View Poll Results: Should Batman and Wonder Woman get together?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 28.42%
  • No

68 71.58%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    This has happened exactly ONE time in 75 years. It makes less than zero sense to characterize Diana dating ONE superhero, EVER, as her being "consistently reduced to arm candy for males on the team." Superman and Batman have had far, FAR more partners, ones that dress up to play hero/villain and otherwise. This is classic "slut-shaming."

Also, why presume WW would be overshadowed by Batman? It is precisely her strength, the fact that they are both alpha, and the obvious culture clash that would provide for interesting storytelling here.

Besides, guess what? Every one of those comics you do like? They are all "imaginary stories." They are all "What If's" and they are all "Elseworlds."
    that is what gets me, why superheroines can't date more than one hero?

kitty pride is doing fine, storm, captain marvel. WW will probably do fine

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    that is what gets me, why superheroines can't date more than one hero?

kitty pride is doing fine, storm, captain marvel. WW will probably do fine
    Renee Montoya tends to do it and let's just say that it doesn't make her very good relationship material.

She's pretty much the female version of Oliver Queen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    To all those that say how poorly the relationship would fare, I say good. Conflict is the essence of good storytelling. I'm not interested in finding the most suitable mate for an imaginary character so that he or she can be happy. It's the problems inherent in a relationship like this that makes it interesting to me. It's crazy, it's "wrong," it would never work out... These are all reason to tell the story to me, not reasons not to tell it. If anything the SM/WW romance has been boring because it makes so much sense and they are so well-matched. An Aquaman/WW romance would make similar sense. It's the unlikelihood it would work out that makes this idea interesting to me. It's a feature, not a bug.
    this kind of relationship is better for story telling, there is chemistry and clash of ideas. they can be theirselves without one of the character being written OOC.

I don't think batman would overshadow diana in a romance more than he usually overshadow her and everyone else. A relationship could be a nice way to show WW being better than batman at some aspects like compassion. that could work with the right writer

Nah, they don't fit in a couple at all. I'd rather work on making the Batverse even greater than forcing him to have to deal with the DCU outside of the JL books

If Bruce needs a love interest, make a new character. Hell, Talia apparently has memory problems now. Nice time to resurrect that dynamic

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    I'm sorry but your reasoning skills are really poor that's really what you take away from it? its because neither fits in anywhere, even on the Justice League the closest one to them would be Arthur and he's half human, essentially both are aliens compared to the humans, thus the bond they share because they're different.
    WW fits very well, damn on azzarello she went to rock shows and didn't had problems to fit in. Clark fit in just fine, but he was afraid of starting something with lois. it's very contrived and dumb reason

We also have to factor in the undeniable fact of the matter that Bruce is attracted to women whom are a little unhinged in their own way, just like he is. Aside from finding her beautiful, which everyone does, its out of character for him to have any strong romantic feelings for her. There's a reason he's into Selina and Talia. They're a little messed up (or a lot depending on the story).
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    We also have to factor in the undeniable fact of the matter that Bruce is attracted to women whom are a little unhinged in their own way, just like he is. Aside from finding her beautiful, which everyone does, its out of character for him to have any strong romantic feelings for her. There's a reason he's into Selina and Talia. They're a little messed up (or a lot depending on the story).
    LOL this one was good. Bruce fell in love with his body guard Sasha Bordeaux, so it is not out of character he fall in love for a hero. He also had a fling with young Zatanna. he can be atracted to good girls, sure his romances with bad girls get more spotlight because of the impossible nature of the relationship

In love? I know she was in love with him, and I know that after quite some time he developed enough feelings to share one kiss with her. And that was essentially it. Yeah, he sure was portrayed as fall down in love alright.

Zatanna is the only real exception, I'll grant that. There's been substance given to that potential relationship. But by and large Bruce falls for the bad girl.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-02-2015 at 06:59 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

No.

Nope.

Nyet.

Nein.

Nunca.

Until Batman is forever stripped of his Batgod plot armor and constant paranoid desire to humiliate every other non-Bat superhero in the room, he shouldn't be allowed in any relationship with any superhero that is trying to get their own franchise off the ground.

At least this little poll's current result is a little encouraging. Hope DC never allows Bm/WW to come to officially pass (that said, Superman / Wonder Woman probably needs to amicably end in the next 2 years tops).

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    WW fits very well, damn on azzarello she went to rock shows and didn't had problems to fit in. Clark fit in just fine, but he was afraid of starting something with lois. it's very contrived and dumb reason
    wow she went rock show i'm pretty sure she and Clark can relate to human's struggle.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

I will admit though I'm still a bit concerned over the Batman connection to Wonder Woman established in Forever Evil. I think its unlikely its romantic and that there's a twist to it, but until its resolved its always in the back of my head of the possibility of something stupid. I think Darkseid War will finally reveal this though so hopefully it'll finally get out in the open and put to rest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    No.

Nope.

Nyet.

Nein.

Nunca.

Until Batman is forever stripped of his Batgod plot armor and constant paranoid desire to humiliate every other non-Bat superhero in the room, he shouldn't be allowed in any relationship with any superhero that is trying to get their own franchise off the ground.

At least this little poll's current result is a little encouraging. Hope DC never allows Bm/WW to come to officially pass (that said, Superman / Wonder Woman probably needs to amicably end in the next 2 years tops).
    so why batman can't and superman can date a hero trying to get their franchise off the ground?

seems very unfair to any batww shipper and doesn't make sense

Always Rakzo

Zatanna is the only real exception, I'll grant that. There's been substance given to that potential relationship. But by and large Bruce falls for the bad girl.
    I don't think their relationship would be really healthy because Zatanna is known for having low self-esteem and Bruce is Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Their relationship is already on its way to end based on rumours about Clark having a relationship with Lois once again (Plus, that SM/WW preview).

Nah, its not ending. That Convergence thing has to be taken with the tiniest grain of salt considering its overall unimportance as a story, and Tomasi's already tweeted that he's just setting up your usual relationship drama.

Always Rakzo

Nah, its not ending. That Convergence thing has to be taken with the tiniest grain of salt considering its overall unimportance as a story, and Tomasi's already tweeted that he's just setting up your usual relationship drama.
    Still, rumours about the end are already surfacing and they're most likely true.