Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

The Dark Knight won the tournament and it wasn't even close against the Avengers.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    oh please DCCU is hated because its DC, quality of the movies have nothing to do with it, DC is just the thing to hate on the internet.
    Yup. Everytime Cinemasins do a DC film whenever the DC logo they mark it has a 'sin'. Such an eyeroll

Oh btw Man of Steel should be renamed to Man of Awesome!!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Man of Steel was not a good movie and now DC is introducing TDKR version of Batman
    Its like the perfect storm of "do not want" for some people

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Is Suicide Squad even in the same continuity as BM vs SM?

Because an older Batman vs a younger Joker would be kinda odd.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    People are largely split on MoS. Very mixed reviews. I mean technically Superman Returns got better reviews.
    Since MoS did much better box office and is considered a success in that department, then maybe the critics are not in sync with the movie-going public.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Since MoS did much better box office and is considered a success in that department, then maybe the critics are not in sync with the movie-going public.
    Of course they're not. T4 was the highest grossing film of 2014!!! "Critics" simply don't have much, if any influence at all.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Of course they're not. T4 was the highest grossing film of 2014!!! "Critics" simply don't have much, if any influence at all.
    I don't want to sound like I'm bashing the critics, since there have been many times where I agreed with them over what the general public preferred. But when their main gripe with MoS is that it wasn't more like a film series that seems outdated now, then their judgment in that regard is suspect, IMO.

Ultimate Member

I'm looking forward to Suicide Squad, and I'm looking forward to Deadpool, and I'm looking forward to Ant-Man, and I'm looking forward to the next seasons of Gotham, the Flash and Arrow.

I don't see why there's an 'either/or' here. I like comic book superheroes. I'm not totally on-board with every single superhero movie, and I can name terrible movies from both companies, whether it's Steel or Ghost Rider 2, Catwoman or Elektra.

That said, my tastes are *hugely* different than the mainstream, since I thought Green Lantern was fun, and have rewatched it a few times, and kind of loathed the deadly dull Nolan Batman movies, which I can't imagine any reason to watch again, other than for Lucius Fox telling the accountant 'good luck with that' (plan to blackmail 'one of the richest men in the country likes to dress up like an animal and beat people up at night?'), which was the only part of six-hours-ish of Nolan Batflicks that brought a smile to my face and made me think that one of these characters might actually be a human person, deep underneath.

Like any sane fan of superheroes, I *want* Batman v. Superman to be awesome. And Avengers 3 to be awesome, too. I want them *all* to be awesome, even as yet unannounced movies developing Image or Dark Horse or Comico or whatever superheroes!

I want DC's movies to do so well that I have a chance in hell of seeing a Booster Gold or Vixen or Teen Titans or Legion of Super-Heroes or Justice Society or friggin' Global Guardians movie, in my lifetime.

And I want Marvel's movies to do so well that Phase 'Screw it, Just Put it All Up There!' includes an Alpha Flight movie and an Avengers Academy movie and a Thunderbolts movie!

I don't buy into this 'If you liked Avengers, you must hate the Justice League!' or 'If you like Batman, you must hate Wolverine!' nonsense. I'm not on Team ShirtlessWerewolf *or* Team SparklyVampire, and I'm not going to be manipulated by adversarial marketing and manufactured controversies into some sort of false dilemna where I have to choose Marvel *or* DC. (Or Cap vs. Tony, or Batman v. Superman. I'm a human, not a computer, I'm not limited to binary, and I'm not a fan of either of Bella's supernatural boytoys, so marketing stunts that demand I choose one of two options don't affect me.)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 06-02-2015 at 04:39 AM.

Retired

Why is it being called the DC Cinematic Universe--when DC Movie Universe would do the trick? Is someone trying to use up all their letters in a Scrabble game?

Only read TS's post, which was hilarious, and I disagree. I've said this a million time but it's so incredibly pathethic to 'hate' another publisher. If you don't like the stories or characters, fine, don't read them! Don't waste energy on flaming. I personally love both companies and their respective cinematic universes, but even if I did dislike the other (you can't really have a valid reason to hate the other imo, it's not like the company burned your cat or something), I let them be! You'd be amazed by how simple this solution is to your 'problem'.
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

The way I see it - they are definitely doing something right - to have passionate followers and haters

Oh - MOS reactions. It was definitely not split; especially not among the general audience. Most of them liked it, and that's why MOS made the money it did (and the reason why Blurays sold so well).

The critics simply didn't get it. Ah, it doesn't matter anyways. Their preconceived biases and notions/expectations about the film were clearly visible in their reviews (at least in many of them). That's their fault...for not trying to review the movie on its own merits.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Honestly what track record does DC have? Green Lantern? there's a successful Batman trilogy right before that.
    That is a legit complaint, if DC were the ones making the movie...but, no..WB are the ones making them.

And WB has a great track record when it comes to big franchises (although folks seem to forget that for some reason).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Many more established critics are also from an older generation. After reading some reviews it sounded as if some couldn't let go of the Christopher Reeves' version.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    The way I see it - they are definitely doing something right - to have passionate followers and haters

Oh - MOS reactions. It was definitely not split; especially not among the general audience. Most of them liked it, and that's why MOS made the money it did (and the reason why Blurays sold so well).

The critics simply didn't get it. Ah, it doesn't matter anyways. Their preconceived biases and notions/expectations about the film were clearly visible in their reviews (at least in many of them). That's their fault...for not trying to review the movie on its own merits.
    I liked MOS but it suffered from Goyer trying to imitate the narrative style in Batman Begins. It worked well in BB but in MOS it seemed choppy and didn't work nearly as well. The numerous flashbacks likely won't be used anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    Many more established critics are also from an older generation. After reading some reviews it sounded as if some couldn't let go of the Christopher Reeves' version.
    Oh, that was definitely the reason, no doubt.