Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman Annual Preview

http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/exclusiv...zons-have-done

The back up, sure sounds interesting.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I really like what I'm seeing here with Wonder Woman trying to resolve the situation with the Bug-Queen without resorting to violence first. I also like that Dessa seems genuinely disappointed about the death of her brothers. The revelation that only 20 of the Amazons participated in the slaughter is a bit of a relief. Perhaps those same 20 are the only ones who participated in the raids over the years as well? I'm probably dreaming here but it would sure be nice if only 20 of the Amazons were sex-pirates/murderers.
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 06-01-2015 at 03:58 PM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

The story quality does appear to have gone up, here. Nice to see some of our complaints being addressed. Diana was definitely in charge and the rest of the League was following her lead. Now if they can just bring a satisfactory close to Diana's rage issues.

Not loving what Donna was saying, but I'm still hoping that mind control, possession, or temporary insanity will be used to absolve Donna. Then, the Finches need to give us a quick and meaningful redemption story for Donna.

If they can do that, my opinion of their run will improve dramatically.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

If Donna turns around and is showing signs of possession or something, that would make me happy.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Oh, and it does need to be said.

"We are warriors. Not murderers." *Sniff*

Oh, really Dessa? Really? I know a few thousand sailors who would have something to say about you and your crocodile tears.

And seriously, Dessa? You're not murderers? What do you call what you tried to do Zeke, again?
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 06-01-2015 at 04:13 PM.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Astonishing Member

Better. Definitely better.

I like Diana being helpful and negotiating peace, and I like that not all the Amazons participated in murdering the men. It was just a small number; I don't like the whole thing, but I guess I can live with it. Dessa's comments sound good, but I agree with Vanguard, that it comes off wonky given what she tried to do and the whole sex pirate thing (maybe that, too, was a small percentage of Amazons and not condoned by the queen? Too much to ask?).

Agreed about the improved storytelling, but I'm still not feeling the art.

I wonder what the "alien's" are planning, since it was teased in issue #37 that they're up to something. Maybe they have something to do with Donna's violent behavior.

What the **** are they doing with Donna Troy.

First Wally...now Donna....who's next?

I actually got a pretty loud laugh out of that they actually went with the "Stranded Alien Race" trope. Wow.

As for the rest, I'll just read it before deciding what to think.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOps View Post
    What the **** are they doing with Donna Troy.

First Wally...now Donna....who's next?
    Yeah. No one's really happy about it.

At least Donna may not have a choice in what she's doing. She may be mind controlled, possessed, whatever.

And from the look of the upcoming solicits, it looks like Donna will be starting down the path to redemption very soon. Fingers crossed.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I actually got a pretty loud laugh out of that they actually went with the "Stranded Alien Race" trope. Wow.

As for the rest, I'll just read it before deciding what to think.
    Got no problem with the stranded alien race trope, but it seems to be resolved way too quickly here unless there's a hidden still sinister aim that they have. For now its just like "Leave." "We can't leave." "Yes you can, we're modern now." "Oh. Okay."
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

I'm glad that only a small number of Amazons were involved in killing the guys; but I'm not happy that all of the guys are apparently dead. Seems like a waste. I'm still hoping there's some kind of out; maybe Heph used his tech to transport them away, leaving illusory dopplegangers behind for Donna's Amazons to "kill." (Not sure why he would have bothered with the illusion--maybe so Diana could see how dangerous how sisters really were to her brothers? OK, it's a huge longshot--but I gotta hope. )

I'm glad it's now established that the Amazons left the boys with Heph because they wanted them to be cared for. As for "not murderers"--I have to say, I don't think it would bother me too much if the "killings" the sailors were softly retconned into simple one-night stands.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 06-01-2015 at 08:04 PM.

Really liked this preview. I don't love everything Finch has done, but if she has Wonder Woman's voice down it will help a lot.

I'm glad the baby doll face is gone. Other than that, I've really enjoyed the change in regime. I can actually savor and read WONDER WOMAN now that she's no longer a mere prop in the Olympians' wretched train wrecks.

I really don't like his art anymore. Just isn't as good as it was on New Avengers Vol 1. Maybe its the inker.
    Richard Alexander