Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    There's nothing wrong with it. But there's also nothing unusual or uncalled for about going, "Dude, TMI" when folks bring up their masturbation habits in a public conversation.
    It was totally TMI. But I think it is something BKV and Staples personally try to achieve with their work. So I considered the info, despite being an overshare, an important part of my Saga review.
    Speaking of characters I have fetishized, where is Izabel and her lovely entrails during all of this recent drama? I feel like we haven't seen her in forever. Between Rat Queens snubbing Betty and Saga snubbing Izabel, none of my favorite female Image characters have been appearing in their respective books.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    But I think it is something BKV and Staples personally try to achieve with their work.
    I can't say for sure, but I doubt this very much.

Yeah, I don't think that's what they're aiming for...

See, I always thought the D Oswald Heist books that Alana loved were supposed to be a metaphor for what he wanted Saga to be. Something that comes off like a action fueled jerk off mag to the mainstream population, but is actually a call to revolution if you read into it.

They also encourage fans of the sexual side of the comic in the letters, encouraging those who write in praise of the kink pages with things like "Thank you for liking robot sex" (issue 6).
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 06-13-2015 at 01:11 PM.

BKV is pretty funny in those pages. There's a lot of kidding around happening in there. I imagine how I'd say that, and figure he's not saying 'thanks for beating it to some drawings of a sex act, none of which is explicit' in less words.

I'm tempted to read those letter answering pages but I always skip them, unless I see cosplay pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by ishikabe View Post
    I'm tempted to read those letter answering pages but I always skip them, unless I see cosplay pictures.
    See that's interesting to hear, I'm quite the opposite. Love me a good letters column, that really weighs heavy for me when deciding whether to follow a series in single issues or collected format. It's like a little reading group/community. But I can understand they're not for everyone.
    Saga in particular has some real gems every now and then though; stories from prison inmates, from soldiers stationed far from home, there was even a wedding proposal once! The next issue I skipped straight to the letters first to find out how their partner responded!
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Andy Smith

Hi all, newb here and just thought I'd jump in on the Saga love, as there is no better series out there IMO. I don't read as many comics as I used to, so I might be missing other gems (sure I probably am), but the level of consistency and character that BKV and FS bring to it makes it as much a soap as a scifi romp!

The end of TPB 3 (issue 18 I believe), where Hazel is shown toddling for the first time, still brings a lump my throat! And the Will is probably the best bad-ass character ever!

Welcome to the forums Andy!
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

So did everyone else love this new issue, too? It was fantastic. Manly tears were shed.
    spoilers:
    I really hope Hazel doesn't wind up being the villain of the piece. Or The Will.
    And that Alana/Marco reunion was beautifully done. They started to take each other for granted, then learned what life is like without each other, and are reunited all the more grateful for having each other. Now they just need to save their baby before it gets brainwashed into being a big bad.
    Also, RIP TV Guy, you were pretty cool.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 07-08-2015 at 04:27 PM.

So did everyone else love this new issue, too? It was fantastic. Manly tears were shed.
    spoilers:
    I really hope Hazel doesn't wind up being the villain of the piece. Or The Will.
    And that Alana/Marco reunion was beautifully done. They started to take each other for granted, then learned what life is like without each other, and are reunited all the more grateful for having each other. Now they just need to save their baby before it gets brainwashed into being a big bad.
    Also, RIP TV Guy, you were pretty cool.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah I'm really worried what this means for Hazel and the Will and where it goes from here. My gut feeling has always been that Alana or Marco is going to die at some point in the series, so I'm all prepared for that. I'm not prepared for what this means for Hazel. So BKV said on the letters page it's probably a good time during the break to go back and read some of the subtle hints from Hazel's narration throughout the series to get an idea of what's to come. Might have to do that.
    end of spoilers
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

I thought this was the best issue of the arc and helped to redeem things a bit in my eyes. The emotional payoffs were really strong; the scene with The Will CRUSHED me, I was nearly in tears. Marko and Alana belong together, I'm happy they didn't keep them apart too long. Still think this was easily the weakest arc in the book, but at least I have most of my enthusiasm back for this series.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

The best part was when the TV guy tried to lecture Alana for using the word "retard" and she just bashes him over the head and yells "Fuck your dead kid!" Classic Alana.

The best part was when the TV guy tried to lecture Alana for using the word "retard" and she just bashes him over the head and yells "Fuck your dead kid!" Classic Alana.
    Hahaha yeah I loved that. Poor Dengo
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Eisner best continuing series 3 years running, now.