View Poll Results: Should Batman and Wonder Woman get together?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 28.42%
  • No

68 71.58%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

I have a question for you Blacksun:

For a while, I have noticed that you very dislike the Clark-Diana relationship. That's fine as I don't really care for it one way or the other. But one of your criticisms is that it's a disservice to Wonder Woman to be a sidepiece to Superman and that she should have her own love interests.

Why do you support a relationship with Batman then? Batman is even more popular than Superman. Why don't you apply the same criticism to the relationship here?

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Batman is the best at promoting other characters
    His whole line is taking those obscure underutilized characters and giving them greater focus by putting them on a stage where more people are introduced to them. Not saying Wonder Woman needs that but she does need a bit more than being Superman's flotation device.
    Plus they are much more suited for each other since the entire drama in SM/WW is all about how Superman needs to teach her to be this or that or judge her because of etc
    Batman very rarely does this which is a strength since Superman can't be seen as morally compromised but not everyone seems to get that when it comes to them.
    Batman is the best at promoting itself the expense of other characters. Period

BANNED

Blacksun, this is your opinion about Lois/Bruce:

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    It will never work out, Sorry. lois on STAS considers batman a crazy guy, she was right. I also don't see her putting up with a guy that is so close up like her father is.
    No she can't and is not interested on it. Lois is low on patience for men like bruce and her father, they are control freaks
    If Lois doesn't need to deal with Bruce's shenanigans, why would Diana of all people have time to put up with his crap?

In his own title no less

Beating a gollum for Batman is a lot better than jobbing to Doomsday so Superman can save the day.

How about when she kicked Zod and Faora's ass by herself? Or when she proved the more sound mind in a crisis situation to devise the right plan to fight Magog and help citizens? Or when she later then beat the crap out of Magog? Or when she cleverly left her lasso with Superman so it could ease him of Circe's corruption?

Selective reading can be fun, but doesn't really serve in reasonable discourse, I'm afraid.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    In his own title no less

Beating a gollum for Batman is a lot better than jobbing to Doomsday so Superman can save the day.
    Again, you show your ignorance of the story. Superman didn't save the day in that scene. Doomsday couldn't manifest in the physical world for long, at that point. He was just sucked back into the Phantom Zone. Superman didn't stop him there.

And Diana wasn't the God of War during the Doomsday scuffle. She was, however, the next time she took on Doomsday, and she did much better.

Oh, and then there's the story where Diana DOMINATED Zod and Faora at the same time, while Superman got his ass kicked by them.

And if Diana and Bruce became an actual couple? Kiss scenes like that goodbye. Diana would be jobbing for his rogues while he stomps hers on a routine basis.

This is the same guy who pulled a magic spell out of his ass to defeat Circe, Diana's most powerful foe, in an event that was supposedly built around Diana.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I have a question for you Blacksun:

For a while, I have noticed that you very dislike the Clark-Diana relationship. That's fine as I don't really care for it one way or the other. But one of your criticisms is that it's a disservice to Wonder Woman to be a sidepiece to Superman and that she should have her own love interests.

Why do you support a relationship with Batman then? Batman is even more popular than Superman. Why don't you apply the same criticism to the relationship here?
    Because Batman is human, without powers. he is a guy that earned his skills and choose to use it for good. he is the closest to a steve trevor using a cape. His skills are very different from WW, while superman is basically the same. it is much better to spotlight WW and batman different skills.
    also the personalities are different, WW can be compassionate and hopeful, while batman is rude and darker.
    that still defies the male have to be stronger than female

I admit that is not the ideal buuut with smww happening I can't not want batww to happen do what...

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    Blacksun, this is your opinion about Lois/Bruce:

If Lois doesn't need to deal with Bruce's shenanigans, why would Diana of all people have time to put up with his crap?
    same for you, if lois can deal with Bruce BS, why can't Diana deal with it too?A

DC moved on from batman crap on other heroes, very hard see people going numb just because batman is there

That was pretty recent, wasn't it?

DC has had two Ages of Dominance: The Age of Superman (1938 - 1988, undisputed until 1986) and then The Age of Batman (1989 - present, still undisputed).

The difference? Superman's 50-year reign as DC's alpha of alphas was largely benevolent (Superdickery covers aside) to other non-fam superheroes, while Batman's 25+year reign as DC's top dog has been largely malevolent to other non-fam superheroes.

Consequently, lots of non-Batman fans dislike Batman b/c of how he treats their favorite heroes in order to justify his mere mortalness. Mortals MUST beat Gods, always.

Oh yeah, this was about Wonder Woman, wasn't it? Funny how just even talking about Superman and Batman winds up marginalizing her presence.

Wonder Woman should ultimately be with someone who is a clear beta character and won't ever outshine her. That ain't the World's Finest.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Because Batman is human, without powers.
    Sure. Powerless humans beat down Darkseid all the time.

that still defies the male have to be stronger than female
    Only Batman IS still stronger than Diana. His Win/Loss record is a hundred times bigger than hers.

He can't bench press as much as she can. He can just render her strength utterly worthless anytime he feels like it.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    How about when she kicked Zod and Faora's ass by herself? Or when she proved the more sound mind in a crisis situation to devise the right plan to fight Magog and help citizens? Or when she later then beat the crap out of Magog? Or when she cleverly left her lasso with Superman so it could ease him of Circe's corruption?

Selective reading can be fun, but doesn't really serve in reasonable discourse, I'm afraid.
    Add taking on SuperDoom multiple times and raising an entire army from the phantom zone to stop Brainiac.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

she didn't beat out of Magog, she had help from superman. And WW only beat Faora, while zod took out superman; superman shouldn't even use WW lasso, that was dumb and disrespectiful.

remember superman teaching WW how to fit in with human life, how to be compassionate and then she become a lois lane lite writing?

BANNED

"Wonder Woman and Superman are together only because they are strong."

Yeah, it's not like they had a deep rich relationship long before BM/WW ever became a thing...

War of the gods. Bats doesn't give a crap.

Well, it happened. This topic has turned into a BruceDiana vs ClarkDiana slugfest. And honestly, I don't like her with either of them. Superhero pairings work best under one of two situations: when they're cohabiting a team book together without their own solos (ie, Teen Titans, X-Men), or when their worlds are similar enough so that they can guest star in each other's books without being out of place (Arrow/Canary, Nightwing/Oracle, Black Widow/Winter Soldier). With the Superman/Wonder Woman relationship, Superman's solo books have ignored the relationship altogether, Superman/Wonder Woman was a Superman title with WW as a supporting character until Tomasi, and Wonder Woman's own solo feels like it wants to be a Justice League book instead.

Wonder Woman's solo went nearly three years being completely disconnected from the rest of the DCU. I think its an exaggeration to now say that her book feels like a Justice League book. They've guested for one arc. Big deal. I have my own problems with that run but guest stars are not it.

And Superman's solo books have not ignored the relationship altogether. They were the place it was in fact used most heavily until they got their own title. With their own title, it doesn't need to be the feature everywhere else. If its relevant to be referenced, okay. And it is. But to not be the focus everywhere is not to be ignored.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-02-2015 at 08:59 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Yeah, no history, no chemistry at all...