View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Airboy #1 (of 4)

6 19.35%
  • Autumnlands: Tooth & Claw #6

10 32.26%
  • Big Man Plans #3 (of 4)

2 6.45%
  • The Covenant #1

1 3.23%
  • Death Vigil #7 (of 8)

3 9.68%
  • The Humans #5

0 0%
  • Jupiter's Circle #3

0 0%
  • The Mice Templar V: Night's End #3 (of 5)

0 0%
  • Morning Glories #46

0 0%
  • Nailbiter #13

2 6.45%
  • No Mercy #3

0 0%
  • Nonplayer #2

0 0%
  • The Wicked + The Divine #11

3 9.68%
  • Zero #17

3 9.68%
  • Other - The Empty #4 or Minimum Wage: So Many Bad Decisions #2 (of 6)

1 3.23%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Okay, now that my review is out and I read one another book, here's the list:

The Wicked + The Divine #11
    The Covenant #1

I suppose Wicked & Divine win this week, but it's not really say much. Look at its competition! Also, it didn't win overall for the week in general. Best comic I read went to Action Comics #41. Good stuff and it features characters I actually care about! Laura? Not so much (also saw that twist with her coming 10 miles away. It was only a matter of time).

Pulled Airboy #1, Autumnlands: Tooth & Claw #6, Big Man Plans #3, Jupiter's Circle #3, Nailbiter #13 & Zero #17 this week.

Nailbiter & Jupiter's Circle were both decidedly average but enjoyable nonetheless, Autumnlands: Tooth & Claw was solid & I'm holding off reading Zero because quite frankly it's just got bonkers. (still a great comic though)

The two standouts this week were Airboy & Big Man Plans, story & art on both were stella but Airboy got my vote ( loved Greg Hinkle's art & coloring )
    Last edited by rac shade; 06-04-2015 at 01:21 PM.

Close week here.
    Zero was trippy, as is the new norm. Got baked for it and loved it.
    The Humans returned and was jam packed with violence, drugs, and hijinks. Another awesome one.
    Big Man Plans was BRUTAL.
    Airboy was amazing and convinced me that I need to start writing comic books for a living. I am more than ready to join in on the debauchery.
    But what do I vote for? This is a really tough one, but I am going to go with... Airboy. Because it was a debut issue, I had no clue what I was getting myself into, and it all felt fresh and unique. The others were good, but still just more of the same.

Amazing Member

Zero #17 is one of the most amazing issues I've ever read. Powerful. Stunning. Beautiful. What Ales did in this one can't be replicated in any other storytelling medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilipush View Post
    Zero #17 is one of the most amazing issues I've ever read. Powerful. Stunning. Beautiful. What Ales did in this one can't be replicated in any other storytelling medium.
    This. Fantastic issue. Gets my vote.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I only read The Covenant this week, so I guess that was best Image book I read? ....still not going to vote it since it was awful. It was just bad, but not bad in a shocking or over the top manner like Liefeld's old Image Comics. Bad in the way that it was boring and bland looking.
    The Covenant was the only Image book a bought this week. I cannot argue against any negative opinion of it, but at the same time I want to give it a chance. In a couple issues I might regret not cutting my losses but I like the idea behind the story and if it gets better I don't want to miss out.

Superb ending to Tooth & Claw's first arc, it easily got my vote.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Big Man Plans for me. This is SUCH a badass revenge story! And by Eric Powell? Clear winner for me. Tried Airboy, which was interesting and may become a top lister, but as a first issue is "merely" interesting, dealing not with Airboy but with those called upon to create the comic, lowlifes both (heh). Still have Autumn Lands to read, so no vote on that'n this week yet...
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Had a pretty busy week so all I ultimately read was Autumnlands #6. Dug it a lot though, pretty excited to see where this goes next! This series didn't really grab me until issue 4, but ever since it's been a steady climb. In retrospect I feel like #5 could probably have been worked into both issues 4 and 6 to speed up the pacing somewhat, but that's not a major complaint or anything.

There's a lot of new series launching and/or returning soon, but I think I'll try to accomodate a space for Autumnlands on the pull list.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!