Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Suicide Squad looks better than the Justice League.

To the people who are afraid of what Snyder might do, GOYER IS GONE except for the story outline. Chris Terrio rewrote the script. That is why I have FULL confidence and he's writing Justice League. Zach is good at visuals you just need a great writer and it's smooth sailing. Look at Watchmen and 300.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wandacrystal22 View Post
    To the people who are afraid of what Snyder might do, GOYER IS GONE except for the story outline. Chris Terrio rewrote the script. That is why I have FULL confidence and he's writing Justice League. Zach is good at visuals you just need a great writer and it's smooth sailing. Look at Watchmen and 300.
    His Dawn of the Dead remake was also very good, and that was an ensemble piece. If he has a good script writer, and I'm sure Affleck is offering some input, we should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Some of it is the worship of the Marvel brand and the dick measuring contest that follows. As if every Marvel film is a piece of cinematic brilliance to rival the Godfather. Mad Max: Fury Road made AoU feel like a fluff filled waste of time in comparison, so its not like the DCCU has to aim high to surpass the MCU in actual quality when their only film so far is as good or better than half of Marvel's output. And the Marvel fans be envious that Ben Affleck looks way cooler in his costume than any of the MCU heroes do in theirs

The rest of it is a narrow view of how these characters can be interpreted. Superman can never be in a serious, somber story EVER. Actions can never have actual consequences. Wonder Woman's bewbs and muscles aren't big enough, the Joker's tattoos are frightening and confusing, a movie starring a bunch of murdering psychos must be fun entertainment for the whole family full of quips or else it is an abomination, etc. I favor certain interpretations over others, but you need to be open minded because these characters can't survive unless they experiment. I support criticizing the final product, but saying the sky is falling after some character photos and some blurry cell phone camera footage is beyond ridiculous. As is predicting the entire tone and plot of a movie after one teaser trailer.
    Mad Max kicked AOU's ASS across the floor! The only thing great about it is Lizzie Olsen. Still I'm excited about Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    His Dawn of the Dead remake was also very good, and that was an ensemble piece. If he has a good script writer, and I'm sure Affleck is offering some input, we should be fine.

Fun Fact: James Gunn (GOTG) wrote that script.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Oh wow, I did not know that. I only saw the movie once, but I remember it enough to consider it really good for a Snyder film. Better than MoS (dialogue wise) and Sucker Punch (everything).

I did come away from AoU really liking Elizabeth Olsen, so there's that.

Extraordinary Member

I didn't like MOS. Not one bit. That said, I'm cautiously optimistic about BvS and Suicide Squad.

Spectacular Member

They're sick of dark and grim DCU, is probably what it is.

BANNED

I read some of your comments and im so glad that someone with a Marvel character avatar is bringin positivity to the DC boards. Thank you

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master X View Post
    And im sick of people usin "grim and gritty" without any content. Looks like anything that its more serious tthan a saturday morning cartoon and has the DC logo is too "grim and gritty"

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    Let's see we have Man of Steel and Green Lantern, hmmmm, I can't figure out why there is so much dislike for DC Cinematic Universe.
    oh please DCCU is hated because its DC, quality of the movies have nothing to do with it, DC is just the thing to hate on the internet.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Who is they and how do we know the audience won't see these movies in droves. Comic fans and general audience are two different things and I have not seen audience saying the DCCU is too dark. Based on revenue from the Dark Knight trilogy and MOS the GA doesn't seem to have a problem. The MCU is way to light. This is a nice contrast so far. Also I don't expect Dawn of Justice or JL to be dark. Maybe the villains and the situations like in MOS but the heroes will bring the light just like Superman did in MOS

Extraordinary Member

Yup.

10 characters

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    Who is they and how do we know the audience won't see these movies in droves. Comic fans and general audience are two different things and I have not seen audience saying the DCCU is too dark. Based on revenue from the Dark Knight trilogy and MOS the GA doesn't seem to have a problem. The MCU is way to light. This is a nice contrast so far. Also I don't expect Dawn of Justice or JL to be dark. Maybe the villains and the situations like in MOS but the heroes will bring the light just like Superman did in MOS
    Let's not compare them to Marvel, all right? What they're doing is their own thing and should just be left where it is. Let's just compare DC properties to past DC properties. IMHO, Bruce Timm and his team pretty much had the perfect approach to the DCU. It could be deadly serious at times, but it knew when to bring in the humor so it wouldn't be overwhelming. If TPTB had gone with a similar approach, I think there's be a lot less moaning about the whole thing.

If it makes people feel any better, I think the current crop of Marvel cartoons suck.

*shrugs*

BANNED

Like WHAT? Explain Please….
    Explain what? What I'm worried about? Why I'm split on MoS? Also I get the feeling that your freaking out over my comment, I'm actually being quite objective when it comes to these films.