Page 73 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1142

Awesome! Metro-sexual Torch! I like the fact that the young lady has a more child-like hair/appearance. Because Crystal was in her original stories, kind of naïve and not really grown adult. The family certainly treated her that way.

And Quicksilver guy has best facial expression!

The essential difference between the race of Inhumans and the race of Mutants:

One has our world against them. One has other worlds against them.

Question Medusa and Crystal

I REALLY need to work on unlocking her.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

ABC's Inhumans didn't get much right (including the casting of Crystal, Isabelle Cornish was pretty but wooden) but one of the things I did love about it was her design. Crystal's costume was pretty nice. I'd love to see it brought into the comics.

Crystal in the comics is around 30 now as of All New Inhumans. I think the look of Crystal in the show was fine, but I think too juvenile for comics Crystal. I like her comics look myself.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Oh my gosh she looks so cool! Maybe I should play that again? I had to give it up because the game was so buggy and slowed down all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Crystal in the comics is around 30 now as of All New Inhumans. I think the look of Crystal in the show was fine, but I think too juvenile for comics Crystal. I like her comics look myself.
    She's from a nigh-immortal race, our standards of aging don't have to apply to her. Until this recent Inhumans push, Crystal's never been portrayed as serious. She's always been girlish, and flighty. Yet, they wanted her to lead so they cut her hair and militarised her uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    She's from a nigh-immortal race, our standards of aging don't have to apply to her. Until this recent Inhumans push, Crystal's never been portrayed as serious. She's always been girlish, and flighty. Yet, they wanted her to lead so they cut her hair and militarised her uniform.
    Did you read Secret Invasion tie-in of the Inhumans and the War of Kings event? Crystal there was portrayed as serious and with a huge character growth and with potential of being a leader.
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 09-25-2018 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Did you read Secret Invasion tie-in of the Inhumans and the War of Kings event? Crystal there was portrayed as serious and with a huge character growth and with potential of being a leader.
    Yes and I also read her in Uncanny Inhumans. I'm not saying she isn't a capable leader or a powerful superhero because she's both. And she was perfectly situated to be as she was raised in the courts, she should be an authoritative and diplomatic leader. At best, Crystal should be portrayed as pragmatic because she's bound to have been in situations where she's had to be before (turning an eye the other way in relation to the neglect of the Alpha Primitives for the betterment of the other Inhumans). I'm saying she doesn't have to be portrayed as physically different from her early appearances to be such. It's a common misconception that no one will take a pretty, feminine girl seriously as a leader. Marvel tends to do this with its female characters as a mark towards them being "serious". Costumes that are less feminine, and cut their hair off. They did it when Kitty Pryde took over as the X-Men leader and when Carol Danvers became Captain Marvel.

Everyone has a different opinion, I think the ABC's Inhumans outfit was cute and Jae Lee drew it beautifully in the poster. And it's personally a costume I wouldn't mind her wearing. I don't think there's anything inherently childish or immature about a tunic and black leggings, it just looks like something she'd wear in court. There's nothing wrong with being a leader and being traditionally feminine. Marvel just seems to disagree.

Being matured now also doesn't negate that most of her storylines beforehand portrayed her as flighty. Almost all of her previous storylines have revolved around her relationships (Human Torch, Quicksilver and her subsequent affair with Black Knight) or being a bargaining chip for the Inhumans (the Kree Alliance/marriage to Ronan).

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    When she was on the Avengers in the 90's, they were beginning to write her in a more independent way. Whenever she was around the royals, she was treated younger because they didn't focus on her development as much. She was kinda like Ms Marvel (Kamala) back then because she was on actual super hero teams. After the 90's, they stopped using her like they did before. I hated her mariage to Ronan. It was unecessary and made her an object. She played a bigger role on the Avengers for them to later put her as some quasi-house wife. I know she did more things during WoK, but she was too secondary.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    When she was on the Avengers in the 90's, they were beginning to write her in a more independent way. Whenever she was around the royals, she was treated younger because they didn't focus on her development as much. She was kinda like Ms Marvel (Kamala) back then because she was on actual super hero teams. After the 90's, they stopped using her like they did before. I hated her mariage to Ronan. It was unecessary and made her an object. She played a bigger role on the Avengers for them to later put her as some quasi-house wife. I know she did more things during WoK, but she was too secondary.
    WoK is War of Kings right? Isn't she the Inhuman/Kree perspective of that? Would be cool to see her superheroing again. I feel that the Inhumans will somehow play a role with Avengers 1,000,000,000 and her joining would be the current Avengers counter part. Plus the Avengers get like Earths more powerful elementalist.