Default X-Factor Investigations Appreciation

Apologies if there is a thread forthis I did look. This is thread to praise PAD's previous X-Factor series.

I own every issue (there might be a one shot I am missing) I actually have a letter in one of the early issues of the series. With out a doubt Layla is one of my favorite characters in marvel and probably my one of my top four favorite x-men.

Her return as an adult is great as is the explanation of how she knows stuff. I also loved the idea that trask was responsible for his own misfortune. The one thing I wish we had gotten an explanation for was Clay. He debuted in Pad's Madrox mini series and we never really got an explanation for him other than when he showed up working for the Isolationist along side Solo.
    Last edited by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus; 05-24-2014 at 05:54 PM.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

I'm rereading it at the moment! It's taking me weeks. It's a really well paced, intelligent, funny series that keeps up a n astonishing level of quality for a long long time.

I can never decide if Monet or Siryn are my favourite characters in it. Anyone else have a favourite?
    "Self has no time for this."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post

I'm rereading it at the moment! It's taking me weeks. It's a really well paced, intelligent, funny series that keeps up a n astonishing level of quality for a long long time.

I can never decide if Monet or Siryn are my favourite characters in it. Anyone else have a favourite?
    monet and siryn were best together. Like buddy cops.

The big issue with the series was Art. It was never consistant and when it was it was consistantly bad. I'd love it if the new series changed artists as much as the last one did. As long as it was better than what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    monet and siryn were best together. Like buddy cops.
    Lol. Here's bad cop.
    image.jpg

And scary cop.
    image.jpg

And scary cop.
    image.jpg
    <3!

I loved those 2 together.

My favorite was definitely Madrox and it was great to see PAD expand on his characterization from the previous X-Factor run. Madrox was an absolute wild card to serve as a lead character, but it was a surprise to see how successful the book ended up. I really do miss him and Layla and hope that they, including Terry, return to being used in comics again.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSiryn View Post
    <3!

Thanks for posting these. I was thinking of them, but couldn't find a scan. It's definitely one of Siryn's boss moments. (Would be awesome in a film IMO.)
    I really liked the progression of Monet and Si's relationship: from outright dislike at the start, through grudging respect, and eventually friendship, without ever losing their prickly edges.