Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Hopeless' "House of M" Examines Intrigues of Magneto's Battleworld Monarchy

Dennis Hopeless explains where his story diverges from the original, his large cast of characters and Cullen Bunn joining the series as co-writer.

Full article here.

OMG! Deathlocket! Yes!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I really hope to see a lot of Red Guard. They were the best of HoM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Replacement art looks good. The two panels showing the O5 X-Men meeting the classic Brotherhood, then both sides together against...the Reavers?...is exactly the sort of funhouse-mirror imagery I want from this premise.

Plus House of M is tied with Secret Invasion on the very short list of Bendis-spawned events I actually enjoyed, so yeah, still pretty psyched for a return outing.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I laughed when it was said that cullen bunn knows magneto more then any other writer. I disagree. That said he is a pretty decent guy on the solo
    X-Men Forever

Extraordinary Member

This is not a pre-judgment on the series, just an observation that Marvel is much better at avoiding negative publicity than DC is. If a DC book lost the announced artist and brought in another writer, we'd hear lots of grumbling from inside and outside about how bad DC is. When Marvel changes a creative team - like on Inhumans - they do it without a lot of dirty laundry being aired in public.

The interview said that Wanda is a mother. Here's to hoping for more Tommy shepherd (Speed)
    I'm freaking QUICKSILVER!!! And you can eat my freaking dust!
    I am faster than I was when I was last on the Avengers roster -- MUCH FASTER!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I enjoyed House of M too so I'm looking forwards to this one. Suspect we won't have Hank Pym and Spider Woman turn out to be Skrulls again though.

Also nice to still have a reality and domain where Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are still (technically) Magneto's children.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rosemaximoff View Post
    The interview said that Wanda is a mother. Here's to hoping for more Tommy shepherd (Speed)
    They'll probably still be kids as they were in House of M though if they do.

Very glad to hear there won't be much connections to the main stuff event.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    They'll probably still be kids as they were in House of M though if they do.
    I don't care. They have pretty much ignored Tommy since at least Children's Crusade.
    I'm freaking QUICKSILVER!!! And you can eat my freaking dust!
    I am faster than I was when I was last on the Avengers roster -- MUCH FASTER!

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I enjoyed House of M too so I'm looking forwards to this one. Suspect we won't have Hank Pym and Spider Woman turn out to be Skrulls again though.

Also nice to still have a reality and domain where Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are still (technically) Magneto's children.
    Let's just hope that Marvel doesn't get any ideas on plot twists with the royal family here.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Let's just hope that Marvel doesn't get any ideas on plot twists with the royal family here.
    Kinda weird that no overt questions about the parentage of Quicksilver & scarlet witch in this reality. Marvel made a big to-do about them not being mutants anymore, much less Magneto's kids, this year. The whole Houseof M stuff was built on that now debunked family structure (still think that's a stupid change that loses more narrative options than it opens up).

Hellion was a junior Red Guard...here's for a cameo
    Last edited by The Big G; 06-01-2015 at 07:00 PM.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I hope Wiccan and Speed are in this as teenagers even if it is in a small role. I'd love to see Wiccan embracing being the grandson of Magneto.