View Poll Results: Which was better? Xmen Days of Future Past or Cap 2: Winter Soldier?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • DOFP

49 33.79%
  • Winter Soldier

96 66.21%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hamdinger View Post
    Let's see, DoFP just has more of the same 3 or so characters getting all the development and the rest of the Xmen are wallpaper with a few action sequences thrown in. Yeah I'm going with the Winter Soldier.
    I completely agree with you. DOFP was really disappointing. Whereas TWS was a pleasant surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    DoFP.

Both were very good, but the emotional connection between Charles and Mystique is better established, better planned and better executed than the connection between Bucky and Steve. Bucky in the first film was killed in the second act and not really that memorable, and he was barely in the Winter Soldier (despite the title of the film). I really did care about what was going to happen in the final battle of DoFP because of the strengths of the characters, which I really didn't in TWS. Plus, DoFP has the best use of superpowers ever in any superhero movies, it's only competition being X2's opening scene. How awesome were Quicksilver and Blink? The action scenes of TWS weren't nearly as cool.
    TWS action scenes were leaps and bounds better than DOFP. Way more energy, awesome use of different environments, and the hand to hand was unmatched. Steve's relationship connections were not only with Bucky, but also, Black Widow, Falcon, and Fury. Seeing the contrasts between Steve's black and white views and Black Widow's and Fury's shades of grey was awesome. The way they both grew and built a better understanding and trust for each other was a key part of the movie. Seeing him establishing a connection with a fellow service member, Falcon, trying to fit back into society was also a nice turn. Finally Steve having to face a distorted version of himself in the Winter Soldier, who'd been compromised and was a product of the world he now inhabits was powerful, and it being his best friend was the cherry on top.

BANNED

They were close (I almost gave it to X-Men just because spoilers:
    it gave us back Cyclops and Jean
    end of spoilers, but Cap 2 was just so right...

Winter Soldier, hands down. DoFP was good, but TWS was excellent.

DoFP gave me more of an emotional punch. Cap 2 was great and an amazing action movie but predictable as well. Kind of like a poor man's Jason Bourne flick

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    DoFP gave me more of an emotional punch. Cap 2 was great and an amazing action movie but predictable as well. Kind of like a poor man's Jason Bourne flick
    DOFP was Terminator but with mutant powers yet still fun.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Out of the two, I'd peg DoFP as being more predictable.

Not sure how many viewers thought SHIELD would be completely dismantled, and I don't know anyone who doubted Wolverine would accomplish his mission and change the past (anecdote, I know).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post

Not sure how many viewers thought SHIELD would be completely dismantled, and I don't know anyone who doubted Wolverine would accomplish his mission and change the past (anecdote, I know).
    I think the only twist I found unpredictable in DOFP was the reveal that JFK was a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I think the only twist I found unpredictable in DOFP was the reveal that JFK was a mutant.
    And with that coming from Magneto, I am not entirely sure it's true!

True, but as a political thriller, unpredictability is a part of the genre. Completely agree that DOFP was predictable

BANNED

And with that coming from Magneto, I am not entirely sure it's true!
    True on that.

BANNED

Winter Soldier, easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    TWS action scenes were leaps and bounds better than DOFP. Way more energy, awesome use of different environments, and the hand to hand was unmatched.
    The action scenes in TWS were decent, but they had too much shaky cam and went on for too long.

The action scenes in DoFP were more inventive, tense and imaginative. The Quicksilver scene is cooler than anything in TWS.

Steve's relationship connections were not only with Bucky, but also, Black Widow, Falcon, and Fury. Seeing the contrasts between Steve's black and white views and Black Widow's and Fury's shades of grey was awesome. The way they both grew and built a better understanding and trust for each other was a key part of the movie. Seeing him establishing a connection with a fellow service member, Falcon, trying to fit back into society was also a nice turn.
    The contrasts between Xavier, Magneto and Mystique were more interesting, though. Steve Rogers is such a dull character that the film's other characters become way more interesting as it goes by.

Wolverine is usually a pretty boring character but the writers manage to make him interesting putting him in the Prof. X role and seeing the shenanigans that ensue when a rage filled simpleton has to become a wise and guiding presence towards the other characters. Granted, he's still the least interesting of the main cast, but the writers know this and throw him out of the final battle for a reason.

TWS just has Steve be a boring presence throughout that refuses to change. Chris Evans makes it work due to his charisma, but the character still doesn't really click when compared to the others surrounding him.

Finally Steve having to face a distorted version of himself in the Winter Soldier, who'd been compromised and was a product of the world he now inhabits was powerful, and it being his best friend was the cherry on top.
    Which was nice, but Bucky wasn't developed enough in the first film to make you care as much as you cared about Mystique.

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    They were close (I almost gave it to X-Men just because spoilers:
    it gave us back Cyclops and Jean
    end of spoilers, but Cap 2 was just so right...
    And that final scene is what makes me go Dofp. I insist: that was the perfect ending for the X-Syngerverse. A happy ending to boot
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    The action scenes in TWS were decent, but they had too much shaky cam and went on for too long.

The action scenes in DoFP were more inventive, tense and imaginative. The Quicksilver scene is cooler than anything in TWS.

The contrasts between Xavier, Magneto and Mystique were more interesting, though. Steve Rogers is such a dull character that the film's other characters become way more interesting as it goes by.

Wolverine is usually a pretty boring character but the writers manage to make him interesting putting him in the Prof. X role and seeing the shenanigans that ensue when a rage filled simpleton has to become a wise and guiding presence towards the other characters. Granted, he's still the least interesting of the main cast, but the writers know this and throw him out of the final battle for a reason.

TWS just has Steve be a boring presence throughout that refuses to change. Chris Evans makes it work due to his charisma, but the character still doesn't really click when compared to the others surrounding him.

Which was nice, but Bucky wasn't developed enough in the first film to make you care as much as you cared about Mystique.
    This probably depends on the individual, but I found captain american one of the more interesting and endearing characters in the marvel universe, certainly a hell of a lot more interesting than thor or wolverine.

His golden character that some seem to find cheesy was the PERFECT kind of contrast in the compromised world of winter soldier. In that world it's a great virtue to have that kind of character on your side.

On paper he sound supremely boring, but I keep being surprised in media. The first time this happened was during the greatest single episode of avengers:earths mightiest heroes (Prisoner of War). For those that have not seen that episode, stop what you are doing, RIGHT NOW and find where it is available (you know what to do if it is not on a streaming service...) and watch that. Near the end one of the antagonists commented on Captain America... I don't want to say more, but his character is kind of his super power.

Then there was that scene where he was getting bashed in the head by Winter Soldier, and he basically told him he was with him to the end of the line. The sort of sacrifice and love in that statement to his friend because he is so concerned about saving him than beating him... I mean it's just incredibly endearing... at least to people like me.