Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    iMan 42s

This is like a spider-man 2099 book but with Silk in the future instead of Miguel. Doesn't that undermine the point of Batman Beyond in using Tim? He was a future Batman who lacked some of the needed Bat skills and actually needed the suit in order to do a lot of the stuff he can. And added to that was the dynamic he had with his family and trying to build a life for himself as Batman while not having as much technical expertise or money. Terry is almost an average guy at the end of the day compared to most other heroes. I get that some of that is in Tim as well but Terry is Batman Beyond.
    As a continuation of Futures End this is fine but as Batman Beyond? No. This undermines the point.

I didn't follow Futures End because it was a bleak boring meh story to me that went far longer then what it should have. This should have Terry in the role, not Tim. Was Tim really more interesting to put in Neo Gotham then a guy that is actually from there?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Spectacular Member

Welp it's official. I am not buying this book. Terry was make or break for me, so have fun Dan Jurgens. Looks like I'm still only reading justice league.

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    I wanted Terry McGinnis and got Tim Drake. That's like renting a Three Stooges movie and getting a Shemp.
    Lol...ouch.

BANNED

dc is always so creative in finding new ways to disappoint people

Quote Originally Posted by dregj View Post
    dc is always so creative in finding new ways to disappoint people
    I think they really knocked it out of the park this time. Here, there're disappointing at least three different fanbases:

1) Batman Beyond fans who want to see Terry McGinnis in the DCU;
    2) Tim Drake fans who want to see the real Tim Drake get his own solo and carve out his own mythos; and
    3) Futures End fans who got burned by the ending essentially being an advertisement for this ongoing.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    I think they really knocked it out of the park this time. Here, there're disappointing at least three different fanbases:

1) Batman Beyond fans who want to see Terry McGinnis in the DCU;
    2) Tim Drake fans who want to see the real Tim Drake get his own solo and carve out his own mythos; and
    3) Futures End fans who got burned by the ending essentially being an advertisement for this ongoing.
    Yeah, they pretty much messed this one up big time.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Not enough people were reading Batman Beyond Unlimited and Universe to save those digital first books. Why follow the same formula if you can approximate the results.

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    Not enough people were reading Batman Beyond Unlimited and Universe to save those digital first books. Why follow the same formula if you can approximate the results.
    With how badly DC handled this I doubt this title is going to make them more money then either of the BBU titles did and they may actually end up with less profit since they potentially have disappointed three groups of fans they were aiming this toward. I wanted to see what Terry McGinnis would do in a Beyond-verse set in the comic book DCU. Does this title do that? Nope. I also wanted to see N52 Tim Drake in a solo because Teen Titans is just horrible IMHO and I think if the Bat writers handled him he might become a character I could like again. Does this book do that? Nope. What this book does have is a character from a series that I had no interest in taking up the mantle that should be Terry's but it isn't because DC brought Terry in to the comic DCu only to fridge him and that is set on a world that was shown in that same series that I didn't read. None of that appeals to me at all.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 06-01-2015 at 10:12 AM.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

It's also not a very good jump-in point for new readers. You have a Batman of the future, who's a former Robin. Not the current Tim Drake, but a Tim Drake from five years into the future, a future which has been destroyed. And he's now stuck in the future future.

It seems like they're trying to do what they did with Grayson, giving a former Robin a radical new direction, but the premise is overcomplicated, and he's not really breaking into any new ground, or developing his own mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    It's also not a very good jump-in point for new readers. You have a Batman of the future, who's a former Robin. Not the current Tim Drake, but a Tim Drake from five years into the future, a future which has been destroyed. And he's now stuck in the future future.

It seems like they're trying to do what they did with Grayson, giving a former Robin a radical new direction, but the premise is overcomplicated, and he's not really breaking into any new ground, or developing his own mythos.
    Yeah, it's needlessly overcomplicated and if they want to give Tim a different direction to go in like they took initially with Jason, later with Dick and soon with Damian then for it to really work it should be the original Tim Drake that does it not this other version of him. I might go easier on DC if they had done this with the younger Tim Drake instead.

All-New Member

I enjoyed the Future's End. This title follows up on specific events of Futures End (the death of Terry). Lets give the story a chance. I am not convinced that Terry is totally out of the picture. Brother Eye could've made him a borg like zombie. All of this is still in the future (5 yeaqrs for Future End and @ 40-50 for Batman beyond), so there is still a possibility to change!

Spectacular Member

Terry McGinnis was a great Batman Beyond.
    He was unceremoniously offed to fit a plotline which I dont understand:
    What was the point of sending firmly established bat-boy-sidekick Red Robin / Tim Drake into the future and then be the new Batman Beyond?

Always Rakzo

It's definitely a disappointment to not see Terry in the role but I'm going to try to see and judge the series for what it is: Tim as Batman Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    I wanted Terry McGinnis and got Tim Drake. That's like renting a Three Stooges movie and getting a Shemp.
    Shemp was awesome.

All-New Member

Sooo... This is Tim from 5 years in the future, which won't be happening because that future was changed. So, then this Tim will never come to be. And Terry, who came back to change everything died in the past, but the future he came from does not exist, so then, he should have never travelled to the past, so he should still be alive. And that would mean that Tim did not travel into Terry's future, cause that would not work, it wouldn't exist. But the destruction still exists and Terry was Batman and he did travel to the past to stop something that couldn't be stopped because it never happened, so then this Tim from 5 years in the future who will never come to exist is in the future that cannot exist but that still does exist because it is the "real" DCU future... is anyone as lost as me? Oh, and the heroes of today have failed. So then all of them are either dead, in an alternate dimension, trapped or this is just a really lackluster story that was not really thought out...

Always Rakzo

It's time travel, don't think too hard about it.