Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    That's a horrible comparison considering I live in a city with millions of inhabitants and am not the head of my local government. But even still I'm pretty aware when the leadership of my city and country are gearing up for open warfare. The point here is that Dessa and the other Amazon counsel women had ample time and warning to see where this was heading. Derinoe and Donna had all but openly stated to them that they wanted to exterminate the men. If an alderman in Chicago was seeing protests with open threats of violence they would be considered pretty stupid for not taking steps to prevent said violence. Not to say that doesn't happen, 'cause it does.

I have family in plenty of small towns (Themyscira isn't more than a few thousand inhabitants) and if a mob of 20-some inhabitants got their pitchforks out and decided to massacre the town next door people would notice pretty quick, especially if it started with the local "rabble rouser".

I don't think the Amazons have the level of governmental organization that we do. Odds are, Donna and Derinoe were able to pull aside those they knew would commit to their plan and have them keep it on the "hush hush" from the others that wouldn't. If they were planning such a thing, they were probably as quiet about it as possible and I believe the attack happened at night when most of the other Amazons were sleeping or getting ready to retire for the night.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Sure. However, all that goes out the window once you've each said openly that what you are about to do needs to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Also the alien race, diana is willing to let them go without paying for their crimes
    In that case Wondy acknowledges that it's at least partially her own fault, and also there's nothing really to be gained by punishing or trying to reform the aliens. They wanted to sustain their species the only way they thought they could, they've found that's needless, they get to leave and give up their captives and everything's over and done with.

And it'd be kind of funny if the Justice League tried to deal with something like that, and then the Green Lanterns find out and are horrified because it breaks galactic law somehow.

The writing and art has improved a bunch since the run started. But for me it all hinges on Donna right now. After that raid, she must be possessed or something for me to keep going. I just can't abide her being a killer of her own free will going forward.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    In that case Wondy acknowledges that it's at least partially her own fault, and also there's nothing really to be gained by punishing or trying to reform the aliens. They wanted to sustain their species the only way they thought they could, they've found that's needless, they get to leave and give up their captives and everything's over and done with.

And it'd be kind of funny if the Justice League tried to deal with something like that, and then the Green Lanterns find out and are horrified because it breaks galactic law somehow.
    It is not her fault. she wake them up, they killed all those people because they wanted it. they should first for they crimes, why give them the white flag and not to amazons? where is justice for these people that were murdered by aliens?