Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Marvel is prepared to announce much of its post-"Secret Wars" lineup in a free "All-New, All-Different Marvel Previews" magazine, out July 1.

Full article here.
    Sounds not so promising for me but I will take a look^^

Edit: ANAD Avengers is a joke or not?
    Last edited by TakoM; 06-02-2015 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    <chuckle> Is everyone forgetting that the last proper line wide event was AvX? You can all listen to the minor event hype if you want but the next big event will be in 2017 by current standards.
    Original Sin involved more than one home office. There are several ongoings not involved with Secret Wars. I wasn't reading comics during AvX, so I don't know whether there were a few ongoings not participating. Axis likewise involved multiple home offices. Age of Ultron technically affected the entire MU, at least temporarily. Whatever the technicalities, these annual events are effectively "line wide." The proposition is to keep the home offices to themselves more or less until something really big can be developed over a span of several years.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I can wait until the solicitations.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Please Marvel just STOP with this "ALL NEW" crap. And seriously, can they wait until Comic Con to unveil their NEW UNIVERSE. We only have 2 issues of Secret Wars and the others are delayed. DC You is looking really good right about now.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'm thinking everything is just about the same only with a horrible new gimmick for the X-Men and the inclusion of Miles, but okay. Let's see it.

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post

ANAD Avengers certainly sounds more like Avengers Academy, not the real Avengers. There has to be another adult Avengers group with Hulk and Odinson, surely?

Edit. Punisher Cap, who survives Secret Wars, has to lead a real Avengers team, right? I'm just wondering what an avengers team looks like from the bits and pieces we see in Battleworld. Rage of Ultron Avengers seems a disappointment from that perspective, because it just looks like the same old team from the 1970's, but then it was Remender writing it, so it may have had a peculiar slant to it. If Bendis wrote ROU, I think it would have been very different. We still haven't seen the repercussions of Ultron laying down to Kang in HA Avengers #1-6. Ultron still wants his payoff over that.

I wonder? Is the conclusion of Secret Wars going to be everyone ganging up on Ultron again but on Battleworld, and Ultron lying down so Kang will go away?
    Last edited by jackolover; 06-02-2015 at 06:44 PM.

Honestly I can't wait to see what we are getting, were probably going to hearing some stuff about it this month but overall I'm excited to see what this new Marvel Universe will bring us and what I will have to look forward to.

So far we know the following titles: ANAD Avengers, Uncanny Inhumans, A-force, WeirdWorld, the survivor series(not the actual name), and Howling Commandos(or whatever they'll call it).
    We can probably expect to see:
    -Guardians of the Galaxy
    -Either Old Man Logan or an All-new Wolverine series
    -A new Miles Morales series
    -Continuations of Thor,All-new Captain America and Amazing Spiderman
    -All-new Hawkeye, Ant-man, Spider-gwen, Squirrel Girl, and Howard the duck will probably not be ending
    -Uncanny X-men and All-new X-men will start again with new writers
    -Hopefully the rumor of the Miss America series will be true.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Just give me the rumored Illuminati series and I'll be content....as long as it's not written by Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    ANAD Avengers certainly sounds more like Avengers Academy, not the real Avengers. There has to be another adult Avengers group with Hulk and Odinson, surely?

Edit. Punisher Cap, who survives Secret Wars, has to lead a real Avengers team, right? I'm just wondering what an avengers team looks like from the bits and pieces we see in Battleworld. Rage of Ultron Avengers seems a disappointment from that perspective, because it just looks like the same old team from the 1970's, but then it was Remender writing it, so it may have had a peculiar slant to it. If Bendis wrote ROU, I think it would have been very different. We still haven't seen the repercussions of Ultron laying down to Kang in HA Avengers #1-6. Ultron still wants his payoff over that.

I wonder? Is the conclusion of Secret Wars going to be everyone ganging up on Ultron again but on Battleworld, and Ultron lying down so Kang will go away?

No, it's not a joke, they are an actual team. But im pretty sure that the name was Kamala's idea.

And well, they mentioned that they dont have Stark's money, so i guess that there would be another team, a more proper one, the one that lives in the tower.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    No, it's not a joke, they are an actual team. But im pretty sure that the name was Kamala's idea.

And well, they mentioned that they dont have Stark's money, so i guess that there would be another team, a more proper one, the one that lives in the tower.
    I said that because not only the name sounds purely an idea of Marvel's marketing division. The whole team looks like the marketing division said:" Yo we have here some characters who are sold well, let put them together and find an author who can write a story with them".

By the way which Iron-man is this in ANAD Avengers? Okay whatever I will take a look but I believe to make something out of this you need a celestial inspiration.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Serotonin View Post
    Just give me the rumored Illuminati series and I'll be content....as long as it's not written by Bendis.
    What's that?

I said that because not only the name sounds purely an idea of Marvel's marketing division. The whole team looks like the marketing division said:" Yo we have here some characters who are sold well, let put them together and find an author who can write a story with them".

By the way which Iron-man is this in ANAD Avengers? Okay whatever I will take a look but I believe to make something out of this you need a celestial inspiration.
    I think that it's the sentient armor from Superior Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    What's that?
    Well, the Illuminati is group of mostly the smartest héroes, like Black Panther, Iron Man, Reed Richards.

It feels like Marvel themselves can't sustain their own level of interest with their own event, like wanting to get back to writing 'real' stories. It's deflating the importance of their own event. At this point most of the tie-ins might continue way past the main Secret Wars books, and run parallel with the new continuity. Heck, that's still happening with several series as is!

Maybe it would have been easier to make them all separate What If scenarios and not organise the event in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Serotonin View Post
    Why should they return ? It is unknown until now how much of the old stories which happened shortly before SW will make it into the 616 but the more the less they have a chance because they lost their kingdoms, they are wanted and who knows what.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Fn Man View Post
    Nothing big is gonna happen with the exception of the X-men living in space.
    the mutant gaurdians of the galaxy
    i love it