Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

Crystal Tribute!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Crystal Tribute!

[video]
    Great share, CJStriker! One of the panels from the video was from this page in Uncanny X-Men: First Class #2. Crystal beating Storm at her own game! And you gotta love her Thing reference.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Yes, their interactions in space were really enjoyable and well done by DnA.
    It was pretty great seeing them together. Both characters often fall into only interacting with their same old group of characters, so it was nice to see DnA do a little research and find a potential connection there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandacrystal22 View Post
    It's a waste that she's not related to Magneto's family anymore. That PISSED me off. I said this before that the MCU is a double edged sword. It's gonna lead to the comics downfall with their synergy. Also CJStriker, what do you think about the Silverhawk thread I made?
    Unfortunately suits who know jack about the comics are letting petty studio disputes irrelevant to film sales undermine the comics badly, but they will lose interest in the comics and things will revert back in time.

Tell us about why Johnny Storm is involved in Uncanny Inhumans and how come Medusa is dating someone other than King Black Bolt?

Well, if you look at my issues of Inhuman leading up to that point, specifically around #11-14, you’ll see that Black Bolt hasn’t really been around. He unleashed this whole Terrigen bomb and then bailed. There’s a good reason for that, but the fact is Medusa has had to pull everything together by herself and has been responsible for keeping Inhumanity together, helping everybody, and trying to save the world pretty much. Black Bolt has been off hanging out with his crazy brother Maximus. When he finally comes back and is like, “Alright, I’m going to sit on that throne again,” Medusa’s like, “No, you’re not going to sit on the throne. You might have ruled the old capital, but this is my city now.” They’re like estranged, they’re separated basically. So, Medusa is out there in the world and she’s going to go out on some dates. And the person she is dating right now, at least that sure is what it looks like, is Johnny Storm, the Human Torch. That’s interesting for a lot of reasons, but one of the particularly interesting things is that Johnny Storm for a long time dated an Inhuman named Crystal, and Crystal is Medusa’s sister. We haven’t played that out yet, but I can’t imagine what that conversation is going to be like…Actually I can, considering I probably will get to write it.

Full article here. [Insert high-pitched scream.] Hopefully, this is not just some kind of character-building moment for Medusa, and Soule's plans for Crystal extend beyond this, but hey it's something!

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    Tell us about why Johnny Storm is involved in Uncanny Inhumans and how come Medusa is dating someone other than King Black Bolt?

Well, if you look at my issues of Inhuman leading up to that point, specifically around #11-14, you’ll see that Black Bolt hasn’t really been around. He unleashed this whole Terrigen bomb and then bailed. There’s a good reason for that, but the fact is Medusa has had to pull everything together by herself and has been responsible for keeping Inhumanity together, helping everybody, and trying to save the world pretty much. Black Bolt has been off hanging out with his crazy brother Maximus. When he finally comes back and is like, “Alright, I’m going to sit on that throne again,” Medusa’s like, “No, you’re not going to sit on the throne. You might have ruled the old capital, but this is my city now.” They’re like estranged, they’re separated basically. So, Medusa is out there in the world and she’s going to go out on some dates. And the person she is dating right now, at least that sure is what it looks like, is Johnny Storm, the Human Torch. That’s interesting for a lot of reasons, but one of the particularly interesting things is that Johnny Storm for a long time dated an Inhuman named Crystal, and Crystal is Medusa’s sister. We haven’t played that out yet, but I can’t imagine what that conversation is going to be like…Actually I can, considering I probably will get to write it.

Full article here. [Insert high-pitched scream.] Hopefully, this is not just some kind of character-building moment for Medusa, and Soule's plans for Crystal extend beyond this, but hey it's something!
    He talks as if he had only just learned of Crystal's existence for the first time.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    He talks as if he had only just learned of Crystal's existence for the first time.
    Sounded to me more like he was explaining it to people who were hearing about Crystal for the first time...probably since she hasn't really been used in the series yet.

Crystal is gonna be pretty pissed if her sister is dating Johnny. Maybe….This is not looking good.

Someone on Tumblr messaged me that they talked to Soule, and that

A) Crystal will have a new costume
    B) Crystal will have fallout with Johnny and Medusa.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    I had that same initial gut reaction ("I am offended that you're acting like Inhumans fans don't know who Crystal is!"), but as Dermie said, I realize that he is addressing potential new readers or people whose first introduction to Inhumans has been his run. Which it is kind of a shame that it's made it this far into an Inhumans run without any mention of Crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post

Oi vey. Ok, well, I'm not completely opposed to her having a new costume, but I really hope it's yellow and black! Something along the lines of Hawkeye's modern costume; it should pay homage to the original. I am glad to hear this, but now I'm just wanting more!! I really hope she will have a more prominent role going forward, more than just being mad her sister is dating her ex!!! Starting yesterday.

Son of M #2

I love this thread and think Crystal is awesome. Would anyone else read a Crystal/Polaris/Sersi book?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justin K. View Post
    I love this thread and think Crystal is awesome. Would anyone else read a Crystal/Polaris/Sersi book?
    I would 2nd That Book Like that Justin K. and Indeed would Read it!

I would also certainly hope for another book that would have Crystal/Polaris/Scarlet Witch and Luna in it, be a good Family book to read indeed!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

New costume? Thank God, she's been long overdue for one IMO. I just hope it's not as much of a departure from the classic costume as that Jessica Drew redesign. Here's to a new era for Crystal where hopefully she gets the respect she deserves so she'll forever stop being reset back to the Stan Lee/Jack Kirby characterization.

Well, it's a start, even if Crystal getting into some romantic drama with Medusa and Johnny isn't necessarily the best way to mark her return to the Inhuman books...I hope her new costume is good though .