Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

.......9 ?

My second version of Valkyrie.

val.jpg

And what my Falcon with no colors and resizing :

Image (14).jpg

It is going to make more sense with color (hopefuly).

Okay. Falcon is now up for grabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    .......9 ?
    You will be drawing Black Bolt.

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post

val.jpg

Image (14).jpg

Wow. That is- oh hell, honestly not great. I won't lie. But there is truly something in Val there that is attention-getting. Something that I like. You should look into some human anatomy. Basic geometry, proportions, that kind of thing. If it seems worthwhile, skeleton and musculature too. I'll tell you right off that hands and feet need work, but everyone has trouble with those. I have trouble with those.

Interesting that you chose a relaxed, siting pose, as if someone were modeling for you. If so, consider yourself ahead of the game. Life drawing is a vital part of any artists repertoire. If not, same story. I'd say pulling stuff out of your head is another thing that needs frequent doing. Both the simple and the complex need to be explored.

In case you're wondering, yes I am still working on Groot. At the moment I am on vacation, but I took time to work out a basic design. I brought the scanner with me, but can't get it working right just yet because Microsoft sucks.
    Actually, I have an idea what to do about that, and there's more to my feelings about Microsoft than the performance of my scanner in Windows 8, but I wasted the first 2 days of my vacation on these problems before deciding it has to wait until I return home in a few days. If I don't have more of Groot done by then, the work will get into high gear at that time. Say, no later than Wednesday.

Sorry about the wait, but family's getting married and I couldn't let that pass.

Quote Originally Posted by thetrellan View Post
    Wow. That is- oh hell, honestly not great. I won't lie. But there is truly something in Val there that is attention-getting. Something that I like. You should look into some human anatomy. Basic geometry, proportions, that kind of thing. If it seems worthwhile, skeleton and musculature too. I'll tell you right off that hands and feet need work, but everyone has trouble with those. I have trouble with those.

Interesting that you chose a relaxed, siting pose, as if someone were modeling for you. If so, consider yourself ahead of the game. Life drawing is a vital part of any artists repertoire. If not, same story. I'd say pulling stuff out of your head is another thing that needs frequent doing. Both the simple and the complex need to be explored.
    What are the most problematic part of her anatomy ?
    I know I did terrible with her hands and the lef leg.

Once it is draw I can't really correct myself. And once it is scan I only got a mouse to draw and correct.
    I tried to replace the face with an other scan, but it is feeling off. Still better than her tring not to sneeze but honestly I am not really satisfied with the result.

What are the most problematic part of her anatomy ?
    I know I did terrible with her hands and the lef leg.

Once it is draw I can't really correct myself. And once it is scan I only got a mouse to draw and correct.
    I tried to replace the face with an other scan, but it is feeling off. Still better than her tring not to sneeze but honestly I am not really satisfied with the result.
    Actually the face is the best part. The mouth is too wide, but for some reason it works for me.

Sweet heaven, don't try to draw with a mouse. If you are that determined to draw, then you have my respect. Get a pad and stylus. "Bamboo" is what they're using these days, I think. Don't get a big one, that's a common mistake. Smaller means your hand won't have to work as hard. I had a 12" wide one and replaced it with one half that size. There was nothing wrong with it, it was just too much space to deal with. The 6" one is cheaper, anyway. It will change your life. They're expensive- the first one I got was $200- but worth it.

Today it's between 60 and 100 dollars. http://www.frys.com/product/7960420?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

The problem with the leg is the foot/ankle. You may think the thigh is off, but thighs have a way of appearing half as wide in a sitting position, so it's okay. A quick search of "feet in repose" didn't turn up anything you can use, so my advice is get someone to assume that position and take pictures of it from that angle and a few more besides (the other angles can help you understand why it does or does not work). Feet are the hardest thing to draw. The heel often presents a problem, so keep it simple and if it doesn't work, set it down for later. it might not look so bad after you stop for awhile.

Don't worry about her left hand, the one in her lap. It matches the style. The hand on the floor has the appearance of missing its thumb. The thumb is closer to the wrist and has only 2 segments after the knuckle compared to the other fingers' three. Foreshortening can make it look smaller from this angle, and it often is pointed away from the fingers at a different angle. This image might help. http://www.indestructiblemuscle.com/...464821.jpg?351 I know it's a small image, but this angle might be more what you're looking for without changing the rest of the hand. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...025aad933a.jpg As with the rest of the drawing, a simple outline is all that's needed.

As for not being able to change something once drawn, the easiest solution for that is to look at in the mirror or, if scanned already, use Photoshop to flip the image horizontally. Even just looking at it upside down can show you what needs to be done.
    Last edited by thetrellan; 07-12-2015 at 03:23 PM.

Thanks for the advices

Starting Over your imaginary pal's Avatar

I think I have my art situation figured. I'll try #4.
    Ungowa Soul Power - My Soundcloud - My Portfolio
    Live long and perspire ~ Mr. Smock

Krakoa is for lovers Blackphoenix's Avatar

I understand what you're trying to say here, but keep in mind that most of us aren't professional artists and we're all doing this for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackphoenix View Post
    I understand what you're trying to say here, but keep in mind that most of us aren't professional artists and we're all doing this for fun.
    Normally I don't. I don't know why I did this time, and I was pretty surprised that it was taken so well.

People can take constructive criticism as a personal attack. I know this, I understand why, but I also know people need encouragement. And criticism that is not designed to tear down, but to inform, is encouragement, even if it's not perceived that way. I wouldn't waste my time if I didn't see something, after all.

This time? I just had this weird feeling I should. Just something about the drawing struck a chord. I wasn't blown away, but I thought "this person should stick with it". Maybe I didn't get the message across, maybe I did a little.

Anyway, wasn't planning on making it a quest or anything.

Well here is my Jean Grey. I could of gone with the usual Amazon armor inspiration but I decided to go to a different avenue. So I got inspired by the White Phoenix of the Crown and decided to emulate that with the Queen of the Amazons, Hippolyta.

Jean-Amazon.jpg
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

I´ve finished this Bane/Drax...ish, it took me a long time, but I liked the idea a lot so I´ve exceeded myself a bit.
    Sadly I still don´t have a scanner, I´ll post a shitty quality image so I can pick another number (nº 59 please)
    once I can get a good picture I´ll post it again (and the Black Widow one too)
    CAM00973.jpg

P.D: I don´t know why, but I can´t turn the pic, even if in my computer I see it right
    Last edited by Shura; 07-15-2015 at 04:44 PM.

val.jpg

Image (14).jpg

So, that Valkyrie is your final version then, right? I can't have you doing two entries at once, that would be unfair to everyone else.

In case you're wondering, yes I am still working on Groot. At the moment I am on vacation, but I took time to work out a basic design. I brought the scanner with me, but can't get it working right just yet because Microsoft sucks.
    Actually, I have an idea what to do about that, and there's more to my feelings about Microsoft than the performance of my scanner in Windows 8, but I wasted the first 2 days of my vacation on these problems before deciding it has to wait until I return home in a few days. If I don't have more of Groot done by then, the work will get into high gear at that time. Say, no later than Wednesday.

Sorry about the wait, but family's getting married and I couldn't let that pass.
    No worries. I've been occupied with new house, work, and food poisoning recently.

Quote Originally Posted by your imaginary pal View Post
    I think I have my art situation figured. I'll try #4.
    You have selected Hank Pym.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Well here is my Jean Grey. I could of gone with the usual Amazon armor inspiration but I decided to go to a different avenue. So I got inspired by the White Phoenix of the Crown and decided to emulate that with the Queen of the Amazons, Hippolyta.

Jean-Amazon.jpg
    She's beautiful! I love the jewelry, and the white suits her perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by Shura View Post
    I´ve finished this Bane/Drax...ish, it took me a long time, but I liked the idea a lot so I´ve exceeded myself a bit.
    Sadly I still don´t have a scanner, I´ll post a shitty quality image so I can pick another number (nº 59 please)
    once I can get a good picture I´ll post it again (and the Black Widow one too)
    CAM00973.jpg

P.D: I don´t know why, but I can´t turn the pic, even if in my computer I see it right
    Drax Bane is perfection! You've done well with the pencil crayon so far, can't wait to see the scanned version!

Your next pick will be Sunspot.

Starting Over your imaginary pal's Avatar

Ungowa Soul Power - My Soundcloud - My Portfolio
    Live long and perspire ~ Mr. Smock