Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Read issues 1 and 2 today for the first time. Awesome. Will pick up the other 17 on eBay ASAP.

I'm loving Saga. Up to issue 10 now - managed to pick up all of the issues up to 19 on eBay pretty cheap.

Lying cat is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Neowing View Post
    This comic is so underrated, I just loved everything about it.
    Seeing that, had to wipe tears of merriment from face given practically every other comment in this thread.

Have long ago accept that it's all subjective...and my own subjective view of Saga is that it's a good solid comic rather than outstanding...I dropped out after about half a dozen issues with no real regrets.

Oh man. You guys. Just got caught up to#19. All the sads. I know Saga does these kind of gut-punch endings pretty reliably on a monthly basis, but dang did this one get me. I need a skish.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

BANNED

Saga is the only comic keeping me invested in comics right now. I love the medium, but the creators I usually follow are going through a dry spell in terms of releasing regular on-going content. That said, I am buying the trade paperbacks for Saga, and I have become so invested in all of the characters' narratives, as I do with all Brian K. Vaughan creator owned works, that I don't like when any of them die. Of course, this being a Brian K. Vaughan comic, the longer this continues the more characters die...

I am on the edge of my seat reading each and every chapter. It's so good, but so nerve wracking.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Oh man. You guys. Just got caught up to#19. All the sads. I know Saga does these kind of gut-punch endings pretty reliably on a monthly basis, but dang did this one get me. I need a skish.
    Same here. Wasn't expecting that ending.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    I will not be looking forward to seeing that ending when I catch up. It's going to hurt me, I know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Fan View Post
    Same here. Wasn't expecting that ending.
    Yup, and the solicit for the next issue reads "Something terrible happens." Dreading that already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    I will not be looking forward to seeing that ending when I catch up. It's going to hurt me, I know it.
    The only reason to read Saga is to get your heart broken. But no seriously, avoid spoilers at all costs from now on... Luckily Saga doesn't tend to spoil plot points in solicitations and such (unlike SOME publishers, side-eyeing Marvel here..) but it'd be a shame to get spoiled in a review or something.

Great book. Recently finished the 1st trade, and whilst I'm usually a trade guy, I think I'm going to make an exception and pick this up in singles as it comes out, as apposed to getting the next 2 trades then waiting 6 months for another taste.

Has there been any scheduling delays with this book, or have they been able to meet the monthly deadlines? (assuming it's a monthly book).

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Great book. Recently finished the 1st trade, and whilst I'm usually a trade guy, I think I'm going to make an exception and pick this up in singles as it comes out, as apposed to getting the next 2 trades then waiting 6 months for another taste.

Has there been any scheduling delays with this book, or have they been able to meet the monthly deadlines? (assuming it's a monthly book).
    Saga follows a tight schedule of monthly for 6 months and then they put out a trade for the trade waiters. They then go on break for 3 months before going back monthly for the next 6. This schedule allows Fiona Staples and BKV to stay as the sole creative team on this series. Also it allows the trade waiters to catch up and hopefully convert them like yourself to pick up the monthlies. It is working as their sales numbers increase every month. Works for me as it keeps the great Fiona and Brian on the series. Saga wouldn't be the same with a different artist or writer.

I think Saga has been the best book I've picked up in years. I've read the first 3 volumes and can't wait for more.

All-New Member

I have a question for readers that are past #5. I expect this wouldn't require a warning by now but SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T READ #5, AVERT YOUR EYES.

Just before Prince Robot kills The Stalk, his facescreen shows a pic. At first I thought it was a baby pacifier but then it seems more like a rattle. What do you make of that, what do you think went through his mind in order to display that image? My first thought was around the word "sucker", like "She's going for a sucker punch" or "she takes me for a sucker". But then again, if it's a rattle, what could it mean, what did you understand?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prufrock View Post
    I have a question for readers that are past #5. I expect this wouldn't require a warning by now but SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T READ #5, AVERT YOUR EYES.

Just before Prince Robot kills The Stalk, his facescreen shows a pic. At first I thought it was a baby pacifier but then it seems more like a rattle. What do you make of that, what do you think went through his mind in order to display that image? My first thought was around the word "sucker", like "She's going for a sucker punch" or "she takes me for a sucker". But then again, if it's a rattle, what could it mean, what did you understand?
    I will have to go an look at the image again but in the meantime, here they both are in awesome cosplay

Quote Originally Posted by Prufrock View Post

Oh wow completely forgot about that... Now that you mention it, here are two thoughts in the spoilertag below, select text to read:
    POSSIBLE SPOILERS:
    spoilers:
    1. Okay so this one's the obvious one: Prince Robot IV is told The Stalk is reaching for something, expects a weapon to be drawn and fears for his life because he has a baby on the way he wants/needs/is expected to take care of.
    2. This is 'out there' and I don't think it's true at all, but your mention of it made me consider it for a second... What if The Stalk was pregnant? And Prince Robot IV somehow notices this, causing the rattle to flash up? Arachnids can carry sacs with lots of small babies in their body; you sometimes hear horror stories about how people find a large spider in their home, flatten it, only for the body to burst and a wealth of little spiders to come crawling out of the egg sac. I'm not a biologist but assuming that's true... It would be one hell of a way of introducing her offspring into the story... Again, I HIGHLY doubt it and also it would completely gross, but your post made me think of it.
    end of spoilers

Total Snorefest, I was thinking the same thing for your spoiler #2 but I think that's unlikely. Saga has already moved to the next arc so unless BKV decides to revisit the last moments of Stalk's life, she might be written out of storyline. However BKV has said that in future issues, the images on Prince Robot's face will be explained (I would assume so anyways).

spoilers:
    Originally I assumed Prince Robot was in fact gay which explains the images of men frolicking on his screen
    end of spoilers