Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Morrison has said he's got some 'cinematic' ideas for the Flash, that he'd like to turn into an Earth One book. Given his general success in the medium, and the amount of love and respect Didio and Co have for him (rightfully so), I expect that this is who they are waiting for, and that they'll wait however long it might take. I will, too.

But in terms of 'perfect fit', I've said before that I think it's Warren Ellis for his percussive sense of timing and his 'not-so-but-kinda-real world' science fiction sensibility.

I also think Matt Fraction would do a nice job, for what it's worth. And John Hickman. And Tom King.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Most definitely.

Rumours say that Morrison is actually working on it and it would be pretty cool considering that he would most likely connect The Flash from Earth One to the Multiverse.
    Would love to see Grant write his take on the Flash. I'm really surprised Grant has never had an extended run on a Flash book. Stories about exploring other dimensions and breaking the boundaries of physics and reality are kind of his bread and butter. Plus he's based so much of his career lately on concepts first developed in the classic Broome/Infantino Silver Age run. The multiverse, breaking the fourth wall, and of course superheroes of one earth as comic book characters on another.

This cover alone has influenced his career in so many ways.

Morrison had a chance when Waid took a sabatical year. Well, at least in part.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I'm torn, on one side I'd love Morrison to write it, but on another side I'd like someone else to try since most of us, I think, can roughly imagine what Morrison would do with Flash.

Well, SDCC has revealed than Flash Earth One indeed will be published (by Straz) and Morrison again will write Flash (one of the multiversal Flash, at least).
    We could say then everybody won, so is everybody happy?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Well, SDCC has revealed than Flash Earth One indeed will be published (by Straz) and Morrison again will write Flash (one of the multiversal Flash, at least).
    We could say then everybody won, so is everybody happy?
    I couldn't be happier!