Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    True. Sales have been way down for some time.
    No, they have not. I've posted the numbers on this before. It was Matt Fraction's lackluster effort on the title that killed the audience that Hickman built up. Sure it was a stunt issue but the sales for the "death bag" issue were pretty high. Hickman's numbers averaged in the 40,000 range. For a while, the FF title tooks its place but sales on both titles were strong enough under Hickman so that you essentially could say the Fantastic Four was double shipping for a while because the storylines overlapped.

By the time Fraction's run ended it was near the bottom of the top 100. That has never happened in it's entire run.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-31-2015 at 10:57 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    We have no idea if it's good or not. I'm not really interested in seeing the FF be a bunch of teens or 20-somethings, and the tone looks a little too self-serious, but if the reviews are good I'll give it a shot.
    That's my stance too.

If it gets good reviews, I'll watch it.

If it doesn't, I won't be surprised. Lots of Fox's superhero movies have been rubbish.

BANNED

I'll say that I can't fault fans for wanting to see the live action rights of the FF revert back to Marvel & be produced by Marvel Studios; just because the overall high standard of quality of that particular in-house production company.

But I am honestly interested in this latest FF film, way more than the last two. I like how it seems based on the origin of Ultimate FF though I think the best balance is a mix between the classic & ultimate, which Marvel Studios seems to strike.

Look, I paid to see "Amazing Spider-Man 2" in theaters and Sony still made a deal with Marvel Studios.
    If a Marvel character(s) has a film out that I'm interested in seeing, I'm gonna see it.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Lol, I actually laughed out at the Spider-man vs Dr Manhattan comment.
    Thanks Iwish I had found it as funny while I got my refund for my ticket.

I'm not going to go see it because it's looks terrible and the direction is horrid. If that helps get Marvel their stuff back then nifty.

I think it looks good, I don't really care about having the X-Men and FF show up in an Avengers movie.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

I want the FF rights back, X-Men are fine separate for now, but the MCU needs Silver Surfer and other FF-related properties. (And God-forbid if She-Hulk, Crystal, and/or Medusa are with Fox.) A lot of people are really quick to defend Fox's legal rights, but Marvel is within their rights to use whatever legal means they wish to coerce Fox into abandoning the rights. Fox has played dirty too, suing Marvel for using the word "mutant" despite the fact that the agreement didn't give them exclusive rights to that word (see Mutant X lawsuit). Neither side is "right" or "wrong," but as a fan, I don't want the film rights separate anymore than I want Marvel Comics to sell X-Men and Fantastic Four to Image. The rights were never meant to be with Fox in perpetuity, and I doubt Marvel imagined Fox would still be coming out with films 25 years later. Yeah, that's the chance they took when they gave Fox a license with no time cap, but Marvel has the right to try to get them back as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jtd View Post
    I wondered what others thought of this?

I am not interested in paying for seeing the Fantastic Four movie because the trailers and casting just don't appeal to me. It really just doesn't make me want to see it. It's like the recent Sony Spider-Man movies. I had zero desire to see them. I finally had the chance to see the one with the Lizard on TV, and I couldn't finish watching it. I saw the casting and changes to Rhino and Electro in the second one, and again have no desire to see it.

Obviousy the movies didn't do as well as Sony wanted them to. And thus it made financial sense for them to make a deal with Disney for future Spider-Man movies.

So, if fans don't go out and see the FF movie, and perhaps the enevitable second attempt Fox will make, do you think this will help bring Fox to the point that they'll make a deal with Disney similar to Sony?

And if you are a fan who wants the spreadout Marvel characters to return to Disney's control/shared control, isn't this the only true power you as a fan have in influencing this occurring?
    Your logic strikes me as specious.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Movie looks like a big ball of origin story "meh" but i'll see it. "meh" comic book movies are still more enjoyable than most movies.

Do I want Marvel to get the rights back? Yes... but not for the F4. I don't really care about them and if Marvel somehow got the rights back ever, I woudln't even want a Fantastic 4 movie made.

Doom, Galactus, Silver Surfer, Kang, and Super Skrulls are the real prize. Them vs the MCU Avengers is what I want to see.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

If it looks interesting to you go see it. I'm not holding grudges because as much as I would like to see all Marvel heroes under the MCU banner we just have to accept it for what it is. I personally don't care for the look of the new FF movie, and I want to see X-Men and a superheroes and not a bunch of OP mutants that are heroes , but not really. I wish FF and X-Men would make movies with those characters doing cool superhero stuff and not focus too much on "modernizing" them so much, but if the movie is good than I'll say the movie is good.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I desperately want Marvel to get back the rights to FF for the simple reason that I've largely preferred Marvel's superhero movies to Fox's own. It's telling that Fox haven't been able to produce an X-men movie (despite the popularity of the characters) that's grossed up to $250M in the states.

The X-men have ranged from horrible to good and Fox's other superhero movies have been nonsense (Daredevil, the original FF movies, Elektra etc).

The most recent property to revert back to Marvel was Daredevil and Marvel turned it into an excellent TV series.

I've seen nothing to suggest otherwise with the FF. However, it doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon.
    I want Marvel to get the FF rights back because most of the cosmic heavy hitters reside in the FF license. We deserve Annihilation adapted to film!

BANNED

A flop doesn't mean that Marvel Studios gets the rights back and another FF film goes immediately into production. It means that property gets written off as poison by the execs and the public and you'll be lucky to see another FF movie before you hit the retirement home.

You haven't seen any new Catwoman, Steel, Jonah Hex or Howard the Duck movies for a while have you? Supergirl and Daredevil were only able to come back as TV shows, and Supergirl took more than 30 years so that retirement home thing is no exaggeration. And even movies that do okay, but just okay, can kill a franchise. See for example Ghost Rider, Green Lantern, The Punisher or The Hulk.

The upshot, if you want to see another FF movie, any FF movie, you'd better hope for a hit here.

BANNED

I'd never not see a movie because it'd make things easier on Disney. They're going to be just fine. And as many have pointed out, having multiple companies working on big budget superhero movies only serves us fans (as if it were all in Disney's hands they'd limit the eggs they put in the tights basket).

I'm not gonna see that movie because it simply doesn't interest me and nothing they've shown has pulled me in. It just feels too much like they're pushing the whole dark and edgy feel that's been plaguing the comic movie scene and it just doesn't feel like the F4.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    A flop doesn't mean that Marvel Studios gets the rights back and another FF film goes immediately into production. It means that property gets written off as poison by the execs and the public and you'll be lucky to see another FF movie before you hit the retirement home.

You haven't seen any new Catwoman, Steel, Jonah Hex or Howard the Duck movies for a while have you? Supergirl and Daredevil were only able to come back as TV shows, and Supergirl took more than 30 years so that retirement home thing is no exaggeration. And even movies that do okay, but just okay, can kill a franchise. See for example Ghost Rider, Green Lantern, The Punisher or The Hulk.

The upshot, if you want to see another FF movie, any FF movie, you'd better hope for a hit here.
    The Hulk is different as Universal still has the distribution rights for a solo Hulk flim. That why he hasn't had a movie since 2008.