Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I'd love to see this made into a movie,or t.v. show at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    I'd love to see this made into a movie,or t.v. show at some point.
    Can I ask why? This is a sentiment that always confuses me in regards to things like Saga. When I read things like the Nathan Edmonson miniseries Dancer I think "that would make a decent movie", but with things like Saga I feel that it will always be best in comic form.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory426 View Post
    but with things like Saga I feel that it will always be best in comic form.
    So does BKV. I believe he's gone on record to say that this is specifically a story for comics and comics only.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory426 View Post
    Can I ask why? This is a sentiment that always confuses me in regards to things like Saga. When I read things like the Nathan Edmonson miniseries Dancer I think "that would make a decent movie", but with things like Saga I feel that it will always be best in comic form.
    I think it is just the normal thought process for us to want to see these things turned into live action films and series'. We do get let down pretty often, though. I want to see Y: The Last Man as a series. I don't understand how The Walking Dead can get so big, but these other comics can't.

I think that the between the storytelling,and all the visuals,characters,it would make a great movie.That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    So does BKV. I believe he's gone on record to say that this is specifically a story for comics and comics only.
    Probably for the best. Saga feels most like something that fits best in comic form.

These days the line between the paneled page and television or film is nothing like it used to be. Modern comics, to me, especially ones like Saga or Hickman/Dragotta's East of West or Rat Queens , transcend that divide and offer a cinematic experience that's more gripping and rewarding than any adaptation could be.

Both Saga and East of West draw from the very best from the traditions of the respective genres of their origins (movies and comic books) - to blur the distinctions, and in my mind, create something wholly new and significantly complete. However, I have a bias about these things...I've never seen a really great adaptation of a comic book to film, I hardly watch any television and have always found everything that 'could be' already there in the comic books.

Same works the other way around. Great movies, cartoons and television shows, for me, don't work as comic books.
    Even the classics...like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...when you compare the comic book experience to the cartoon experience you might as well be comparing a matchbox car to your used 1992 Subaru...one is fun to play with...the other is an extension of your everyday life.

Saga as a movie would seem like an easy thing to do...it's already there, it wouldn't take much at all to speed up the panels compress the story and reel it out. Still, think about all that we'd loose. Not to mention, whether it's even necessary. Plus, The comic itself makes uses television, movies, film and the industry of moving pictures as a thematic touchstone and weaves it as an entity into the story. I'm not a genius, but part of that seems to be very intentional. For once, the comic is absorbing the screens that usually absorb it, beating it to the punch- if you will...and that can't be on accident.

Does anyone have any ideas about what Staples and Vaughn might be saying about the film industry with their comic?
    Why is Alana up on stage? Why is she becoming an actress? What's going on here?
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Fiona Staples has said in interviews that Bkv and her have been approached by TV studios. They've turned the offer down because they didn't think they got the right deal/situation. I could see Saga being adapted in the future in some form or another though, it's too good not to. With shows like Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones the quality of television productions have never been higher. With the right studio and team they can do the comic justice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    Fiona Staples has said in interviews that Bkv and her have been approached by TV studios. They've turned the offer down because they didn't think they got the right deal/situation. I could see Saga being adapted in the future in some form or another though, it's too good not to. With shows like Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones the quality of television productions have never been higher. With the right studio and team they can do the comic justice.
    As a writer with some minor film experience I'll tell you that when a project is made the script is the least adhered to thing in the production, unless your showrunner/whatever is the writer I suppose (true detective). And the script in this case would be an adaptation of Saga, which would diverge from the source material anyway. If it ended up on TV Saga would be very, very different.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by son of booyah View Post
    As a writer with some minor film experience I'll tell you that when a project is made the script is the least adhered to thing in the production, unless your showrunner/whatever is the writer I suppose (true detective). And the script in this case would be an adaptation of Saga, which would diverge from the source material anyway. If it ended up on TV Saga would be very, very different.
    True not to mention not nearly enough content right now so you have to expand the material.

Picked up issues 1 and 2 on eBay this week. Haven't read them yet. I take it Saga is pretty damn good then?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Fan View Post
    Picked up issues 1 and 2 on eBay this week. Haven't read them yet. I take it Saga is pretty damn good then?
    Saga is incredible. Fiona Staples art is incredible and BKV's writing is in top form.

Fantastic Member

Wow issue 19 . At last .

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    Probably for the best. Saga feels most like something that fits best in comic form.
    I just want to see the Stalk in live action.

Great news! BKV is leaving Under the Dome from CBS to concentrate solely on comics. http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/...nder-the-dome/ They'll be new writers for Under the Dome including Stephen King himself. This is great news all around.