Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

loved playing this game really bummed to see it go.

i loved it untill it became coast city only i had a hard time playing after that vause i can only use one hand i'll be sad to see it go though

Fantastic Member

I hope a DCUO sequel is in the making, despite its repetitive nature and other designing flaws , I still enjoyed DCUO immensely.

I guess the comic series will end too? This is a lesson, never devote time into an online game that has "ownership" as a key mechanic, because ultimately, all of the games will close down, often before you are ready to stop playing it.

BANNED

I'm kind of surprised it lasted this long.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    It's niche because the genre doesn't appeal to all gamers (no video game genre does, I'd hazard a guess). It's over-saturated because, due to that, there are not enough people wanting to play them all.

Coupled, yes, with the already present behemoths, as I said...a new game has to stand out.

Using licenses such as DC (or, prospectfully, the X-Men) serves to entice unfamiliar players, but it still has to be a "good game".
    Then everything is niche by this reasoning. MOBAs are one the biggest things in video games are now, I have no idea why, but they're huge. They're like one of the least niche genre in video games right now.

Cool Hah, really?

This is interesting. New MOBA games get created, they start off with good looking character and maps and stuff.... Even forums so dedicated players and come and chat and be "merry" and yet it all comes crashing down.

This DC Infinite Crisis game should of started off as an app game on Apple and Android and even letting the Windows users get in too... Have a cross play server and everything. Too bad we got to see this go.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Sad, but from what I can tell, nobody outside of the comic community cared about this game. Unless you have a massively different take on the genre, you aren't gonna break onto the scene. Heroes only managed because it's the casual one in a genre of hardcore games.

All the attempts at MOBAs feels like companies saw all the money LoL makes and just wanted to get in on that. It's the modern version of the MMO craze.

It's sad that even free-to-play isn't an option though. Really shows how unsustainable this game was.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force