Page 1 of 77 123451151 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Default Elemental Inhuman: Crystal Appreciation

CRYSTAL!!
    Crystalia Amaquelin

Crystal is an Inhuman Princess of the Royal Family of Attilan. Her sister is Medusa, Queen of the Inhumans, and she frequently appears with her canine companion, Lockjaw. Crystal has long been second-in-line for the throne, after Black Bolt and Medusa, and is now first-in-line, since Medusa's accession. First appearing in Fantastic Four #45 (1965), she was the very first character to be identified as an Inhuman!

Powers and Abilities: Like other full-blooded Inhumans, Crystal has enhanced physical strength, endurance, durability, and speed beyond that of a human in peak physical condition. She is also a competent fighter, having been trained from childhood by her cousin, Karnak, as well as training with both the Fantastic Four and the Avengers. In addition, Crystal possesses the ability to psionically control the classical elements: earth, fire, air, and water. Not only can she manipulate these elements, she can cause a flame to ignite spontaneously, join hydrogen and oxygen atoms together to create water, and much more! By extension, Crystal can also use her elemental powers to manipulate metals, ice, temperature, electricity, magnetic fields, and weather.

In Crystal's first appearance, she and Johnny Storm aka Human Torch fall in love-at-first-sight. From that point, she would become a fixture of Fantastic Four for years to come, becoming a close friend and ally of the team, up to the present; She has a particularly close friendship with Ben Grimm aka Thing. Crystal was the first-ever replacement member of the Fantastic Four, taking over for Sue Storm aka Invisible Woman during and after her pregnancy with Franklin Richards and was essentially a fifth member for several years! Crystal has appeared as a member of the team more than any other character outside of the original four! Later, Crystal would marry Pietro Maximoff aka Quicksilver, with whom she had their daughter, Luna. Although her marriage to Pietro eventually ended, it spawned close ties to many of the X-Men characters as an extended member of Magneto's family, especially Polaris and Scarlet Witch.

Crystal is also a long-time member of the Avengers, joining in Avengers #336 (1991) and continuing as a reserve member to the present. She has accompanied the Avengers through many adventures and trials, during which time she has proven herself to be a great asset to the team. Her kind nature and formidable power make her, not only well-loved, but also respected by her Avengers teammates. Since taking leave from the Avengers, Crystal has returned to her home in Attilan. As a result of the events of Secret Invasion, Crystal entered into an arranged marriage with Ronan the Accuser. Although originally a political marriage, designed to secure Black Bolt's position on the Kree throne, Crystal would grow to love Ronan and was deeply troubled when the return of the Supreme Intelligence led to their marriage being dissolved. During her time with the Kree, she was known as the "People's Princess" and adored by the Kree people due to the great leadership skill and kindness she demonstrated. After the Shi'ar, led by Vulcan, attempted to annex the Inhuman-ruled Kree Empire, which resulted in the Kree instead conquering the Shi'ar, Crystal was to be installed as Majestrix of the Shi'ar Imperium, but she eventually convinced Gladiator to take the throne in her place, because she believed it would be best for the Shi'ar people.

Now, Crystal is making a comeback in a big way! She has been confirmed to appear in All-New Inhumans as the leader of a team of Inhumans including Gorgon, Naja, Iso, Flint, Grid, and potentially others! I look forward to seeing what the future holds for Crystal, hopefully for a long time to come!!

All Hail the Queen: Medusa Appreciation
    The King's Speech: Black Bolt Appreciation
    The Flaw in Everything: Karnak Appreciation
    The Terrigen Mists: Incomparable Inhumans Appreciation

Welcome to the Crystal Appreciation thread!!!!!
    Last edited by idisestablish; 11-13-2015 at 07:30 AM.

I love Crystal and I'm DYING to find out where she is!

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I love Crystal and I'm DYING to find out where she is!
    You and me both! I keep buying the new issues expecting to see her... this has been going on for well over a year now. At first I was thinking each time, "Surely this is it..." But each time, no Crystal! And it's about gotten to the point to drive me crazy!!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking Great Thread Idisestablish!!!

Without a Doubt You are NOT ALONE ins both Missing & Appreciating Crystal Idisestablish, Great Job on the Creation & Intro the this New Grand Thread!!!

The 1st time I Got Introduced to the Lovely Crystal of the Inhumans was from the 2nd Season of the 1990's Fantastic Four Animated Series. She was Grand in the show and both her personality and character came across as sweet and very likable!

She was in many episodes and played a major part in effecting the FF on the show, especially Johnny Storm. My Favorite Episode that she was in was Episode #25: "The Sentry Sinister"!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Astonishing Member

Crystal has long been a favourite of mine. I actually first started reading FF back in the Englehart era, when she and Shary Ventura replaced Reed and Sue so they could raise Franklin as civilians. I've been surprised at how quiet she's been lately with all the Inhuman stuff that has been going on, and I look forward to her finally stepping back into the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Without a Doubt You are NOT ALONE ins both Missing & Appreciating Crystal Idisestablish, Great Job on the Creation & Intro the this New Grand Thread!!!

The 1st time I Got Introduced to the Lovely Crystal of the Inhumans was from the 2nd Season of the 1990's Fantastic Four Animated Series. She was Grand in the show and both her personality and character came across as sweet and very likable!

She was in many episodes and played a major part in effecting the FF on the show, especially Johnny Storm. My Favorite Episode that she was in was Episode #25: "The Sentry Sinister"!
    Glad to hear I'm not alone! And wow, thanks for the compliment and for sharing that awesome episode, CJStriker! I've never seen it before, and it was really great to watch. I'll take all the Crystal I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Crystal has long been a favourite of mine. I actually first started reading FF back in the Englehart era, when she and Shary Ventura replaced Reed and Sue so they could raise Franklin as civilians. I've been surprised at how quiet she's been lately with all the Inhuman stuff that has been going on, and I look forward to her finally stepping back into the spotlight.
    Right-o! You would think if they wanted to expand the Inhumans franchise, they'd want to bring out the big guns to get it going. What they're doing is like having your team finally make it to the Superbowl, and benching your star player!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    Glad to hear I'm not alone! And wow, thanks for the compliment and for sharing that awesome episode, CJStriker! I've never seen it before, and it was really great to watch. I'll take all the Crystal I can get.
    Trust Me Idisestablish, the FF show had a Good amount of Crystal in it and she was IMO an important character to the FF!

Glad to hear you don't feel alone, no one in their fandom should feel that way, so indeed thanks allot for starting this thread to Crystal, indeed it going to be Great and Glad you liked the episode and complements!

Some More Crystal with her Sister Medusa!!!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Trust Me Idisestablish, the FF show had a Good amount of Crystal in it and she was IMO an important character to the FF!

Glad to hear you don't feel alone, no one in their fandom should feel that way, so indeed thanks allot for starting this thread to Crystal, indeed it going to be Great and Glad you liked the episode and complements!

Some More Crystal with her Sister Medusa!!!
    [IMG]
    I love Crystal in that issue! Secret Invasion: Inhumans #2. The 2009-2013 cosmic events were awesome for her. This is from the same issue, one of my favorite Crystal scenes. The way she uses her geokinesis to animate the stone statue is so freaking awesome!

BANNED

So, anyone else disappointed that were not going to see the Quicksilver/Crystal relationship in the MCU.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Crystal is such a goddess. She's easily the best Inhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    So, anyone else disappointed that were not going to see the Quicksilver/Crystal relationship in the MCU.
    I'm very upset. Quicksilver provided the MCU the easiest link to the Inhumans and they killed him off... Like WTF Feige??

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    maybe we can get Crystal/Quicksilver in the Foxverse

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    Crystal is such a goddess. She's easily the best Inhuman.

I'm very upset. Quicksilver provided the MCU the easiest link to the Inhumans and they killed him off... Like WTF Feige??
    And since obviously Johnny Storm is not a possibility, and Ronan is also dead, it looks like she's going to be single. Not that she needs a man to make her relevant! Lol.

edit: Somehow I missed the first part of your comment, heck yes she is!!

Last edited by idisestablish; 06-01-2015 at 06:59 AM.

Astonishing Member

And since obviously Johnny Storm is not a possibility, and Ronan is also dead, it looks like she's going to be single. Not that she needs a man to make her relevant! Lol.
    I agree that she doesn't need to be paired with a man (or woman? This isn't the 616 version after all, so anything is possible), but just because her comic book lovers aren't available doesn't mean she HAS to be single. The movies have introduced new romances that didn't exist in the comics before (Hulk/Widow being the most recent example).

[/IMG]
    Who knows, they might introduce the Black Knight?

I like Crystal. She gets a lot of hate for some reason. I get really sick of the "Crystal is the bicycle of the Marvel Universe" stuff.

I really like Crystal, since the 90s FF cartoon. Too bad they are barely using her. At least the whole poster thing confirms that she is owned by Marvel, so it's just them not caring about her. I guess the Queen Medusa angle made more sense to them. Or maybe the movie people decided not to use her, so Marvel is preemptively removing her from the Inhuman narrative.