apocalypse will be such a massive hit that it seems worth milking, but I tend to think most execs will expect diminishing returns going back to the same increasingly convoluted well as the biggest stars leave.

Vancouver* not toronto

Mighty Member

Kinberg said that Deadpool is part of the continuity of DOFP

Screenwriter/producer Simon Kinberg spoke with IGN about how 20th Century Fox's upcoming comic book movies X-Men: Apocalypse, Deadpool and Gambit will be connected.

Kinberg said X-Men: Apocalypse, Deadpool and Gambit will all be "aware of each other" in their Fox-Marvel universe. "They certainly acknowledge each other," Kinberg explained. "Things that happen in one film are acknowledged by the others movies."

It sounds like much of the connection will belong with the altered history. Kinberg pointed out that in the mutants revealing themselves and dumping a football stadium on the White House lawn at the end of Days of the Future Past have an impact on the universe. Future films will acknowledge an alternate history than the one we know.

Kinberg added, "I would certainly say, the films are all going to be informed by one another."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    I don't know that Days of Future Past really serves as a reboot in most of the ways one would hope for a reboot to provide new options. It served as a good grace note for the original cast, and righted the wrongs of Last Stand, but remains married to the continuity of the previous films, time travel meddling and all. .
    Not true at all.

While the only resetting that was explicitly shown were the erasures of the deaths from Last Stand, the events of DoFP very clearly open a door to rewrite the events of everything in the X-Verse following the the films 1970s settings. Now, it remains to be seen how much advantage Fox takes of that opportunity going forward, but there's no question that the movie laid a very clear foundation for a reboot. Their "options" going forward are wide open.

Ill have to check for a link when i get off work but there was mention of apoclypse ending the first class trilogy and then after wolverine 3 doing a hard reboot of the entire series.

So peter was alive and well at the end dofp with kitty. So how is he now a much older much bigger russian guy. Funny i just described colossus but not the actor who has portrayed him in previous movies. Hes also too old i belive as cyclops is like 16 right now making colossus atleast 4yrs younger if not more. Unless the future at the end of dofp was an alternate time line and not just the altered timeline and peter is now older.

as long as Piotr's appearance is treated with respect and not comic relief at his expense, fine.

Ok was just a rumor with no real source. They were saying reboot cause most of the main characters from first class futures are up in the air. Jackman is done. Makes sense especialy since i dont see james shaving his head constantly for future films. And with the extremely young team they got coming in, a xmen without xavier wont work. Is there any word if mcavoy would be willing to keep going? I know fassbender will but he dont have to shave his head completley bald every couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    as long as Piotr's appearance is treated with respect and not comic relief at his expense, fine.
    Agree but it will probaly be a joke role. Maybe even deadpool telling a story. Explains why this colossus is bigger and if he does the voice too, more russian sounding. Deadpool telling the story about how he beat colossus from the xmen, all exaggerated of course. Would explain everything,but unlikely.

Usually when there are a lot of guest stars and secondary characters crammed into a movie, it's not a good sign. It usually means the movie is going to get bloated and incoherent. However, this is a Deadpool movie. If ever there was a character that could make incoherent work, it's Deadpool.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

That dude's physique is going to require some serious CGI touching up, lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by #1AngelFan View Post
    That dude's physique is going to require some serious CGI touching up, lol.
    That was the kind of thing that made me question if it was going to be a joke appearance. I feel bad about that but definitely not the physique I have in mind of Colossus.