Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Well I know I'm ready LIKE SPONGEBOB. Bring on the DC YOU!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    But DC = bad because I read a Scott Lobdell comic that one time, and now I know that all of New 52 is bad!
    I doubt he thinks all New 52 is bad, he's just sick of these fake "DC appealing to everyone" things when clearly they aren't. With the mess of the Convergence ending just being another final slap. It's just grown tiresome. Cut him some slack, I'm sure one dude not agreeing with what you like wasn't the worst thing to happen today. All will be well.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post
    Is it just me, or is the superhero comics community more than any other filled with bitter and pessimistic people?

Sure, the ads have some hilariously out of touch language, but it's overall a positive. I am stoked for some of these new arcs.
    Well there were Cavaliers fans when LeBron left.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master X View Post
    I doubt he thinks all New 52 is bad, he's just sick of these fake "DC appealing to everyone" things when clearly they aren't. With the mess of the Convergence ending just being another final slap. It's just grown tiresome. Cut him some slack, I'm sure one dude not agreeing with what you like wasn't the worst thing to happen today. All will be well.
    Well, if that's the specific complaint, don't you think people should keep the nature of advertising and marketing in mind? Those are generally full of exaggerated messages about how many and how much people are going to like something or how badly they are going to want it. Red Bull, does not, in fact, literally give you wings.

WHEN THE TIME COMES, maybe replace Didio and Lee with people under 40 years old. Call me an ageist, but DC has felt out of touch since around the time the shine was wearing off nu52. Those of us who have been buying these comics week in and out for a decade plus have EVERY right to complain... go ahead and block us lol... all i really, really care about is reading good comix. DC will most likely always have a couple of titles that i'll be interested in reading, so shit man... bring on DCYou!
    Last edited by AUScowboy; 06-02-2015 at 07:32 AM.

Constant course changes, abrupt personnel departures, quick cancellations, reboots, etc, etc...

Something else I just noticed...
    The New52 titles are no longer segregated from the pre-Flashpoint titles in Comixology.

Since 2011, everything from pre-Flashpoint and non-New52 titles like Batman '66 have been kept under "DC Universe" and all the New52 books were found under "DC - New52".

It appears that everything is now under "DC Universe".
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Well, if that's the specific complaint, don't you think people should keep the nature of advertising and marketing in mind? Those are generally full of exaggerated messages about how many and how much people are going to like something or how badly they are going to want it. Red Bull, does not, in fact, literally give you wings.
    Well unless you're Daniel Riccarido & Danii Kvyat...

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post
    Is it just me, or is the superhero comics community more than any other filled with bitter and pessimistic people?

Sure, the ads have some hilariously out of touch language, but it's overall a positive. I am stoked for some of these new arcs.
    Most communities composed of ardent fans are like this. Their love of the product paradoxically causes them to complain more because they love it so much and want to to be as good as it can.

Quote Originally Posted by AUScowboy View Post
    WHEN THE TIME COMES, maybe replace Didio and Lee with people under 40 years old. Call me an ageist, but DC has felt out of touch since around the time the shine was wearing off nu52. Those of us who have been buying these comics week in and out for a decade plus have EVERY right to complain... go ahead and block us lol... all i really, really care about is reading good comix. DC will most likely always have a couple of titles that i'll be interested in reading, so shit man... bring on DCYou!
    The companies have always been run by older guys. Most industries are.
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 06-02-2015 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by See No Evil View Post
    Enter the user profile and click on the "Add to Ignore List" link.
    Thank you for this. It is beyond annoying at this point. On topic, I like the effort and tone of the videos. Great way to get people pumped up for the new/returning books.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

BANNED

As a current reader, it does nothing for me. Possibly because I've seen the PR trick pony before, and it's always been a letdown.

Reading interviews and preview pages, much better way to get interested.

Still... there's a lot to say for them doing it.

I remember when Archie did the "What does the Fox say?" ad when they launched the first mini.
    It showed a level of excitement from the publishers themselves that made readers take notice.

I think these are good because they show a bit of pride in their universe that they've been criticised for not having as of late.

I mean, remember when the creators of Static made their own promo video in 2011 to promote it?
    At least DC is doing more to highlight the non-traditional titles coming out this month.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Most communities composed of ardent fans are like this. Their love of the product paradoxically causes them to complain more because they love it so much and want to to be as good as it can.
    The Comic book community definitely stands out when it comes to this, I prefer to listen a PS vs Xbox argument(because its often hilarious) that listen to comic book fans complain.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Still... there's a lot to say for them doing it.

I remember when Archie did the "What does the Fox say?" ad when they launched the first mini.
    It showed a level of excitement from the publishers themselves that made readers take notice.

I think these are good because they show a bit of pride in their universe that they've been criticised for not having as of late.

I mean, remember when the creators of Static made their own promo video in 2011 to promote it?

At least DC is doing more to highlight the non-traditional titles coming out this month.
    Lets not insult the creators of Static. None of them had anything to do with that comic.

The artist (Scott McDaniel)-who took over the book did that. It's about the only thing he did right.

Yes Dc deserves some praise for doing what they should have tried in 2011.

Now that does not excuse them from criticism.

Was John Stewart's book even mentioned in those previews? If not why not? And who else got left out? You wonder why fans don't trust you. If this is "DC for You" you can't CHERRY PICK who you want to promote.

Not everybody who rips DC is anti DC.

Folks are legitimately tired of being disappointed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Folks are legitimately tired of being disappointed.
    So at what point does it stop being about DC and start being about unreasonable expectations?