Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Is this a good moment for a Flash: Earth One OGN?

With all the fever of the cinematic superheroes movies and the Flash series being a hit on TV, I wonder if this is a good moment for a Flash graphic novel for the Earth One line.
    For one hand I would like to see a more extended graphic novel of the Flash, but for another, it would be another origin from the character which already had been show in the live action series. So, what new angle could show? And by who?
    Someone had a proposal? Who could write it? Who could draw it? How do you would take the origin? Or do you would scrap the idea?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Incredible Member

The fact that we're not seeing any kind of promotional push for Flash is just odd. I would be surprised if there's not something in the pipes. I'd love it, though. Love me some Flash.

I would definitely like to see this, and I think the timing couldn't be more perfect. Not sure why a Flash Year One GN never happened before.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    I would definitely like to see this, and I think the timing couldn't be more perfect. Not sure why a Flash Year One GN never happened before.
    Mark Waid wrote The Life Story of the Flash, written in the style of a biography by Iris West. Not exactly a "Year One" story, but close to it.

Keep in mind that post-Crisis DC did a bunch of "Year One" Annuals in 1995. The Flash had one, but I believe it was focused more on Wally than Barry.

Always Rakzo

Most definitely.

Rumours say that Morrison is actually working on it and it would be pretty cool considering that he would most likely connect The Flash from Earth One to the Multiverse.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Someone get Warren Ellis on the phone.

Granted poor Superman is still stuck with JMS.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    As long as he doesn't turn Barry into a douche...

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Most definitely.

Rumours say that Morrison is actually working on it and it would be pretty cool considering that he would most likely connect The Flash from Earth One to the Multiverse.
    After thought about it, even iff that would be great, I would like a different voice on the character. Ellis seems a nice option but he seems like more the Marvel characters.
    I would like to see what could do Azzarello with the character. After his work with Wonder Woman, I would trust him. ANd if they can get Pacheco to draw it, I would like more.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

As long as he doesn't turn Barry into a douche...
    That would be Mark Millar.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    That would be Mark Millar.
    Maybe but one doesn't contradict the other.

THAT would be the ****. Written by Mark Waid.

Not Year One; Earth One. I understand the confusion given that both involve the start of his career. But one has to tie into current events on Earth-0; while the other not only doesn't have to, it shouldn't.

Morrison got Wonder Woman; let's put someone else on the title. Though if Morrison did get it, you can be sure that he'd have young Barry reading an issue of the contemporary Flash series.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Maybe but one doesn't contradict the other.
    If it was Ellis, I still doubt Barry would feel like Barry, in as much as there are bound to be differences considering this would be an Earth One book...I bet he wouldn't have a no-kill rule for one thing, though he'd probably do something really interesting with The Rogues.

Granted poor Superman is still stuck with JMS.
    I'm going to call Brian Michael Bendis to write Flash instead!

BANNED

Oh I'm sure they'll be one. The problem is that these Earth One books are taking a painfully long time to get released.