Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Dixon was good, but Tomasi saw his worth as someone with the skills of Batman but the attitude of a Flash or Superman way better. If only his run coulda lasted a good 20-30 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I know that the creative team is only so powerful, but what I was trying to say is how little we have seen of one of DC's oldest characters in this new universe, and that really hurts Dick's importance and character in the New 52. DC should have started by building up Dick's character from the beginning of reboot but there has barely been anything or the things there aren't really that good or memorable. I have no idea why he is being so mistreated and mishandled, though I do feel Grayson's current team does want to honor and try to treat the character right, but then again so did Higgins . Also I'm not asking for his old history back (though I would love for everything Pre-52 back) but I feel just the way the reboot happened/started DC should have brought the concept of sidekicks back so we have a DCU that actual feels new again instead of this weird hybrid mess that we currently have. If they would've started off at the actual beginning of most heroes careers or even had a series that was all about telling stories about their adventures when they were younger so we could have a solid backstory to build upon, but that is a whole other discussion for another time.

I do feel Nightwing can come back in a few years, though I have no idea how they could.
    Saw a interview with Tom and Tim stating that they have a 50-issue run with a plan to introduce a Arch-Nemesis for Dick and a Shadow Justice league, so with those plans in mind I think that if they stay true and fresh to the character then he will gain a great new footing in DC Comics that would be hard to take away from him. This will also be helped by the fact that DC is going to be light on continuity in a Morrison kind of way and crossovers seem like they will be handled in a more efficient way like what was done with Batman Endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Saw a interview with Tom and Tim stating that they have a 50-issue run with a plan to introduce a Arch-Nemesis for Dick and a Shadow Justice league, so with those plans in mind I think that if they stay true and fresh to the character then he will gain a great new footing in DC Comics that would be hard to take away from him. This will also be helped by the fact that DC is going to be light on continuity in a Morrison kind of way and crossovers seem like they will be handled in a more efficient way like what was done with Batman Endgame.
    Which one is that one? There were like 8 different interviews posted the other day.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Can we get a link to that please, would love to read it

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderWing20 View Post
    Can we get a link to that please, would love to read it
    Looks like it's probably this one:

http://www.mstarz.com/articles/70179...tman-robin.htm

(Tom King): what I very much want to do, what we're building towards and is a 50-issue plan is to build up to create Dick's arch-nemesis. And that's still on the table and still going! I still want to do that, to create someone that will be around for the next 50 years that will stand against Dick Grayson. I want that to be one of the legacies of this series to have Dick Grayson's Joker, Lex Luthor, or Cheetah.
    with a bit of this one:

http://geekdad.com/2015/06/tim-seeley-tom-king/

GD: Spyral seems awfully interested in the Justice League. Can we expect a confrontation?

TK: Can we tease a shadow? Issue nine has a shadow Justice League.
    Last edited by jules; 06-05-2015 at 09:19 AM.

I wonder if that refers to the returning six characters that King mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    I wonder if that refers to the returning six characters that King mentioned.
    Sounds like it. As I recall, King said we would see them initially in shadows. He may be using the word "shadow" to mean something different in each case, but even so, it seems very likely that the "six" are the "Shadow Justice League." He also talked about "the spies in the shadows." That doesn't necessarily mean the characters are literally spies as such. Still, here is a page talking about DC spies:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Spies

So let the speculation commence!
    Last edited by Dzetoun; 06-05-2015 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jules View Post
    Thanks for sharing these articles.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

That's the article, I am really excited to see these 6 spies in the shadows and hope they really hit big so we can get Grayson in his solo along with a team up book featuring those 6 characters.

Worst part about Grayson getting pushed to the end of the month is the endless speculation.

Worst part about Grayson getting pushed to the end of the month is the endless speculation.
    No, no, the absolute worst thing about Grayson getting pushed to the end of the month is that we'll have had to wait almost Three. Whole. Months. between issues.

(The 8 pages of freebie help a bit, but not nearly enough.)

Only for the first cycle. Then it will settle down to a normal roar of argument and contention.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Only for the first cycle. Then it will settle down to a normal roar of argument and contention.
    Followed by complaints about Forever Evil, complaints about Dick not being Nightwing, complains about Dick not being the center of the universe, complaints about reviewers, complaints about Tom King being too subtle for reviewers, etc.

To be fair, I'll probably be responsible for half of it.

Followed by complaints about Forever Evil, complaints about Dick not being Nightwing, complains about Dick not being the center of the universe, complaints about reviewers, complaints about Tom King being too subtle for reviewers, etc.

To be fair, I'll probably be responsible for half of it.
    I think you forgot to drink.

(There's going to be an entire Grayson Drinking Game before this run ends, I'm sure of it.)

Who says the drinking game has to be limited to just Grayson?