Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Saga Appreciation

I can't wait for Saga to come back. Maybe talking about what we love about it will help to kill time until it returns on the 21st of May (according to DisposableHeroes.) And then between issues, because that wait just is just the worst.

BANNED

I am glad this thread exists. It may become my new home. Saga is my life.

Toddler Hazel in the next arc. Marko and Alana are so screwed.

Saga!

I've been getting the tpbs, but am trying to hunt down the individual issues.

Madness? Probably!

One of my favorite things, is Fiona Staples art. I enjoyed her work when she was coloring Proof, then read a mini called North 40 that she drew, and from then on I'll buy anything that she does. The has been fantastic, but coupled with her art it's amazing.
    Writer of Lore and Legends for Mice Templar.

Checking into the new Saga thread. Got caught up on the series with the Eisner nominee comiXology sale. Read all 18 in about two days. Hooked and ready for more!

I love this comic so much. Every time time you turn the page, you're all, "Now what the hell is this now?!" with all the crazy alien creatures and stuff.

The only problem is, I'm a tpb-only kinda guy, and I read the first three volumes between January and March, so it's going to be a hell of a long wait for vol 4!

BANNED

Read the first 3 trades about 2 weeks ago. Great series. I can't wait for the next trade, I'll be picking this up monthly now.

I love having a title that I know, without a shadow of a doubt, my mind will consistently be blown away with every single issue.

Saga, is such a title.

Every time I read the last page of a Saga comic I whisper to myself, "Good gravy, I freaking love comic books."

And then I touch myself. But we wont talk about that here.

Writer/Editor/Superhero Marc Lombardi's Avatar

Saga is everything I love about comics. Humor. Witty dialogue. Likeable characters (both good and bad). Brilliant writing. Absolutely gorgeous art. Eye-catching covers. It is the total package.

And Lying Cat. How can anyone not like a book with Lying Cat?

The only thing I hate about the book is the schedule. 9-10 issues a year physically hurts me. I want more. I want bi-weekly Saga. But a book like this takes time to make, so I'm patient.
    Writer / Editor / Production / Talent Acquisition - www.grayhavencomics.com
    Promotions/Social Media - www.shadowlineonline.com
    Twitter - @marclombardi

Can't wait for this book to come back.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbarnes View Post
    Can't wait for this book to come back.
    Amen, Love this book, only a 3 week wait till it returns

After almost a 20 year hiatus from reading and collecting comic books, I decided to start reading again. Recommendations from this forum eventually led me to start reading Saga (among other titles). I must say it is an outstanding title with great storytelling and compelling artwork. So far, I've only been interested in 6 titles every month...Saga is #1 on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Lombardi View Post
    Saga is everything I love about comics. Humor. Witty dialogue. Likeable characters (both good and bad). Brilliant writing. Absolutely gorgeous art. Eye-catching covers. It is the total package.

And Lying Cat. How can anyone not like a book with Lying Cat?

The only thing I hate about the book is the schedule. 9-10 issues a year physically hurts me. I want more. I want bi-weekly Saga. But a book like this takes time to make, so I'm patient.
    Yeah, the delays are killer, but Saga pioneered the new Image method and I think it's way better than the alternative. Banking up issues over a scheduled break so that a whole story line comes out mostly monthly is so much better than waiting 2-3 months for every issue. It's a really smart move and I can see why they've adopted it for all the other high profile creator owned books they've been putting out this last year or so.

Is that how they've been doing it? I don't get the singles, and I'm only a recent convert, so I hadn't noticed. That does seem to be a more sensible approach. It's how another of my favourite comics, Atomic Robo, does it too.