Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Krakoa is for lovers Blackphoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thetrellan View Post
    Normally I don't. I don't know why I did this time, and I was pretty surprised that it was taken so well.

People can take constructive criticism as a personal attack. I know this, I understand why, but I also know people need encouragement. And criticism that is not designed to tear down, but to inform, is encouragement, even if it's not perceived that way. I wouldn't waste my time if I didn't see something, after all.

This time? I just had this weird feeling I should. Just something about the drawing struck a chord. I wasn't blown away, but I thought "this person should stick with it". Maybe I didn't get the message across, maybe I did a little.

Anyway, wasn't planning on making it a quest or anything.
    OK, I completely misunderstood what you were trying to say. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by your imaginary pal View Post
    Awesome take on Hank Pym! The drawing is well done, although I'm having a difficult time figuring out where the bat-aspect of the costume is. I want to say the chest logo and the different helmet shape, and if that's the case, you were very subtle.

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blackphoenix View Post
    OK, I completely misunderstood what you were trying to say. My bad.
    No sweat. As I suggested, I was expecting something like that. You were nice enough about it, and I appreciate that. Oops, there's that undeletable image bug again.

Hello, I am Groot. Moses, find a tablet and write this down.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by thetrellan; 07-17-2015 at 10:54 AM.

May I present Red Lantern Groot. I now wish I had built up to the darks more gradually, but I knew I wanted the symbol to contrast.

RL GROOT.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Shura View Post
    I´ve finished this Bane/Drax...ish, it took me a long time, but I liked the idea a lot so I´ve exceeded myself a bit.
    Sadly I still don´t have a scanner, I´ll post a shitty quality image so I can pick another number (nº 59 please)
    once I can get a good picture I´ll post it again (and the Black Widow one too)
    Attachment 24786

P.D: I don´t know why, but I can´t turn the pic, even if in my computer I see it right
    In picasa (and I imagine in other image viewing programs), you can rotate an image and save it that way, but when you call it up in photoshop you'll find that it's only a viewing mode. However, if you use photoshop or some other image editing software the rotate command will stick. Paint has a rotate function you can access from the Home bar. Begin at the Start menu: Start>Programs>Accessories>Paint.

I'm sure Mac has an image editing program that comes with it too. Just make sure it's not only an image viewer, but image editor.

Nice anatomy and proportions, btw. Looks good, as does the fact that the clothes aren't simply skin tight. Having clothes "hang" properly is a good thing to know.
    Last edited by thetrellan; 07-17-2015 at 10:37 AM.

Starting Over your imaginary pal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justin K. View Post
    Awesome take on Hank Pym! The drawing is well done, although I'm having a difficult time figuring out where the bat-aspect of the costume is. I want to say the chest logo and the different helmet shape, and if that's the case, you were very subtle.
    Yeah, I went a little subtle. I considered a cape, but went with some robotic ant arms for scaling walls. I'll give it Another try. Working with an app on my phone, still getting used to it.
    Ungowa Soul Power - My Soundcloud - My Portfolio
    Live long and perspire ~ Mr. Smock

Quote Originally Posted by Justin K. View Post
    So, that Valkyrie is your final version then, right? I can't have you doing two entries at once, that would be unfair to everyone else.

yes, I understand. I got carried away.
    I remove my submission.

Quote Originally Posted by your imaginary pal View Post
    Yeah, I went a little subtle. I considered a cape, but went with some robotic ant arms for scaling walls. I'll give it Another try. Working with an app on my phone, still getting used to it.
    No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    yes, I understand. I got carried away.
    I remove my submission.
    So, are you still working on Valkyrie?

May I present Red Lantern Groot. I now wish I had built up to the darks more gradually, but I knew I wanted the symbol to contrast.

RL GROOT.jpg
    I love the colors you used with Groot. He feels very autumn. It's a good contrast.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

#48 The Wonders - Amazon Nova (Ama'Nova)

As is typically the case, I followed my bliss and came up with a slightly different version than my first draft sketches. Less Big Barda, more Greek Demigoddess. If you look closely enough, you'll see subtle hints of her favorite cartoon character, Marvin the Martian, in her costume.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I think I have time to do one more before I head over to REB's jam. If #19 is still available, I'll take the Falcon, please.

In picasa (and I imagine in other image viewing programs), you can rotate an image and save it that way, but when you call it up in photoshop you'll find that it's only a viewing mode. However, if you use photoshop or some other image editing software the rotate command will stick. Paint has a rotate function you can access from the Home bar. Begin at the Start menu: Start>Programs>Accessories>Paint.

I'm sure Mac has an image editing program that comes with it too. Just make sure it's not only an image viewer, but image editor.

Nice anatomy and proportions, btw. Looks good, as does the fact that the clothes aren't simply skin tight. Having clothes "hang" properly is a good thing to know.
    I´ve tried with a few programs and in my computer I can see the image in the right position but when I upload it, it ends in horizontal position in the post, anyway thanks for the help, I´ll try again with the scanned pics

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post

As is typically the case, I followed my bliss and came up with a slightly different version than my first draft sketches. Less Big Barda, more Greek Demigoddess. If you look closely enough, you'll see subtle hints of her favorite cartoon character, Marvin the Martian, in her costume.
    You always seem to outdo yourself every time, because this is your best piece here. I love the coloring and effects and the armor is well designed.

I think I have time to do one more before I head over to REB's jam. If #19 is still available, I'll take the Falcon, please.
    He is yours.

I like this one. Nice dynamic pose, good design. Great helmet.

Red Lantern Red Skull-big shocker there
    rd by happyman58, on Flickr