Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Right. If we went strictly on Marvel's misfires prior to the first X-Men film, they looked a lot worse than DC films have ever looked in my lifetime. Things change, however, so nobody should get cocky regarding their favorite sports... I mean, comic-book company.
    And you glad because of screwups like Hulk, Elektra, Fantastic Four 1 & 2, Ghost Rider, Man-Thing etc. that Marvel stopped licensing their things to other studios and made their own studio in 2007 to be in control of their properties and better than before eh? i mean, a shared universe was a pipedream to Marvel but they had the balls to do it. Although Fox is doing good on X-Men but i think Fantastic Four is better with Marvel than Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    The 2003 Hulk? not really, I mean the Norton Hulk is a loose sequel but at the same time a reboot.
    2003 Hulk in the same cannon as Marvel Cinematic Universe and TIH a "sequel"? LOL! Hulk 2003 NOT a Marvel film. It's NOT a Marvel Studios film. It's NOT a MCU film.

IT. DOES. NOT. EX. IST.

Hulk is a licensed studio film from Universal while TIH is from Marvel Studios. 2 different studios and made from 2 different origins and different everything. The origins are very different from each other as it showed in the beginning of TIH and Hulk 2003's origin is different. The Hulk in TIH does not grow more but remains same large size, Hulk grew to more sizes in 2003. Talbot died in 2003 Hulk while he is alive in TIH, Banner ended up in Colombia (not Brazil) in the end of 2003 while in TIH he is in Brazil. In Hulk 2003 he was just a person who experimented on himself while in TIH his origin was made as he was suppose to be done for a super soldier program. They belong in different universe. Id rather ignore the existence of Ang Lee's terrible and boring misfire.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    And you glad because of screwups like Hulk, Elektra, Fantastic Four 1 & 2, Ghost Rider, Man-Thing etc. that Marvel stopped licensing their things to other studios and made their own studio in 2007 to be in control of their properties and better than before eh? i mean, a shared universe was a pipedream to Marvel but they had the balls to do it. Although Fox is doing good on X-Men but i think Fantastic Four is better with Marvel than Fox.
    No disagreement from me, but they did finally achieve some success those 8 years prior to the formation of the MCU. Spider-Man 2, IMO, is about as good a superhero film you can name.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

No disagreement from me, but they did finally achieve some success those 8 years prior to the formation of the MCU. Spider-Man 2, IMO, is about as good a superhero film you can name.
    Spider-man 1 was also the best origin story for a hero (Of course before Batman Begins was a thing) and a great film too, infact I like it better than 2 tbh.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Spider-man 1 was also the best origin story for a hero (Of course before Batman Begins was a thing) and a great film too, infact I like it better than 2 tbh.
    I like #2 better, but the first one is indeed terrific, also. Heck, I even liked the last one, despite its problems.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Retired

Oh that Barry Allen, he's been racing around changing timelines for super-hero movies for years and we didn't even know it.

Mighty Member

X2, Spider-Man 2 and Daredevil (R-rated Director's Cut) and The Punisher were quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    and just for the record
    I actually thought that Constantine was pretty good, it was a terrible adaptation but I liked it and Man of Steel was just a pretentious piece of crap with excellent action scenes
    Superman is Jesus, I get the hidden message
    Ah yes. Besides AI Jor-El, that's another thing that makes it a remake of Superman the Movie. That whole "Superman as Jesus" thing goes back to the first Chris Reeve movie. "And that is why I have sent them you, my only son... They only need the light to show them the way..." "Superman Returns" took that aspect of the Reeve movies and played it to the hilt as did MoS.

I like #2 better, but the first one is indeed terrific, also. Heck, I even liked the last one, despite its problems.
    I also really liked Spider-Man, second series, though I liked the first series too not counting #3 of course. I am still in shock that the new Spider-Man 2 didn't do well. I genuinely just do not get it at all. It was dramatically one of the best things ever done in the Marvel movies. Then again, I liked "Hulk" (2003) and agreed with Roger Ebert's evaluation when he suspected that Ang Lee's thoughtful, thought-provoking movie may not catch on with audiences going to essentially see a popcorn slugfest.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post

2003 Hulk in the same cannon as Marvel Cinematic Universe and TIH a "sequel"? LOL! Hulk 2003 NOT a Marvel film. It's NOT a Marvel Studios film. It's NOT a MCU film.

IT. DOES. NOT. EX. IST.

Hulk is a licensed studio film from Universal while TIH is from Marvel Studios. 2 different studios and made from 2 different origins and different everything. The origins are very different from each other as it showed in the beginning of TIH and Hulk 2003's origin is different. The Hulk in TIH does not grow more but remains same large size, Hulk grew to more sizes in 2003. Talbot died in 2003 Hulk while he is alive in TIH, Banner ended up in Colombia (not Brazil) in the end of 2003 while in TIH he is in Brazil. In Hulk 2003 he was just a person who experimented on himself while in TIH his origin was made as he was suppose to be done for a super soldier program. They belong in different universe. Id rather ignore the existence of Ang Lee's terrible and boring misfire.
    on't agree on "Hulk" BUT you forgot the most sorry, pathetic, sad Marvel movie ever: the 1990 (or thereabouts) Captain America movie, a movie so horrible we were cheering for the Red Skull because he was the sympathetic character and Cap was a jerk. This was a movie in which, as a boy, the Skull saw his parents murdered and then was forced into the experiments that eventually made him the Red Skull. Then he grows up and eventually has a daughter that he genuinely loves. Meanwhile, Captain America experiences nothing to make him this sympathetic.

Now, it just so happens that, when the Skull's parents were murdered, they were playing one of those new-fangled phonographs where you could make your own recordings so the sounds of their screams as they were murdered were recorded. That phonograph was later transferred to a cassette tape and Captain America got his hands on it. During their big final fight, which the Skull is winning despite being around 70 years old while Cap is still effectively in his twenties because the Skull has actual skills and Cap just has the Super Soldier Serum, Cap whips out the tape recorder that he is for some reason carrying around and starts playing the tape of the Skull's parents being murdered. This so traumatizes the Skull that Cap is able to kick him over a cliff and kill him.

By the time this sorry movie was over, you absolutely hated Captain America's guts. Worst- movie- ever. Not just worse Marvel movie but possibly worst movie period.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kanon the Sea Dragon View Post
    And im sick of people usin "grim and gritty" without any content. Looks like anything that its more serious tthan a saturday morning cartoon and has the DC logo is too "grim and gritty"
    Don't assume. And a good chunk of people ARE sick of grim and gritty. My Batman is the Timm Batman and its next step up Morrison counterpart. It's dark...but it's the world. Batman is dark but has this light, hope, a humor...I can't explain. This "god I'm dark and grim, I'm going to go get off on punching and breaking bad guys bones now, while every part of my life and outlook is a depressing hell even Saint Walker would suicide himself over" Batman is very disturbing. Did I enjoy the Batman movies? Sure. Batman quit for years after barely doing anything, came back for one last mission, the retired. Does THAT sound like Batman...to anyone?
    Last edited by Master X; 06-04-2015 at 07:21 PM.

I didn't like man of steal much at all. I don't like them race changing floyd lawton just so they could cast will smith especially considering there are two black members of the squad he could have played. Manta and the Bronze Tiger. And before you say he would have had to wear a helmet most of the time for Manta, how many times have we seen cap or iron man with out their masks. I don't like this apparent mandate that if the cinematic universe wants to use characters then they can't be used in the tv verse. Most notably floyd lawton but also harley quinn and possibly amanda waller.