Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Black Widow, #19

TOO LATE FOR REDEMPTION?
    • At the end of all things, Black Widow finds herself unexpectedly connected to one of the darkest moments of her past.
    • See how the first lines of red in her ledger were written.
    • Will Natasha fall into darkness or rage against the dying of the light?

Full article here.

Incredible Member

I hope this run gets the hardcover treatment like Fraction's Hawkeye and Aaron's Thor

I'm gonna miss this book.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

Kudos to Phil Noto on pencilling the entire run without a single fill-in artist. Punisher is a sad and inconsistent visual mess compared to this.

Still my favorite book of the past two years. And Noto's art has been incredible. Gonna be sad to see (presumably) this book/team go. Anxious to see what's in store for Natasha post Secret Wars.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by junir View Post
    Kudos to Phil Noto on pencilling the entire run without a single fill-in artist. Punisher is a sad and inconsistent visual mess compared to this.
    Seconded.

The story was okay in itself. But maybe a little too low key for comic book medium - and cancellation might indicate this too. It seems like it'd make a decent soundtracked TV-movie presuming the conclusion only gets better. Even in novelization form, instead, there would be less inferrence which is not always good in comics as a crutch. Learning BW's (retconned?) first mission should be a interesting story pitch guaranteed. The fact that the series sell -and solicit- is that Nat has her Ledger practically guarantees that Marina will be her (first?) assassination, eh? That's a compelling tease. Who knows, maybe even Ivan witll show up to spice things up. One can hope. Does anyone know when her '1st mission' with her sidekick Ivan was in backissue?

If Secret Wars completely changes all of the MU heroes histories then I retract this praise and this was all a waste of time to invest so much energy into delving more into her past. And the Last Days before the Incursion for Natasha (and associates) would and should have gotten A LOT more in-title coverage than the generic one-page prologue crossover which actually tainted my enthusiasm to get more into the story. Here's hoping next issue crossover clarification only gets better.

desperate.jpg