View Poll Results: Which was better? Xmen Days of Future Past or Cap 2: Winter Soldier?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • DOFP

49 33.79%
  • Winter Soldier

96 66.21%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Alright, it's time to make a decision. Which was better? Winter Soldier or DOFP

It's time to make a decision for all the world to see. What did YOU think was a better movie?

I enjoyed both, but still think winter soldier was a better movie. Though the quicksilver set piece was the best thing I've seen in any movie in the past 5+ years.

Poll is public, NO HIDING !!!!!!!

And let the flames of your opinions burns all those that stand against you.... (or not)

Days of Future Past by the narrowest of margins.

James McAvoy is what does it for me. I totally bought into his character's pain. Cap is the same kid from Brooklyn that he's always been, but the world around him has changed. On the other hand, Charles is a changed man in the worst way. The world around him has changed too, but unlike Cap, it's broken him. All of the charm he exudes in First Class is just gone. It's truly a revelation to see the series' most powerful character be so impotent and lost.

I also gotta say Robert Redford and Peter Dinklage were two of my favorite antagonists in any comic book movie. They're both examples of a kind of villain that we haven't really seen before in this genre- cold, logical, persuasive, and totally aware of the ramifications of what they're doing. They believe that they're the heroes of their own stories.
    Last edited by Batmankoff; 05-24-2014 at 07:20 PM.
    Russia is cold, why can't Batman have a warm hat?

Spectacular Member

Both were great, but I enjoyed DOFP a bit more.

DOFP was better in my opinion, although I had more....FUN watching TWS.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Both reinvigorate their universes, maybe sentimentality makes me give and edge to DoFP just because that universe was dying and it made me remember the potential it had when X1 and X2 came out.

Or maybe I should go with WS because of the MCU-wide ramifications it had and the fact that it made people see how good AoS had gotten while also being a MCU sequel that was as good as the original.

I can't decide.

BANNED

Its like choosing between the two hottest women in a beauty contest. That said I think both were great character movies but Winter Soldier was a bit better of an action movie.

Let's see, DoFP just has more of the same 3 or so characters getting all the development and the rest of the Xmen are wallpaper with a few action sequences thrown in. Yeah I'm going with the Winter Soldier.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Its like choosing between the two hottest women in a beauty contest. That said I think both were great character movies but Winter Soldier was a bit better of an action movie.
    I don't think Winter Soldier had anything that topped the Quicksilver scene or Blink's fight scenes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    I don't think Winter Soldier had anything that topped the Quicksilver scene or Blink's fight scenes.
    It didn't, too bad we got so much more attention on wolverines melee fighting and healing. Notice that the scenes that did not involve his powers were the more interesting ones (hint to wolverine lovers, he has dull and boring powers)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    It didn't, too bad we got so much more attention on wolverines melee fighting and healing. Notice that the scenes that did not involve his powers were the more interesting ones (hint to wolverine lovers, he has dull and boring powers)
    Yep the reality is that non adamantium Wolverine is going to extremely useless in a fight against Sentinels. With metal claws he can at least cut them but without all he can do is be a distraction.

DOFP by the tiniest of margins.

I'd rate 'em equal in pretty much every department. The tie-breaker for me was that Mystique kicked a bit more ass than Widow. And was blue.

Winter Soldier for the following reasons.

While both are good movies based on comic properties, Winter Soldier could have EASILY just been another summer action movie with no Marvel U trappings and worked just as well as it did.

When looking at the overall franchise that the movies exist in respectively, my head doesn't want to explode when I think about how Winter Soldier ties in with the other movies of its franchise.

I had more fun watching Winter Soldier.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

One studio went above and beyond and other bought QuickSilver's outfit from the clearance section at TJ Maxx. Then Fox wonders why they can't even do Dark Knight's Numbers let alone Avenger's.
    Last edited by YoungThanos; 05-26-2014 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamdinger View Post
    Let's see, DoFP just has more of the same 3 or so characters getting all the development and the rest of the Xmen are wallpaper with a few action sequences thrown in. Yeah I'm going with the Winter Soldier.
    BOOM!!!!

There you go...

Astonishing Member

Winter Soldier easily topped DOFP for me.

I just found that almost nothing in DOFP resonated with me emotionally. I didn't really care about the split between Charles/Erik or Erik/Mystique or any of the future X-Men dying (zero characterization). Quicksilver WAS the highlight of the film, but that's only halfway into the film. Things kind of went downhill after that.