Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SidheKnight View Post
    I'm not the biggest nor oldest X-Men fan, so pardon if my question is inappropiate, but:

Was Kitty Pride always this bossy and nagging?

I've read the Black Vortex event (which I regret) and she's just an unsufferable, annoying and unlikeable character. Was she always like that, or only she started dating Han Solo.. I mean, Star-Lord?
    She's always been vocal, but the past few years have put these traits into overdrive.

Ultimate Member

I think that they've changed her over the last few years to make Scott look better by Kitty taking his side over Wolverine's, and taking the O5 with her.

Quote Originally Posted by MidTierHero View Post
    but that doesn't change the fact that Bendis is writing her poorly or that the marriage to Quill feels forced as hell.
    These are not facts, they are just your opinions. There are a lot of people who think different and could refute those claims.

Also, I don't know how Marvel marketed Excalibur at the time, but from what I've seen in the book, it's pretty clear that Claremont wanted Excalibur to be its own thing separated from the X-Men. The team was formed as a way to honor the hero side of the X-Men, not the mutant themes. During his run, the book was more close to be an extension of Captain Britain than of the X-Men and that was great. It wasn't until Alan Davis left, that the team became the "European X-Men" and experienced a massive drop in quality because of that. Ellis tried to save it but his run was short and it was clear editorial was demanding more X-Men stuff be inserted (which gave us ridiculous scenes like Pete Wisdom training in a danger room knock-off).

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Kitty bailed on Utopia, she was a melodramatic, whiny, selfish douchebag about it and then she started dating the first man who paid attention to her.

Suuuuure, Bendis and Humphries somehow reinvented the wheel.
    Not big difference to any Kitty version I have seen until now!!!

Incredible Member

This is just my interpretation: I thought Kitty came off as desperate when she began hooking up with Star Lord, and the worst part is Sam Humphries was writing Star Lord as a parody from the "Guardians of the Galaxy" movie adaption. Let me reiterate that Star Lord was NEVER a womanizer and that he takes his job seriously.

BANNED

She's become Star-Lord. I hate it.

BANNED

Still the same.

Me!

I had a dream that Whedon took the X-Men back and Kitty, Scott, Rogue, Rachel, Bishop and Gambit were all in it. And then I woke up and I realized this will only happen in my head.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jdgs View Post
    Star-Lord didn't abandon Nova if that's what you're saying. Rich sacrificed himself to ensure Quill could go back to earth. Quill didn't like it and it was Rich's last wish to not tell Gamora anything.

Black Panther and Storm lasted at least six years. That's good enough for me.
    1. I don't believe Bendis words on Rich as he got the nerve to get the name wrong and also,they never notified his parents or never found the OTHER NOVA CORPS MEMBERS LEFT IN SPACE. Both Bendis and Duggan mistreated Rich's time as Nova.

2. It was barely a marriage since either of them spent time together. I mean aren't most marriage suppose to be spouses spending time together. Itwas a gimmick marriage to boost sales and you know it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by shootthej View Post
    She's become Star-Lord. I hate it.
    She can't be legitimately "Star Lord". She needs to receive the power of Star Lord from the "Master of the Sun". I am not making this up. It's from Steve Englehart's "Marvel Preview Starlord".
    Last edited by 244; 07-14-2015 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    She can't be legitimately "Star Lord". She needs to receive the power of Star Lord from the "Master of the Sun". I am not making this up. It's from Steve Englehart's "Marvel Preview Starlord".
    I don't like how she abandons the x men to become star lady. Just disgusting.

BANNED

Yes, people never move on with their life and make new friends or fall in love with new people. And with instant communication to Earth available (as seen when Rocket just handed Tony Stark a communicator just for that purpose some issues ago), it's of course impossible for her to contact her friends on Earth. Because she's just so mean, y'see. Boohoo.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I think it's more that she goes into space after what happened in Black Vortex. Her power upgrade would be useless on earth. So, I think it's actually a great development.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Kitty Pryde stinks and I halfway don't like her, but the fall approaches my friends. Bendis will leave Guardians and she'll simply disappear just like ol' Dani Moonstar.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rickbarry View Post
    Kitty Pryde stinks and I halfway don't like her, but the fall approaches my friends. Bendis will leave Guardians and she'll simply disappear just like ol' Dani Moonstar.
    Of course, because she hasn't been one of the main X-Men since the seventies. You are just so jelly that she has quadruple the personality your big metal rod ever had.