Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Writer/Editor/Superhero Marc Lombardi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Is that how they've been doing it? I don't get the singles, and I'm only a recent convert, so I hadn't noticed. That does seem to be a more sensible approach. It's how another of my favourite comics, Atomic Robo, does it too.
    It's usually an issue every month for five months. Then in month 6 is the trade. Then month 7 is a break. Then the process starts over again -- so it would look something like this:

Jan - Issue #1
    Feb - Issue #2
    March - Issue #3
    April - Issue #4
    May - Issue #5
    June - TPB
    July - nothing
    August - Issue #6
    September - Issue #7
    October - Issue #8
    November - Issue #9
    December - Issue #10
    January - TPB
    February - nothing
    etc.
    Writer / Editor / Production / Talent Acquisition - www.grayhavencomics.com
    Promotions/Social Media - www.shadowlineonline.com
    Twitter - @marclombardi

Saga is the sh@#
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

dropping in to show my love for Saga. Awesome comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    I love this comic so much. Every time time you turn the page, you're all, "Now what the hell is this now?!" with all the crazy alien creatures and stuff.

The only problem is, I'm a tpb-only kinda guy, and I read the first three volumes between January and March, so it's going to be a hell of a long wait for vol 4!
    I got it in trade before, but then I decided that I couldn't stand the wait when I was waiting for the third volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Lombardi View Post
    Saga is everything I love about comics. Humor. Witty dialogue. Likeable characters (both good and bad). Brilliant writing. Absolutely gorgeous art. Eye-catching covers. It is the total package.

And Lying Cat. How can anyone not like a book with Lying Cat?

The only thing I hate about the book is the schedule. 9-10 issues a year physically hurts me. I want more. I want bi-weekly Saga. But a book like this takes time to make, so I'm patient.
    LYING. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
    I can't wait for Saga to come back. Maybe talking about what we love about it will help to kill time until it returns on the 21st of May (according to DisposableHeroes.) And then between issues, because that wait just is just the worst.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!! left us at such a suspenseful unsatisfying cliffhanger. UGH gwendolyn for ruining everything!!! sucks that the will and his gals are separated for a while, completely shifts the dynamic for the set up of the second round!!!

It's usually an issue every month for five months. Then in month 6 is the trade. Then month 7 is a break. Then the process starts over again -- so it would look something like this:
    Good explanation, except it comes in six-issue chunks, not five-issue chunks.

Quote Originally Posted by cuttlefish View Post
    Good explanation, except it comes in six-issue chunks, not five-issue chunks.
    You're right. I think I was confusing it with what Peter Panzerfaust is doing (which may very well also be in six issue chunks).
    Twitter - @marclombardi

I'm fine with the Saga delays. I'll gladly wait a couple months every now and then to ensure consistent and highest-quality artwork. I also think it's a smart marketing choice to put out the trade in between, give people a chance to reset, and then continue. Not a surprise that so many Image comics have adopted the schedule.

Saga is IMO the comic of the decade so far, an instant classic and a work that encapsulates everything you could possibly love about fiction. It succeeds on every level and is the torchbearer for the Image renaissance.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    Saga is IMO the comic of the decade so far, an instant classic and a work that encapsulates everything you could possibly love about fiction. It succeeds on every level and is the torchbearer for the Image renaissance.
    The last arc was especially neat that way, talking about what fiction does and how it can be used. Usually when you get that stuff in comics it's pretty heady, but this was really down to earth (ironically) and I thought that was pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    I'm fine with the Saga delays. I'll gladly wait a couple months every now and then to ensure consistent and highest-quality artwork. I also think it's a smart marketing choice to put out the trade in between, give people a chance to reset, and then continue. Not a surprise that so many Image comics have adopted the schedule.

I just realized that I'm reading most of your pull list...basically everything other The Private Eye, All-New Ghost Rider, Loki: Agent of Asgard, All-New X-Factor & Amazing Spider-Man. And The Private Eye is on my list of books to read. And Ghost Rider, too, because I love Tradd's art.
    Twitter - @marclombardi

I just realized that I'm reading most of your pull list...basically everything other The Private Eye, All-New Ghost Rider, Loki: Agent of Asgard, All-New X-Factor & Amazing Spider-Man. And The Private Eye is on my list of books to read. And Ghost Rider, too, because I love Tradd's art.
    Hey Marc,its Bob from BC.Glad to see you on the forums.Saga continues to rock my world despite the hiatus.

Fantastic Member

I agree Saga is # 1 on my current pull list . Was given issues 1 to 10 first prints at Christmas . And really enjoyed so picked up rest of run and added it to my list . Along with East of West , Lazarus and Jupiter's Legacy . Though Jupiter's might get cut due to the lengthy wait between issues . Just love ever thing about Saga so refreshing , great humor , cool characters ,awesome writing .

All-New Member

Another huge fan of Saga here. I've lost count of how many people I have recommended Saga to. It's been greatly helpful to make comic readers out of people who usually dismissed graphic narrative. Issues are harder to get than TPBs here in Mexico, but I'm trying to collect both.

Also, I have the incredible fortune of working directly with Saga, as I am the translator in charge for the Mexican edition published by Editorial Kamite http://kamite.com.mx/comics/saga.html

It is a quite challenging work, and at times I become weary for searching the proper words to make Alana and Marko "sound" right. While they don't use complex vocabulary or syntax, their speech is incredibly nuanced. But so far, from what I've gathered from readers, they are enjoying it, which was my main goal.

HIATUS OVER! Saga #19 is on the list for May 21 (not this week, but next week): http://www.previewsworld.com/shippin...ngreleases.txt