Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    BANNED

deleted post

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    Great point! Yes, Crystal's refined control of her powers allows her to electrically charge the elements. In the air, this allows her to direct that flow and summon lightning bolts. Unfortunately, she's rarely seen using her powers these days! But she has demonstrated this ability a few times in more recent years.

Avengers #349

[/IMG]
    Side note: This is further proof that Thor is indeed NOT immune to lightning. I have never seen it stated in canon that he is immune to the elements and this is now twice that I have seen him taken down by lightning. Now, back to Crystal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Nice . I found the classic FF one impressive. I hated the instance with Hulk and Juggernaut (though her opening up the ground under Cain was cool). I would rather Crystal have generated a cyclone or lift them off the ground since that wind blast wasn't really doing much. It did look visually intense though.

Ummmm not trying to take away credible feats for Crystal but....she never overpowered Storm though. To make that claim is a clear stretch based on what actually transpired in the story. It would be unchallengeable claim if Crystal managed to actually overpower Storm without any outside influence effecting the outcome, but that wasn't the case. For Crystal, at best, it was a stalemate for her, which for me was not impressive since she only achieved that thanks to the initial help of her husband.

If not for Pietro hitting Storm at the start and Storm not having any recovery time I doubt Crystal could contend with Storm in a power struggle over their mutual elements. Happy to discuss further in a PM so as to not take away from appreciating Crystal.
    Nice post! I agree with everything.

" TRUE THAT!! She's like Marvel's very own version of Avatar: The Last Airbender "

Speaking of Avatar: TLA/LOK, a friend of mine did a Versus thread on FB (Korra from LOK at the end of the series vs Crystal from Earth-616), one thing they were all insisting is that Crystal had NO COMPETENCY in hand-to-hand combat.

While I felt that competency as hand-to-hand Martial Artists has little-to-no impact on the outcome of their fight;I had to show them THIS:

rokin_03_013.jpg

Are there any other showings for her in terms of hand-to-hand combat...?
    Last edited by Angelo Argento; 07-27-2015 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    That's the scan! During one of my research expeditions at the comic shop (years ago), I was just reading through various back issues and happened across this story. I don't recall the issue number at all, but I remember this feat.
    Yeah this was a cool Crystal one-shot story. She kicked a couple of butts in this one. Though I absolutely abhorred the art.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo Argento View Post
    " TRUE THAT!! She's like Marvel's very own version of Avatar: The Last Airbender "

Speaking of Avatar: TLA/LOK, a friend of mine did a Versus thread on FB (Korra from LOK at the end of the series vs Crystal from Earth-616), one thing they were all insisting is that Crystal had NO COMPETENCY in hand-to-hand combat.

While I felt that competency as hand-to-hand Martial Artists has little-to-no impact on the outcome of their fight;I had to show them THIS:

Are there any other showings for her in terms of hand-to-hand combat...?
    I don't recall too many H2H showings for her but I do recall the fight you have part of. There is another page where she shows that she is no pushover in the H2H dept. She also fought this this guy (please forgive the scan quality - its a two-page spread scanned separately):

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Is this the story you are referring to? It was an issue of Avengers (can't quite recall the issue but can research it and let you know). If it is she didn't split open a whole mountain. Just moved part of the side to gain access to the hidden facility inside.

I'd really like to know which story this is from... It looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by I don't recall too many H2H showings for her but I do recall the fight you have part of. There is another page where she shows that she is no pushover in the H2H dept. She also fought this this guy (please forgive the scan quality - its a two-page spread scanned separately):

[IMG
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/4/40042/4713134-trained+by+karnak++in+h2h+1.jpg[/IMG]

Very nice!!! Coupled with training from Karnak, I think her time as an Avenger got her training with the likes of Cap in Martial Arts (in the same way that the rest of the Avengers do...)
    Last edited by Angelo Argento; 07-27-2015 at 10:37 PM.

Very nice!!! Coupled with training from Karnak, I think her time as an Avenger got her training with the likes of Cap in Martial Arts (in the same way that the rest of the Avengers do...)
    Right. I believe, at least it was mentioned in the classic OHOTMU, that she also received some H2H training from Thing while she was a member of the FF. I have the issue somewhere. I'll post the number and link to it once I find it.

Thank you in advance!!

I would really appreciate it if you could provide official sources as reference...
    It's quite often that I find people downplaying Crystal's ability in combat when it comes to most of the discussions i am involved in. Which, quite sadly, is because no one outside of hardcore fans of the FF/Inhumans/Avengers know her.

I really hope her appearance in All-New Inhumans, the MCU, and in other Marvel-related media still to come do her justice and make the world at large know just how awesome she is.
    Last edited by Angelo Argento; 07-28-2015 at 01:39 AM.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Wow! I had no idea that Crystal has such an accomplished resume, as all I have seen her in was in Fantastic Four. It is too bad that Marvel apparently killed off Susan Storm from the Marvel Universe, as I was hoping that Crystal and Sue could have a rematch of their previous "dream catfight" and that Crystal could prove her superiority in a real life catfight!

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

I'd really like to know which story this is from... It looks interesting.
    It's from Avengers #376.

Thanks. Now I can clean up my scan collection. I that my scanner is useless when it comes to two page spreads.

Ladies and Gents, I'm trying to find that scan of Crystal being able to swim through lava.
    Sadly, I'm not sure what issue it's from... Would any of you happen to have the scan itself...?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

It's in a Fantastic Four issue where she went after the Mole Man, I have the issue but no scans, yet.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Ladies and Gents, I'm trying to find that scan of Crystal being able to swim through lava.
    Sadly, I'm not sure what issue it's from... Would any of you happen to have the scan itself...? :)
    Here you are! :)

Fantastic Four #313