Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Fans of the MCU should be thankefull to Fox for buying the X-MEN.

Marvel was in a dire financial crisis. It looked like it could be the end to the comic company. That is until 20th Century Fox bought the X-MEN, the purchase gave Marvel the funds to restart, and to eventually regain, and even surpass the former glory. Fast forward today, and the MCU is one of the single most effective film franchises in history, it's broken box office records, received good reviews and changed the course of superhero films forever, but people complain about how Fox owns the X-MEN and how they can't be in the MCU. People, if Fox didn't own X-MEN, we would not have the MCU, we probably wouldn't even have Marvel. We should be thankful for Fox buying the X-MEN, for without that deal, Marvel would have died, and there would have been no MCU.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't want the X-Men in the MCU. They can stay over at Fox.

Boisterously Confused

Well said. Moreover, it may be the completion between Fox and Disney that pushes both to give us better films.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    I've got to check this out. Thanks for the link.

BANNED

Business considerations aside, the best of the X-Men movies are as good or better than anything Marvel Studios has put out. That alone is reason enough to be glad that Fox has the franchise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Business considerations aside, the best of the X-Men movies are as good or better than anything Marvel Studios has put out. That alone is reason enough to be glad that Fox has the franchise.
    Agreed. DOFP was great. This thread is more aimed toward the people hating on Fox for them buying the X-MEN.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    Agreed. DOFP was great. This thread is more aimed toward the people hating on Fox for them buying the X-MEN.
    I don't really think many people who actually know anything about what happened hate Fox for buying the X-Men rights, per se. Most people who have an issue are either unhappy with the movies themselves and/or have bought into the idea that shared universe is the new black and are torqued off that X-Men (and FF) aren't invited to the party.

Mighty Member

I am happy the X-Men are at Fox. It gave the Avengers(who I have always preferred) a chance to shine. What I don't like is how little some characters are used especially the villains. Magneto doesn't have to be in ever movie. And it is such a waste what they have done with the Juggernaut. I would love to see a team wrecking version like in the comics that gives the X-Men hell. Instead one lame version and another one dumped for Quicksilver.

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    I feel there's more hate for Fox having the FF than the X-Men. I feel the X-Men work better in it's own universe.

Being an X-Men fan from the comics, here are some of the reasons why I am somewhat unhappy with Fox owning the X-Men film rights:

-With the likes of Evans, Downey Jr. Hemsworth, Pratt, Stan, Hiddleston and so many more, I think the MCU have really made some amazing casting decisions. I think with the Fox X-Men movies, casting has been kind of weak thus far. A lot of people became aware of how awesome Wolverine is after Hugh Jackman took the role and made him a household name, but I'm tempted to say that the actor playing Wolverine was going to be a big deal, no matter what. It's the likes of Cyclops, Storm, Colossus, Rogue, Gambit, Jean Grey...the ones that really needed to be a big deal, those are the ones that I think the Fox X-Men movies really dropped the ball on. No doubt that Patrick Stewart was a given as Professor X, Ian McKellan was a big deal to play Magneto and Fox really kept the hits going with McAvoy and Fassbender taking up the mantle of Xavier and Lehnsherr, but all the other X-Men have felt pretty bland to me.

-The X-Men's outfit are really drab.

-Sometimes, they are a little too grounded. I love the respect and real-world sensibilities that Bryan Singer brings to these movies, but man...sometimes, I just want to see Rogue do something really crazy or Colossus saying or doing something that really makes a statement or Storm being a better presence and Cyclops have presence, period. I think having a few different directors do different movies has really changed the look, sound and feel of some of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies. I am looking forward to where the X-Men go after Singer. IMO, Singer has yet to make a bad X-Men movie, but I think after Apocalypse, I want a fresh take.

I love the X-Men characters more than any MCU character, period. But it's pretty telling when I've had maybe 10 - 15 "HOLY CRAP!" moments while watching the MCU movies, while maybe 4 or 5 after watching all the X-Men movies!
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

If Marvel Studios owned the xmen film rights, we'd get nowhere near as much diverse movies we're getting. And competition is healthy. Speaking purely from a movie standpoint. The comics fiasco is a totally different conversation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    If Marvel Studios owned the xmen film rights, we'd get nowhere near as much diverse movies we're getting.

How do you know that for sure?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gantz_alien_killer View Post
    Because Disney can only put out so many films a year, which means if they were also charged with putting out X-Men films there wouldn't likely be room for movies like Ant Man and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by gantz_alien_killer View Post
    X-Men is one of Marvel's biggest properties. It would be a safer to go with your cash cow franchise.