Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hero Worship View Post
    TRUE THAT!! She's like Marvel's very own version of Avatar: The Last Airbender, lol, with ALL those combined abilities at her disposal.[/B]
    Too bad she gets no respect and is often only known for her romantic interests.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

She's also a single mother. That type of power and her unique personal life really makes for an interesting character.
    Hopefully she is finally gonna get the attention she deserves!

BANNED

How many Inhuman titles are there going to be total and which ones will Crystal appear in?

Niffleheim

rutog98 you're every where today If it's Crystal you were interested in then i think she will be in All New Inhumans. It has yet to be officially announced but there has been talk on the Marvel podcast about the book. So it's probably where you will get you elemental fix lol!
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    rutog98 you're every where today If it's Crystal you were interested in then i think she will be in All New Inhumans. It has yet to be officially announced but there has been talk on the Marvel podcast about the book. So it's probably where you will get you elemental fix lol!
    Thanks! Not sure I'll buy it, but will definitely be scanning through it...

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Nice . I haven't seen too many impressive demonstrations of air/wind manipulation (at least in terms of raw power), but I think this is a powerful one:

Air

[IMG]
    Yeah, that is definitely an impressive feat! Here are some other examples of Crystal's prowess in aerokinesis:

Fantastic Four #118
    Tearing a plane to shreds.

Incredible Hulk #404
    Holding back the Incredible Hulk, "the strongest one there is" and the Unstoppable Juggernaut!

Uncanny X-Men: First Class #2
    Crystal overpowers Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    She's also a single mother. That type of power and her unique personal life really makes for an interesting character.
    Hopefully she is finally gonna get the attention she deserves!
    Definitely! I look forward to seeing what they have in store for Crystal! I hope Luna is a little more grown up, and she can interact with the other NuHumans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    Yeah, that is definitely an impressive feat! Here are some other examples of Crystal's prowess in aerokinesis:

Fantastic Four #118
    Tearing a plane to shreds.

Incredible Hulk #404
    Holding back the Incredible Hulk, "the strongest one there is" and the Unstoppable Juggernaut!

Uncanny X-Men: First Class #2

Definitely! I look forward to seeing what they have in store for Crystal! I hope Luna is a little more grown up, and she can interact with the other NuHumans.
    She didn't overpower Storm, actually. Storm had just been decked in the head by Quicksilver right before Crystal took her on. That's why she started weakening. Does anyone have the scans of Crystal and Black Widow vs. Adaptoid?

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    She didn't overpower Storm, actually. Storm had just been decked in the head by Quicksilver right before Crystal took her on. That's why she started weakening. Does anyone have the scans of Crystal and Black Widow vs. Adaptoid?
    She did overpower Storm, actually. I can read the dialogue as well as you, but my caption doesn't read, "Crystal and Storm face off, both 100% fresh and Crystal wins!" If Storm had lost her arms and legs, it wouldn't have changed the fact that Crystal did overpower her. You are falsely inferring something that is not there. This was not presented as evidence that Crystal is stronger than Storm, but Storm acknowledges that Crystal's aerokinesis is, in her assessment, at least as strong as her own. That was the point, and headache or not, Crystal does overpower her.

BANNED

She did overpower Storm, actually. I can read the dialogue as well as you, but my caption doesn't read, "Crystal and Storm face off, both 100% fresh and Crystal wins!" If Storm had lost her arms and legs, it wouldn't have changed the fact that Crystal did overpower her. You are falsely inferring something that is not there. This was not presented as evidence that Crystal is stronger than Storm, but Storm acknowledges that Crystal's aerokinesis is, in her assessment, at least as strong as her own. That was the point, and headache or not, Crystal does overpower her.
    Point to you on the merits that whatever the circumstances, in this instance, Crystal was starting to overpower Storm before the fight stopped. Not trying to turn this into a Storm vs. Crystal thing (though this scan riles up the Storm fan in me to debunk it, LOL). I just want to enjoy Crystal.

Crystal always seems to get more attention when she is away from the Inhuman royal family. I think its good she's in a book away from the rest of the family here.

By the way, again, anyone have Crystal/Black Widow vs. Adaptoid scans? I haven't gone through this whole thread yet. There was another story where Crystal used her earth powers to split a mountain in half. Any scans of that?

I'm gonna go through the thread now and see if these scans have already been posted.
    Last edited by rutog98; 07-27-2015 at 06:41 PM.

By the way, again, anyone have Crystal/Black Widow vs. Adaptoid scans? I haven't gone through this whole thread yet. There was another story where Crystal used her earth powers to split a mountain in half. Any scans of that?

I'm gonna go through the thread now and see if these scans have already been posted.
    Here is what I have from Avengers Unplugged #3, the battle with the Adaptoid.

Not sure what you're referring to about the mountain.. Maybe something I'm not familiar with. Do you know what issue it is?

BANNED

Here is what I have from Avengers Unplugged #3, the battle with the Adaptoid.

Not sure what you're referring to about the mountain.. Maybe something I'm not familiar with. Do you know what issue it is?
    That's the scan I was referring to. This is a fun issue.

I believe it was an issue of "Avengers". It has been a long time since I've read it, but I remember it being a mostly Crystal issue or maybe even a solo Crystal issue without any other member of the team. I even forgot who she fought in the story.

Is this ringing any bells for you (or anyone else)? I know I read this...
    Last edited by rutog98; 07-27-2015 at 07:02 PM.

Nice . I found the classic FF one impressive. I hated the instance with Hulk and Juggernaut (though her opening up the ground under Cain was cool). I would rather Crystal have generated a cyclone or lift them off the ground since that wind blast wasn't really doing much. It did look visually intense though.

Ummmm not trying to take away credible feats for Crystal but....she never overpowered Storm though. To make that claim is a clear stretch based on what actually transpired in the story. It would be unchallengeable claim if Crystal managed to actually overpower Storm without any outside influence effecting the outcome, but that wasn't the case. For Crystal, at best, it was a stalemate for her, which for me was not impressive since she only achieved that thanks to the initial help of her husband.

If not for Pietro hitting Storm at the start and Storm not having any recovery time I doubt Crystal could contend with Storm in a power struggle over their mutual elements. Happy to discuss further in a PM so as to not take away from appreciating Crystal.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 07-27-2015 at 08:35 PM.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Point to you on the merits that whatever the circumstances, in this instance, Crystal was starting to overpower Storm before the fight stopped. Not trying to turn this into a Storm vs. Crystal thing (though this scan riles up the Storm fan in me to debunk it, LOL). I just want to enjoy Crystal.

Crystal always seems to get more attention when she is away from the Inhuman royal family. I think its good she's in a book away from the rest of the family here.

Is this the story you are referring to? It was an issue of Avengers (can't quite recall the issue but can research it and let you know). If it is she didn't split open a whole mountain. Just moved part of the side to gain access to the hidden facility inside.

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Great point! Yes, Crystal's refined control of her powers allows her to electrically charge the elements. In the air, this allows her to direct that flow and summon lightning bolts. Unfortunately, she's rarely seen using her powers these days! But she has demonstrated this ability a few times in more recent years.

Avengers #349
    I actually still have this comic stored somewhere in my room. I've been looking for this scan...

My girlfriend borrowed some of my comics in the past 3 years and she is now a proud fan of Crystal and Black Bolt!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Is this the story you are referring to? It was an issue of Avengers (can't quite recall the issue but can research it and let you know). If it is she didn't split open a whole mountain. Just moved part of the side to gain access to the hidden facility inside.

That's the scan! During one of my research expeditions at the comic shop (years ago), I was just reading through various back issues and happened across this story. I don't recall the issue number at all, but I remember this feat.