Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I hate that we'll never get to see Crystal and Luna involved with the House of M anytime soon. I really loved Crystal's interactions with Lorna in space and it was really neat for Crystal to be sort of connected to nearly all the "big" families in the MU (Inhumans, HoM, F4).
    On a side note, Crystal, Scarlet Witch, and Polaris would make quite a powerful trio.

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    You aren't the only one! I think they have an interesting dynamic. In one of her only appearances in the past year (All-New X-Factor #13), she had what I thought was a very sweet exchange with Quicksilver.

PAD did such nice things towards the end of that title. *sniffle*

Seriously though, as a fan of that ship, I still don't see them getting back together anytime soon. What I would like to see Marvel do more of is portraying the two of them as a functioning family with shared custody of their daughter. Like I said earlier, part of what makes me like them together is their real world relation and I think showing them separated (but both as care-givers) would be something different and interesting in superhero comics.

Technically Crystal's Avengers debut:

Coupled with Black Widow's analysis of Crystal's combat skills:

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Just wanted to show some appreciation for Crystal as a Fantastic Four member! Not only was she the first-ever replacement member (Fantastic Four #81), she has served on the team longer than any character other than the original members! Even when she's not serving on the team, Crystal is a frequent ally and trusted friend to the Fantastic Four!

AdamHughes DeviantArt

Hey, this is a great thread. I've really enjoyed reading through it and I'm glad Crystal is finally getting some appreciation. She's always been a character who I've really liked, but I've never read too much of her in the comic book world. What would you guy's recommended reading list for her be like? Thanks!

Guys check out my Silverhawk pitch thread. I want you guys to tell me what you think, please?

http://community.comicbookresources....Wandacrystal22)

Quote Originally Posted by WonderBoy View Post
    Hey, this is a great thread. I've really enjoyed reading through it and I'm glad Crystal is finally getting some appreciation. She's always been a character who I've really liked, but I've never read too much of her in the comic book world. What would you guy's recommended reading list for her be like? Thanks!
    Welcome! So glad you're enjoying the thread! IMO, possibly the best reading for Crystal is War of Kings / Realm of Kings. The whole series is great! But these are the issues you will need to follow Crystal and the Inhumans' story.

Secret Invasion: Inhumans Vol 1 #1-4
    Secret Invasion: War of Kings Vol 1 #1
    War of Kings: Warriors Vol 1 #2 (Crystal Solo)
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 #14-15
    War of Kings Vol 1 #1-6
    War of Kings: Who Will Rule? Vol 1 #1
    Realm of Kings: Inhumans Vol 1 #1-5
    Last edited by idisestablish; 06-03-2015 at 07:13 AM.

Crystal run in space was good to show her as a major player with the Inhumans. If you want to read some stories about her with other Earth-heroes, I thought her second run with the F4 was good (ran from Fantastic Four vol. 1 #305-324) and especially her time with the Avengers where she was a member from Avengers vol. 1 #343-402.

During her time with the Avengers you'll run into two major crossovers, Galactic Storm and Blood Ties. Here's the other issues you'll need for that:
    Galactic Storm (this is just a list not a reading order)
    Avengers #345-347
    Avengers West Coast #80-82
    Captain America #398-401
    Quasar #32-35
    Thor #445-446
    Iron Man #278
    Wonder Man #7-9

Blood Ties
    Avengers #368-369
    Avengers West Coast #101
    Uncanny X-Men #307
    X-Men #26
    Black Knight: Exodus

Personally, I believe both crossovers have been collecting in HC or TPB format. If you want to read her first run with the F4, she officially joined the team in #81 and hung around them for about 20 or so issues (I don't have stories with me). You could also read Son of M #1-6 and Inhumans (1998) #1-12 which aren't Crystal-centric but do showcase the Inhuman society and Crystal's place in them, plus you get see her daughter, Luna, a little bit older in Son of M which is great.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by WonderBoy View Post
    If I could make a Unique Suggestion WonderBoy, I would Highly Recommended the 1990's Animated Fantastic Four Series, Mostly Season 2! You can find it at the link below, but like I said in a post at the start of the thread it was the show that made me a fan of Crystal and I really like her Portrayal and Usage in that Series!

IMO a VERY Underrated Animated Series, Sad and Surprised it never got Bigger back then but Still it is a Great Series!

http://www.amazon.com/Fantastic-Four...fantastic+four

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Great thread. Crystal has always been under-appreciated -- I hope Marvel Studios can use her for their Inhumans movies, and will reunite her with Lockjaw. She has so much potential to be huge and iconic: not a spinoff of a male character, a powerhouse, unique powers, a sweet personality with a love of adventure. Like her ex-husband Pietro, Crystal was pretty much kept from truly taking off by bad writing from writers like Steve Englehart, which colored the way a whole generation saw her -- thank God for those 90s Avengers comics and those War of Kings issues. I especially loved her friendship with Sersi, who I also felt was underused. Though I wish she'd get a new look -- the yellow and black works okay, but too many artists fall back on the old "painted on suit" trick, so maybe a redesign the keeps the current color scheme would work.

Speaking of Pietro, I love both characters and their daughter, Luna, but that marriage always bothered me. It never really felt like the writers used the concept well; it always came off like an excuse to get Crystal away from Johnny and Pietro away from the Avengers. They really do have a lot in common, but even writers who liked the marriage never really emphasized their connection in a way that felt like they were equals. They'll probably reunite someday since everything in comics is cyclical, so I hope when they do, their development as individuals isn't ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    I hate that we'll never get to see Crystal and Luna involved with the House of M anytime soon. I really loved Crystal's interactions with Lorna in space and it was really neat for Crystal to be sort of connected to nearly all the "big" families in the MU (Inhumans, HoM, F4).
    On a side note, Crystal, Scarlet Witch, and Polaris would make quite a powerful trio.
    Yes, their interactions in space were really enjoyable and well done by DnA.

It's a waste that she's not related to Magneto's family anymore. That PISSED me off. I said this before that the MCU is a double edged sword. It's gonna lead to the comics downfall with their synergy. Also CJStriker, what do you think about the Silverhawk thread I made?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Inhumans: Crystal colors
    by ToddNauck

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Inhuma...lors-203712084

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I love this pic. Thanks for posting it CJ Striker! Crystal is my wife to be next to Wanda! lol

From Secret Invasion: War of Kings #1. I think this is a great Crystal moment. Great monologue and art! Very moving!

"I remember when the moon used to rise above the secret city of Attilan. Now we look up and see Earthrise. It is a forlorn sight. Silently, it speaks to me of everything that is denied to us."

OMG This song totally reminds me Crystal. It's based on the Jackson 5 song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odiPqaBCghA