Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I agree that she doesn't need to be paired with a man (or woman? This isn't the 616 version after all, so anything is possible), but just because her comic book lovers aren't available doesn't mean she HAS to be single. The movies have introduced new romances that didn't exist in the comics before (Hulk/Widow being the most recent example).
    You know If we are going with non canon romances, lets think outside the box. I would LOVE a T'challa/Crystal romance. That would be the bees knees. Yes, I'm a black man saying this. I find that the two characters can play off each other well. We need more interracial romance in movies especially CBM's.

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wandacrystal22 View Post
    You know If we are going with non canon romances, lets think outside the box. I would LOVE a T'challa/Crystal romance. That would be the bees knees. Yes, I'm a black man saying this. I find that the two characters can play off each other well. We need more interracial romance in movies especially CBM's.
    He had crossed my mind, but in my mind, he is too old for her. Of course, I don't know who they've cast (if anyone) or what age they're going to portray him as. The other guy I thought of besides Star-Lord was Falcon. He is the next most youthful after Peter Quill IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
    Who knows, they might introduce the Black Knight?

I like Crystal. She gets a lot of hate for some reason. I get really sick of the "Crystal is the bicycle of the Marvel Universe" stuff.
    That would be amazing! I'd love to see Dane introduced. And you know, they hate us 'cause they ain't us.

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    He had crossed my mind, but in my mind, he is too old for her. Of course, I don't know who they've cast (if anyone) or what age they're going to portray him as. The other guy I thought of besides Star-Lord was Falcon. He is the next most youthful after Peter Quill IMO.
    Anthony Mackie "mackin" Crystal. HAH. genius. But, T'challa isn't THAT old. He's like in his late 20's to me. Also he's going to be portrayed on the big screen by Chadwick Boseman (42, Get On Up). Still, I totally see great dialogue from them:

Crystal: So, you are the king of your own nation, T'challa?
    Panther: Of course. It was passed down to me.
    Crystal: It must be stressful to run a nation.
    Panther: Not really….I sense doubt in you, Crystal.
    Crystal: Well, I know a little about royalty.
    Panther: You mean this Royal Family of "Inhumans"?
    Crystalnods) All my life, my family in Attilan has been isolated from the world because they don't trust humans.
    I'm different, I want to see the outside world. It's so unique.
    Panther: It's okay to be curious about what you are interested in. My nation is also isolated off from the world. I want to improve ties with Wakanda and the world.
    Crystal: Wow. I kind of admire you for that. I hope I can do that with Attilan.
    Panther: I believe you can do it. Nothing is impossible when you set your mind to something.
    Crystal: (smiles at T'challa) Absolutely!
    Panther: (smiles back at her)
    Crystal: You make a great king….the woman who might be with you now is really lucky.
    Panther: Actually, I'm single.
    Crystal: Really? That's a shocker! You should have women flocking to you.
    Panther: It's hard to find suitors.
    Crystal: How about one from another kingdom like me?
    Panther: I would not mind someone… (kisses her hand) as strong willed and beautiful as you.
    Crystal: (blushes)

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

That's a ship I hadn't thought of before. She does have a thing for apparent royalty, so maybe there's a chance it could work. Plus, an alliance between Wakanda and the Inhumans would be interesting to see.

I like Crystal. She gets a lot of hate for some reason. I get really sick of the "Crystal is the bicycle of the Marvel Universe" stuff.
    That really bugs me, too. Honestly, if Crystal was a male character, she would be celebrated for how much ass she gets.

What do you guys think of the dialogue I made between T'challa and Crystal? I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post

That really bugs me, too. Honestly, if Crystal was a male character, she would be celebrated for how much ass she gets.
    Exactly. And compared to, say, Tony Stark, she's a virgin. Jeez, she cheated on Quicksilver with one guy, and almost had an affair with Dane (Sersi got in the way), but that's really it. I don't think she and Ronan ever consummated their marriage, and who knows what she and Johnny Storm did? That's about all the guys I can think about for her.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

What are everyone's favorite time periods for Crystal? I really enjoyed her during the Inhumans time in space via War of Kings and her tenure as an Avenger during the bomber jacket era.
    Her interactions with Polaris and the Kree were something that I thought contributed an new aspect to Crystal by showing her to be politically capable. The Harras Avengers were a nice bunch of characters and one of the more underrated team. They had some really big guns on that team between Vision, Crystal, and Sersi.

What do you guys think of the dialogue I made between T'challa and Crystal? I'm curious.
    I thought it was good.

I mean, I was skeptical when you first mentioned T'Challa, but now you've got me thinking... lol

Exactly. And compared to, say, Tony Stark, she's a virgin. Jeez, she cheated on Quicksilver with one guy, and almost had an affair with Dane (Sersi got in the way), but that's really it. I don't think she and Ronan ever consummated their marriage, and who knows what she and Johnny Storm did? That's about all the guys I can think about for her.
    Yeah, I was told that when they retconned Sentry into existence that supposedly his retcon included a relationship with Crystal, but as far as I know, they've never been seen together?? But that's pretty much it. And also, weren't Crystal and Quicksilver split up when she and Dane had their flirtation-thing going? Either way, you're right -- she's one step up from a nun in my book.
    Last edited by idisestablish; 06-01-2015 at 06:14 PM.

Yeah, I was told that when they retconned Sentry into existence that supposedly his retcon included a relationship with Crystal, but as far as I know, they've never been seen together?? But that's pretty much it. And also, weren't Crystal and Quicksilver split up when she and Dane had their flirtation-thing going? Either way, you're right -- she's one step up from a nun in my book.
    Her relationships never even make it far enough to get physical before she's running back to Attilan.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

They were still married, and Pietro really wanted to work things out. Crystal was torn. Didn't matter in the end, because Dane left our universe with Sersi. And when he came back, he thought she was dead.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Crystal is also a long-time member of the Avengers, joining in Avengers #336 (1991) and continuing as a reserve member to the present.
    Thanks for Mentioning this & the Issue Idisestablish! =)

So I Went back into My Archives to Retrieve this Historic Moment from My Files and Post the Pages of th Progression of Crystalia Amaquelin into Becoming An Avenger, Enjoy!

Where it Started was in Avengers Volume 1, Issue #334:

Last edited by CJStriker; 06-01-2015 at 06:51 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    What are everyone's favorite time periods for Crystal? I really enjoyed her during the Inhumans time in space via War of Kings and her tenure as an Avenger during the bomber jacket era.
    Her interactions with Polaris and the Kree were something that I thought contributed an new aspect to Crystal by showing her to be politically capable. The Harras Avengers were a nice bunch of characters and one of the more underrated team. They had some really big guns on that team between Vision, Crystal, and Sersi.
    Yeah, War of Kings-Realm of Kings was probably my favorite Crystal period. She really had a chance to shine, even had a solo book, and she was so well written. It really showed the quality of her character IMO, top-notch. Harras' Avengers run was great also. Black Knight and Vision are two of my favorite characters, and it was great to see them together. Sersi is a great character too.

Astonishing Member

I'm pretty sure Crys and Ronan did eventually consummate their marriage--it was implied at one point, although never explicitly stated. But that shouldn't get counted against her anyway, since she WAS married to the man at the time! lol

I don't agree with all the hate Crys gets over her sex life either, and a lot of it is exaggerated. But I have to admit the reason she gets so much flak isn't because she is a woman (or at least, that's not the MAIN reason) but rather because she was married and cheated. That's the part that seems to get people judging her--she cheated on her own husband with Norm, she almost cheated again with Dane (although she and Pietro WERE separated at the time, they were still technically married), and she also nearly had an affair with Johnny Storm when HE was married. So, I have to admit, when you look at all of that together...it does sound kinda bad.

However, just putting it out there like that leaves out all of the context involved in the situations. Its not like Crys was just sex crazed and going after every man who crossed her path. But too often people ignore the context involved, and just label Crys as a homewrecking "town bicycle".

Sersi and Crystal had an EXCELLENT friendship. They both had sexy 90's bomber jackets and BOTH were created by JACK KING KIRBY. What more could you ask for. And I say good riddance to Pietro. Crystal deserves better than her. Like I said Black Panther is the better choice or Dane.