Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Batman Beyond, #1

At last, Batman Beyond gets his own ongoing series in THE definitive future of the DCU! But this isn't the Beyond you think you know! With the Justice League missing and without Bruce to guide him, this new Batman will need to explore this bizarre world on his own while fighting to raise humanity from an opponent that's already won.
    The heroes Batman knew have failed, the world he knew has been turned on its head, and every step he takes will lead him either toward finding home - or further down the road of disaster!

Full article here.

Niffleheim

Terry McGinnis is dead. It is Tim Drake.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Spectacular Member

I thought I'd be able to get over it being Tim, until I realized I read this in Terrys voice

That made my really excited for a second thinking somehow Terry would be in the book to somehow, but I guess that was just mistake.

I don't really care about the DCU version of Batman Beyond except to the extent that it prevents any more Batman Beyond comics set in the DCU Animated universe (Earth-12) from getting published. I really enjoyed both the Adam Beechen and Kyle Higgens runs on the book (and Christos Gage's Justice League Beyond was really good as well).

I wanted Terry McGinnis and got Tim Drake. That's like renting a Three Stooges movie and getting a Shemp.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Books looks interesting, but I'm not trying jurgens on a book again after how FE ended.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

You're not fooling me. I know it's Tim Drake under that mask and so I'm not interested. Hope people who are interested enjoy this though. Just because I'm sour grapes about the switch doesn't mean that I don't want others to be able to enjoy it if that's what they like.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 06-01-2015 at 09:13 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

That man is riding a Dalmation.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

I was exited then letdown. Just goes to show everyone associates Terry and the animated series with the very concept of Batman Beyond.

There is no point to this series. I don't even like the main DCU anymore, so why would I care about a faker in the future? #Pass

Incredible Member

So... Not actually Terry, then.

What the heck was supposed to be happening in the next-to-last panel on the last page of the preview? I'm guessing she was firing bullets helter-skelter while giving that little monologue? Although it's not like the art is really helping, at all ... I'm just piecing that together from the fact that she's still standing, BB is apparently still on the scene, and it doesn't look like she's firing at the device. If that's the kind of inadequate storytelling I would get from the art in this series, then I won't be getting this series.

And why is BB voicing the names Alfred and Bruce out loud? Even with Alfred being an AI and Bruce being out of the picture, it doesn't seem the best idea to be speaking those names aloud in the middle of the fight where villains could overhear them and start piecing together clues about the identity of BB, the source of his technology, etc.

Enh. I'll pass.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Title got my hopes up.

Wait, what about the title made people think it was Terry?

Edit: Oh, I see the banner. Wow. Didn't take the extra mile to do the fact checking, huh?

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

It should be the Futures End sequel.
    The only reason i'm fine with Tim in this role is because i've read FE.
    I understand very well the anger from who had not followed this book and now discover that Terry is dead and Tim is N52 Batman Beyond.