Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    I couldn't stop thinking of quotes from Mad Max: Fury Road as i watched the trailer.

"when the world fell, it was hard to tell who was more crazy, me or everybody else............."
    If the "everybody else" are those going crazy over the trailer, then it's everybody else.

Did they say if it's running on a new engine or not yet?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    New from Fallout 3 or new from Skyrim? Anyways, I don't think they said anything about that. I guess it could be in some tiny print in the trailer, but I wasn't looking for that.

I guess they could finally be using the much better looking id Tech 5 engine. Although the characters don't really look like it.

BANNED

gstaff
    Bethesda Community Lead
    (06-05-2015, 10:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Beelzebufo

"Fallout 4 will not be on Xbox 360 or PS3"
    ^ More clear than that
    It is not coming to 360 and PS3, the stuff we’re doing will never work there.

more stuff from E3

I need this game right now. The **** Bethesda is doing with FO4 is just...

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Still Gamebryo

the fact that Bethseda managed to sit on this up to 6 months from release is pretty impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    the fact that Bethseda managed to sit on this up to 6 months from release is pretty impressive
    One thing I like about Bethesda is the fact that they rarely, if ever, officially announce a game that's more than a year or so off. None of this announcing a game 3 years before it's done crap.

BANNED

Stuff about this game was leaked like a year ago.

Anyways, it's interesting seeing all the stuff they're letting you do, a lot more interesting than that first trailer anyways. Animations look dodgy, but better than Skyrim. Art direction also looks better than anything Bethesda Games Studio has done in the past. Probably won't be a good Fallout game, but it might turn out to be a interesting first person shooter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Stuff about this game was leaked like a year ago.

Anyways, it's interesting seeing all the stuff they're letting you do, a lot more interesting than that first trailer anyways. Animations look dodgy, but better than Skyrim. Art direction also looks better than anything Bethesda Games Studio has done in the past. Probably won't be a good Fallout game, but it might turn out to be a interesting first person shooter.
    Yeah, that's what bothers me. Will still be a kinda fun sandbox post-apocalypse game, I'm sure, but just not a Fallout game.

"Not a Fallout game" in what way?

Probably because it's not an isometric top down turn based game, even though there hasn't been one of those in 15 years now and with the release of 4 there'll have been just as many Fallouts of this style as there were of the old. With Brotherhood of Steel occupying it's own weird little forgotten island.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Probably because it's not an isometric top down turn based game, even though there hasn't been one of those in 15 years now and with the release of 4 there'll have been just as many Fallouts of this style as there were of the old. With Brotherhood of Steel occupying it's own weird little forgotten island.
    In that it doesn't really capture the tone of the series. Fallout 3 was a game set out as if the Great War had just happened a couple decades ago and the fallout just cleared, instead of the bombs dropping back a couple centuries ago, and then there were some fairly baffling choices regarding how the major factions were handled and a lot of story beats taken from the original game that didn't really make much sense- go get a GECK, because you did that in the first game, even though it would be better used for almost any purpose than what you actually use it for, or go fight an army of Supermutants even though there's no reason why they could be there thanks to what's already happened. It just didn't feel like a proper continuation of the series, and Bethesda haven't done any decent writing in a game for years so I'm not suddenly optimistic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Play the first two real Fallout game, and then play Fallout 3, it's not hard to see how what they're doing isn't a real Fallout game. They've seemingly taken the series further away from what it is than the FPS XCOM that got everyone mad. Bethesda can't even get the setting and lore right, they've taken groups and creatures only meant to be in California, and just put them everywhere...I guess because they can't think up new things. They can't even get the aesthetic of the series right, they've barely got the look of the architecture of the world right. Missions, choice and consequence, and the tone of the writing also isn't up to what a Fallout game should be...at least it wasn't in Fallout 3, and nothing Bethesda has done makes me think they can do that stuff. They don't make Fallout, they make post-apocalyptic Elder Scrolls. Unlike Fallout 3 though, this one seems like it might be a passable FPS.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Translation: Old men bitching cause things aren't exactly how they used to be when it was just their own little special club that played the original game.

Anything New Sucks!!!!!!!