Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Who else has hated what Kitty's become?

I'm still so disgusted by what Bendis and Humphries have done to her. They have almost ruined one of the best characters in the marvel universe in 616 Shadowcat. Making her a GOTG and having her leave the X-Men is so disgusting. She's an X-Men and them making her a Guardian is BS. This Kitty Is unrecognizeable and let's hope they call her on her crap in Uncanny 600 but I doubt it.

I'm done biting my tongue because of the vocal minority who think what she's doing now makes sense. I wonder how long some of these people who go gaga over her storyline right now have even been fans of Kitty.

I'm just ticked off. Claremont needs to take over! Humphries needs to follow Bendis out the door.

Fantastic Member Ultimate Spider-Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    . She's an X-Men...
    image.jpg

Not always...

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Spider-Fan View Post
    image.jpg

Not always...
    THIS. Let's not pretend that Kitty's lifelong dream was to rot in Westchester.

BANNED

I think you're really just upset that she's getting married to someone who isn't Nightcrawler.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I'm just ticked off. Claremont needs to take over! Humphries needs to follow Bendis out the door.
    I'm all for that. I said, in another thread, that KP is the only X-Man who annoys me more than Storm...

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Spider-Fan View Post
    Not always...
    I think Slick meant that Kitty's an X-Men forever at heart, not necessarily as part of the team (although this should be the logical choice).

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I think you're really just upset that she's getting married to someone who isn't Nightcrawler.
    She's getting married? Who to? I didn't know this and still I don't recognize Shadowcat in current Ms. Pryde, either --I can't understand how such a rich character (CC's masterpiece, IMHO) could have been so spoiled and hollowed out.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    She's getting married? Who to? I didn't know this and still I don't recognize Shadowcat in current Ms. Pryde, either --I can't understand how such a rich character (CC's masterpiece, IMHO) could have been so spoiled and hollowed out.
    Star-Lord. It was the proposal that made her stay up there full-time. Before that, it was just the occasional date. And it's only been like two issues with her as a member...

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Kitty bailed on Utopia, she was a melodramatic, whiny, selfish douchebag about it and then she started dating the first man who paid attention to her.

Suuuuure, Bendis and Humphries somehow reinvented the wheel.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

If by "become" you mean this cosmic entity, then yes. But are you surprised? Bendis is known for taking his toys and playing with them in his little sand box. He's basically in charge of the whole X-Men line, and redebuted the Guardians post movie. Its only natural Bendis practice that he want them in this combined cosmic opera... No matter how ridiculous it is. But it also allows Marvel to tell X-Men stories and introduce characters that Fox cannot use due to them being mingled with their exclusively owned properties.

But to be honest I didn't like Kitty's prior post as headmaster, for the main reason that I can't stand that the X-Men are teachers at a friggin school. I was hoping years ago after m-day it would end. But it continued... Getting back on subject, the X-Men are already compromised buy it seems pet characters are being allowed to escape the sinking ship (Cyclops, Rogue, Wolverine when he returns for sure, and now Kitty). Its sad, but I don't I'll have much keeping me reading the X-Men after this event is done. None of favorite characters are X-Men anymore, and the ones that are lost to limbo.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Kitty bailed on Utopia, she was a melodramatic, whiny, selfish douchebag about it and then she started dating the first man who paid attention to her.

Suuuuure, Bendis and Humphries somehow reinvented the wheel.

Where's Wade when you need him?

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    If by "become" you mean this cosmic entity, then yes. But are you surprised? Bendis is known for taking his toys and playing with them in his little sand box. He's basically in charge of the whole X-Men line, and redebuted the Guardians post movie. Its only natural Bendis practice that he want them in this combined cosmic opera... No matter how ridiculous it is. But it also allows Marvel to tell X-Men stories and introduce characters that Fox cannot use due to them being mingled with their exclusively owned properties.

But to be honest I didn't like Kitty's prior post as headmaster, for the main reason that I can't stand that the X-Men are teachers at a friggin school. I was hoping years ago after m-day it would end. But it continued... Getting back on subject, the X-Men are already compromised buy it seems pet characters are being allowed to escape the sinking ship (Cyclops, Rogue, Wolverine when he returns for sure, and now Kitty). Its sad, but I don't I'll have much keeping me reading the X-Men after this event is done. None of favorite characters are X-Men anymore, and the ones that are lost to limbo.
    Why do some have an issue with the X-Men being teachers? What else will they do at a school?

Never liked her, started hating her when she handed Illyana's soulsword over to Dr Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why do some have an issue with the X-Men being teachers? What else will they do at a school?
    I never liked the school concept. I liked it allot better when 'the school' was a cover for the Xmen.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Shadowcat used to be in my Top 10 X-Men, but I haven't actually enjoyed reading about the character since Warren Ellis was writing her way back when. With the exception of a few of short stories and guest spots, most writers just seem way too interested in regressing her character back to the teen sidekick role (and an oft-times whiny one at that). I don't think Bendis has been so bad in that respect, but Den Mother Pryde hasn't really done anything to rekindle my interest in the character either.