Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Saga #32 in the house.
    We got a break from Hazel and got to spend time with our favorite couple Marco and Alana. I was pretty upset when the book said they weren't banging anymore, since I do like the sexual aspects of the book, but luckily, they were both naked by the end.
    I haven't liked Alana much in recent arcs, and this issue along with #30 have made me fall back in love with her. Her glasses in this issue were super cute, too. I loved her look at Marco when he was hesitant about jumping and grabbing her in the air. Staples might have done more storytelling than Vaughn with this issue. Some of the most important moments were told through the way the characters looked rather than what they said.

All-New Member

Long time lurker but I've just read saga #37 and didn't see a review thread. I'm very intrigued by the direction they are going with things. In particular, Sir Prince Robot is fast becoming the most interesting character for me, and I'm wondering where they are going with him, especially now that he seems to be harboring feelings for Alana. Or at least lust. Wonder how he going to deal with that, since Marko and Alana only have eyes for each other. Honestly, I always thought he was going to develop feelings for Marko, being as they were around each other without their families in the recent past and that the creators keep bringing in his clandestine male on male fantasies.

I feel like the new pregnancy isn't going to end well this time around for Marko and Alana. I'm surprised that Alana and Marko are so giddy when they are still being chased across the universe for daring to procreate the first time.

I miss Klara but I am liking Petrichor. Or maybe Izabel just makes everyone more awesome by being in her presence. And I love how much story Fiona can tell in just a few panels. Sometimes I think she is the better storyteller. The images of Phang were pretty powerful.

Can't wait for next month. Hope The Will, the journalist couple, Squire, and Ghus show up.

Spectacular Member

Well, I have just been thoroughly emotionally compromised by the latest issue and am ready to die now, how bout y'all?

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jinjonator View Post
    Well, I have just been thoroughly emotionally compromised by the latest issue and am ready to die now, how bout y'all?
    I'm pretty jaded at this point with all the deaths and attempts at "adult maturity" and shock. Saga just doesn't have it anymore. It's hard to care about anyone old or new at this point.

I still love the book but people's over emotional reactions pretty much gave away what was happening last issue.

I'm still with it. I think that though the death in the last issue was kind of meh, the book as a whole is still pretty good. I agree though. It doesn't have the same impact as it did on me before.

Fantastic Member

Been enjoying series so far . But when they start killing off characters doesn't that usually mean series is coming to a end ? Either way been a great read .

Quote Originally Posted by John Keyt View Post
    Been enjoying series so far . But when they start killing off characters doesn't that usually mean series is coming to a end ? Either way been a great read .
    I mean, this is Saga. They thrive on throwing wrenches in every direction you figured the story would go. Who knows this arc could suddenly resolve the war and it'll continue with a whole cast full of people dealing with PTSD. Highly doubt it's ending anytime soon, BKV's best series have both run 60 issues and I could see Saga hitting that with ease if the sales are there (which they are, it's a sales juggernaut).

Fantastic Member

Just read issue 39 a decent read from cover to cover .

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I'm pretty jaded at this point with all the deaths and attempts at "adult maturity" and shock. Saga just doesn't have it anymore. It's hard to care about anyone old or new at this point.
    This is sort of where I have been for a while. I keep reading it out of habit and the odd thought that maybe it will be interesting again, but it sort of seems like it is constantly recycled plot twists that have become boring. When I see it in my pulls every month, I am kind of startled, thinking, oh yeah, this is still going, sort of.

I've been getting bored of both Saga and East of West.