View Poll Results: Should Batman and Wonder Woman get together?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 28.42%
  • No

68 71.58%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

I haven't seen any rumors, to be honest. At least not from any source of reliability. A Lois and Clark relationship on Earth-0 is still a long ways away, the status of Clark with Diana aside. He'll be single or given new romantic interests before they go back to that. After a staunch status quo of writing them together monogamously for two decades, they're just not going to go there again not even four years removed from the new continuity. If Clark/Diana were to end anytime soon, of which I doubt, I'd put more stock in the to-be-debuting character of Lee to become his new interest.

Peter and M.J. fans are still waiting 7 years later. Lois and Clark fans have at least that long to wait too.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-02-2015 at 07:40 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    so why batman can't and superman can date a hero trying to get their franchise off the ground?

seems very unfair to any batww shipper and doesn't make sense

Well, Batman becomes an arrogant paranoid jerk who constantly has to one-up and humiliate other super-powered heroes to prove his worth as the mortal among gods.

And Superman does not.

Batman is fine within the confines of Gotham where the likes of Penguin and the Scarecrow can give him real trouble. But that's not how he is portrayed outside of Gotham.

Bottom line, in the end, I think it'll go back to what it's always been:

Lois & Clark

Selina & Bruce

Steve & Diana

I would like for Batman to stay in Gotham. We don't need him featured in every damn comic DC puts out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Well, Batman becomes an arrogant paranoid jerk who constantly has to one-up and humiliate other super-powered heroes to prove his worth as the mortal among gods.

And Superman does not.

Batman is fine within the confines of Gotham where the likes of Penguin and the Scarecrow can give him real trouble. But that's not how he is portrayed outside of Gotham.

Bottom line, in the end, I think it'll go back to what it's always been:

Lois & Clark

Selina & Bruce

Steve & Diana
    that is dark knight returns traces that still are on batman image, but I think the character evolved past that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Still, rumours about the end are already surfacing and they're most likely true.
    where this rumors are coming?

Yes it needs to happen again because its a good idea and has merit
    SM/WW was mostly just to make superman interesting and basically give him a notch on his belt besides lois. Nothing really came of it and now DC is rolling it back

Batman definitely has more in common with WW than someone people like to admit but then again you are looking at the a highly divisive character like WW?
    Still you have to admit Batman definitely doesn't outshine the people in his family he puts the spotlight on them. Its something Superman couldn't do because the character can barely carry his own supporting cast

Shows you haven't read their title at all. Neither Soule nor Tomasi ever wrote their relationship as Diana being a notch on Superman's belt. Its a ridiculous accusation with no merit. And nothing is being rolled back. People are just overreacting to a preview.

And funnily enough, that's EXACTLY how the Batman "relationship" was portrayed on JLU. Diana being the lovesick beauty queen constantly fawning over Batman so the audience knew how badass he was.

That Superman can't support a supporting cast is also a ridiculous assertion. The problem is his supporting cast kept being stripped away. The post-Crisis Superman books were in fact at their best when it had a large supporting cast of whom Superman carried just fine. This is entirely moot though as Wonder Woman isn't a supporting cast member of his anyway. She's an equal star.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-02-2015 at 08:05 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

But that's the thing with batfans. To them every other character is a supporting cast member to the Batgod. That wouldn't be a relationship of equals but Batman having another groupie who just happen to be a demigoddess. (Which he would train of course)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Yes it needs to happen again because its a good idea and has merit
    SM/WW was mostly just to make superman interesting and basically give him a notch on his belt besides lois. Nothing really came of it and now DC is rolling it back

Batman definitely has more in common with WW than someone people like to admit but then again you are looking at the a highly divisive character like WW?
    Still you have to admit Batman definitely doesn't outshine the people in his family he puts the spotlight on them. Its something Superman couldn't do because the character can barely carry his own supporting cast
    agree and agree. superman is dating WW just so he can be cool and date the hottest woman on earth. also she can have full sex with him. No wonder the writers were quick to show them naked on bed, really? that was pure fanservice at the cost of WW.

I'm pretty sure Batman can promote another heroes, it's what he's been doing for a long time for DC.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

agree and agree. superman is dating WW just so he can be cool and date the hottest woman on earth. also she can have full sex with him. No wonder the writers were quick to show them naked on bed, really? that was pure fanservice at the cost of WW.

I'm pretty sure Batman can promote another heroes, it's what he's been doing for a long time for DC.
    Batman craps on other superheroes, and you know it.

Every book he appears in, he makes everyone else look like a moron. If they're not part of the Bat Family, they're just punching bags or chess pieces to him. Heck even Bat Family members get treated that way. "Here, son. Let me help you deal with the trauma of being captured, tortured, and unmasked by psychopaths by beating you half to death and then feeding you to an evil criminal organization that will totally try to corrupt you into becoming a cold-blooded killer."

And Superman is dating Wonder Woman because he loves her. Sorry you can't deal with that. And having Diana in bed with a man she loves doesn't hurt her one bit.
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 06-02-2015 at 08:28 PM.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

The irony is just so thick that now Batman is being championed for Wonder Woman because...he can promote her. Those supposed feminist values just go straight down the tubes when it comes to shipping Batman with Diana, lol.

With Superman though he can't even be drawn looking at her without it being labeled sexist. High comedy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Batman craps on other superheroes, and you know it.

Every book he appears in, he makes everyone else look like a moron. If they're not part of the Bat Family, they're just punching bags or chess pieces to him.

And Superman is dating Wonder Woman because he loves her. Sorry you can't deal with that. And having Diana in bed with a man she loves doesn't hurt her one bit.
    DC moved on from batman crap on other heroes, very hard see people going numb just because batman is there

with a man no, but superman are controversies

DC moved on from batman crap on other heroes, very hard see people going numb just because batman is there

Oh please few issues ago Cyborg and the JL appeared in Robin Rises story arc only to be crapped on in every single issue just to show how badass Batman is, hell even Darkseid and the entire army of Apokolips got crapped on, buut DC moved pass it? lol absolutely laughable.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Batman is the best at promoting other characters
    His whole line is taking those obscure underutilized characters and giving them greater focus by putting them on a stage where more people are introduced to them. Not saying Wonder Woman needs that but she does need a bit more than being Superman's flotation device.
    Plus they are much more suited for each other since the entire drama in SM/WW is all about how Superman needs to teach her to be this or that or judge her because of etc
    Batman very rarely does this which is a strength since Superman can't be seen as morally compromised but not everyone seems to get that when it comes to them.
    Last edited by Nite-Wing; 06-02-2015 at 08:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Batman destroyed the entire Justice League in a single issue. In that same month, he beat up DARKSEID singlehanded. No, they haven't moved on one bit.

"Controversies." Right. Wonder Woman can sleep with a sexist pig like Orion, in your book. But sleeping with a good, decent man who respects her and treats her well is "controversial."
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--