Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Unhappy What makes you cry?

Exactly what the title says, anything from the bizarre to the serious, the awkward and embarrassing to the soul movingly beautiful.

If I sing for any longer than thirty seconds, I start to tear up. I wish I knew why.

And commercials that feature sad dogs gets me, every dog darn time.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Every time someone dies in a movie or tv show. Those commercials where the old tool is rejected for the new product. There was a commercial with an iron who sang I'm Mr. Lonely. That made me cry.
    This commercial makes me very sad.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdIJOE9jNcM&feature=kp
    Last edited by coveredinbees; 05-24-2014 at 02:22 PM.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Fantastic Member

On pintarest were a guy talks about the Lab ( named Reggie ) he adopted and the letter the previous owner had wrote about Tank and why he gave him up and the story of why he called him Reggie . And what happened to original owner . Cried like a baby first time in 20 years . Dam dog stories .

There are two distinct, sad moments that make me teary: The death of Skyman in Infinity, Inc. and Wilson floating out to sea in Cast Away.

I'm sure there are more, but those two I know for sure.

Sad stories, death of friend or relative, and perhaps thinking of time lost or things not done with those who have died.

"Soo...per...man..."

BANNED

Hearing about someone, a real person, commiting suicide, even if I don't know them personally. I don't actually cry but I do get that tingling sensation in my tear glands as if I'm about to, specially if I hear they had young kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post

"Soo...per...man..."

A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

BANNED

Sad country songs. I am a big sloppy sap for them. Tom T. Hall, Keith Whitley, even one particular Alabama song that I'm too embarrassed to name can get tears streaming down my cheeks. I kind of like it, though, it's a relief to quickly cry it out to a song and then go back to your day. Although it's not lost on me that the songs that get me the most are about fathers and my dad died when I was young, so there's surely some catharsis going on there.

And of course sad things that happen to people close to me in real life.

Movies and comics don't really do it for me. The last comic that made me cry was We3, and that one gives some strong, shameless tugs at the heartstrings with abused pets. If they make a movie the soundtrack will just be Sarah McLachlan singing "In The Eyes Of An Angel."

Deaths
    Politics

And more
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I'll admit it. (Although I'm not embarrassed to say.) Titanic. But not Jack's death scene, sad as that is. Instead, it's those final moments of the sinking, starting around the time Jack and Rose return to the deck, and begin making their way to the stern. The ship is tilting more and more, people are screaming, bodies are falling left and right, the ship starts breaking up. Yeah, that all gets me every single time. It's not just because James Cameron so expertly captures the emotion of it all, but because it combines with the knowledge that it actually happened, and that real people actually went through it.
    Last edited by Michael24; 05-24-2014 at 08:07 PM.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Still too lazy to change Nick Soapdish's Avatar

My contact lenses.

And Hollywood is great at pushing my buttons, especially when the movie has a great score. I cried at the end of Glory when the Union soldiers were being thrown into a mass grave together, both white and black. (Probably when Denzel Washington and Matthew Broderick died as well.) I've probably cried for every movie scored by Hans Zimmer at some point in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Soapdish View Post
    And Hollywood is great at pushing my buttons, especially when the movie has a great score. I cried at the end of Glory when the Union soldiers were being thrown into a mass grave together, both white and black. (Probably when Denzel Washington and Matthew Broderick died as well.) I've probably cried for every movie scored by Hans Zimmer at some point in the movie.
    Good film, but it's this scene from Glory that gets me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVSn_bno8IQ

And yes, I cry at Hollywood flicks

The ending of Last of the Mohicans
    The ending of Field of Dreams
    The attack on Normandy from Saving Private Ryan

BANNED

War, poverty, cruelty, unnecessary violence.

http://youtu.be/RJ7E7Qp-s-8

1:17 mark