Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Considering that Cyclops still has the PF even with 616 destroyed for the most part, does anyone else think him holding it is a plot point set up to bring the Phoenix into the new universe?
    I think it has to be. Hopefully, whatever the Phoenix is in the new universe is more consistent in it's goals and used with far less frequency though.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NunoTaborda View Post
    He may be asking if they are the only ones who survived from their universe
    I think it's clear that he's asking if they're the only ones who survived from his universe, the universe. Previous to this, the only ones from the 616 on Battleworld have been Doom and Strange himself so discovering survivors would be a big deal to both Strange and Doom. It's unclear so far whether the Sue, Johnny and Valeria in SW were the 616 versions spared from being destroyed in the incursion by Doom or whether they're constructs.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I thought the survivors represent a danger to Doom because they know the truth?
    Yes. The characters in the life raft are a threat to Doom because they come from the real universe and could potentially unravel Battleworld.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 06-03-2015 at 09:46 AM.

This series is so weird because other than The Cabal there isn't really a revealed "Bad Guy" yet. Doom's motivation makes sense and aside from his stance towards mutants he isn't doing anything out of malice.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

If 8 years have passed I wonder if Valeria and Franklin are actually Doom's children.
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    If 8 years have passed I wonder if Valeria and Franklin are actually Doom's children.
    They could be if these are not the 616 versions.
    But they look older, especially Valeria.

This series is so weird because other than The Cabal there isn't really a revealed "Bad Guy" yet. Doom's motivation makes sense and aside from his stance towards mutants he isn't doing anything out of malice.
    It's possible the Beyonders are still an issue too.

But yeah, at this point it's not entirely clear who exactly the real big bad in this story is.

Spectacular Member

We can have an event without a big villain... Just an event created to fix the universe...

Now THAT would be a real pain for Reed... A HUGE PAIN in the...

I'm guessing that next issue the "Wars" part of the title will start. I think the Cabal are going to shatter Doom's carefully structured illusion and the various domains will start fighting each other.
    Pull List:

The good kind of noise SpiderOrange's Avatar

Wow, my favorite part of the book was seeing MILES FREAKING MORALES emerge from the 2nd Life Raft!!! I guess this explains how he's the only person from 1610 to be folded over to the new Marvel.
    "This. Right here. This is where my life officially jumped the shark." Miles Morales
    "No, that was back on Cowboy world", Ultimate Cartoon Spidey
    ASM Vol 3, #12

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Well that certainly was a comic I just read... Yep, I'm starting to get the feeling Hickman never cared about his Avengers run and just really wanted to continue writing the Fantastic Four considering everything so far.

i guess we made some progress... sort of? Dialogue is still as engaging as a reading college text book as well. *sigh* Several more months to go of this...

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The solicited cover had Teen Jean on it. Where's Teen Jean?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I have to say I do finding it delicious irony of despite all of his intelligence, Reed can never truly match the grand schemer, power mover and planer that is Dr. Doom.
    Match? Reed usually surpasses him.

Really love how this feels like a really big Fantastic Four story.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Sue choosing Johnny's punuishment and it being so sever seems so wrong and not like her, Someone capable of that wouldn't tell Doom to show mercy to the Braddocks.
    I think that there is more going on here with her.
    I think it's obvious that they've all been "rewritten" by Doom to some extent or another. The only people who seem to remember the world before Apocalypse are Strange, Doom, and those who were in the life raft.

There's no way in hell Sue and especially Franklin would agree to let Johnny be tortured in such a way if they were their true selves.

Am I the only one who finds it deeply disturbing that Strange remembers what happened before TRO? I have a hard time believing the Strange we know would be fine with the totalitarian way things are run on Battleworld, especially given Doom is omnipotent and therefore has the power to make things better for everyone.