I'm writing this here because I like Saga. And I'd like Saga readers to become Alex + Ada readers.

Alex + Ada (issue 7): I really like this. they’re bringing us to the edge of asking what it means to be human. I like the oblique angle: life is oblique, oblique and opaque. There're many examples of human life: the neighbor who panics just to know Ada's next door; Alex's buddy who sees Ada as only a fancy fantasy; Alex's grandmother who knows Ada's now far more than just 'a robot'. And Ada, now trying to pretend to be 'just a robot'.

A&A has got to be one of the quietest, subtlest comics I’ve read (and I go back many decades): could be just any girl, Ada, admiring how the bracelet looks on her wrist, but it is Ada, and she notices as well what the bracelet hides; just one quiet panel of a girl admiring jewelry, but it conveys a whole social and psychological under-current more.

A&A is one of the best world-building comics I’ve read: moreso even than Saga, certainly one of the best, but its multiple worlds whirl together somewhat higglety-pigglety. The world of Alex and Ada is orderly, is just there as they move through it revealed by Alex's and Ada's movement through it—a world of small changes, but significant changes, a very neatly complete world, a world easy to believe in.