Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 213

Thread: Fallout 4

  1. #76
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    7,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Modders won't fix the gameplay, or any of the big fundamental problems. But after some time they'll make it look better, will probably replace the stupid Pip-Boy 3000 with the Pip-Boy 2000 as well.
    Mods have fixed fundamental problems before. You needed a mod for good mouse support for Skyrim's menus. I don't expect any meaningful gameplay mods in the near future. It'll take longer to get those. I'll settle for one that make playing in third person not crappy.

  2. #77
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Mods have fixed fundamental problems before. You needed a mod for good mouse support for Skyrim's menus. I don't expect any meaningful gameplay mods in the near future. It'll take longer to get those. I'll settle for one that make playing in third person not crappy.
    No, I mean fundamental problems like the combat being terrible...there's other big stuff too, but I'll just talk about the gameplay. I've seen mods that try to make the combat in Skyrim better, but unless the combat and enemy AI are changed on a fundamental level, then it doesn't really matter what little changes are made to the combat.

    There games aren't meant to be played in third person, they're built to be played in first person. The third person view is just their old spectator view that could be played in before, but with some stuff bolted on to make seem look like something you can also play in. Just don't play in that view, since you were never really meant to in the first place.

  3. #78
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,392

    Default

    Well I love it so far, it's Fallout. That's all that needs to be said, there are a few changes here and there but it's still the same awesome series it's always been.

    I've already got a lot of great gaming moments for me and I've only put in 8 hours.

  4. #79
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Well I love it so far, it's Fallout. That's all that needs to be said, there are a few changes here and there but it's still the same awesome series it's always been.
    This is funny.

  5. #80
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    13,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    A first person shooter, games like Doom, Halo, and Call of Duty.
    I'm not so good at aiming and all in those types of games. It did have me interested for the RPG aspect and wish it was like that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  6. #81
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'm not so good at aiming and all in those types of games. It did have me interested for the RPG aspect and wish it was like that.
    Play the first two, I'm sure they're better than Fallout 4 could ever hope to be, and they're a whole different style of game with turn based combat. The FPS ones do have a free hit system, I'm guessing because the shooting mechanics were so horrible in Fallout 3...but playing a FPS with this system really isn't fun.

  7. #82
    Tin Man MikeP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    This is funny.
    We get it. You don't like how Fallout has become. That is clear.



    Do you have anything else to contribute?
    Life is but a dream

  8. #83
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    We get it. You don't like how Fallout has become. That is clear.



    Do you have anything else to contribute?
    It is funny, even if you love what Fallout has become, you'd have to be a crazy person to think it's still the same thing it's always been. Now, do you have anything to contribute, or you want to post some more gifs?

  9. #84
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    13,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Play the first two, I'm sure they're better than Fallout 4 could ever hope to be, and they're a whole different style of game with turn based combat. The FPS ones do have a free hit system, I'm guessing because the shooting mechanics were so horrible in Fallout 3...but playing a FPS with this system really isn't fun.
    Hmm sounds interesting. As a newbie at these type of games , I wonder if I could manage to make it work. I saw a video and a lot looks really interesting as a preview someone posted. Another guy posted a 4 hour start of chapter 1 on youtube. I just clicked through it to not be spoiled , but damn if it didn't make me wanna try this game.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  10. #85
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Hmm sounds interesting. As a newbie at these type of games , I wonder if I could manage to make it work. I saw a video and a lot looks really interesting as a preview someone posted. Another guy posted a 4 hour start of chapter 1 on youtube. I just clicked through it to not be spoiled , but damn if it didn't make me wanna try this game.
    It's really hard to say, it could maybe be OK as a first person shooter, or it could maybe be total shit. The gameplay looks pretty crappy, but it also looks like something that might be fun to mess around with as a rental...at least for some people. It's not the kind of thing I would buy, but this game will likely be big; or I wouldn't imagine it being all that hard to find at least one person to play the whole game with. Although I really doubt it will be good overall.

  11. #86
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    It is funny, even if you love what Fallout has become, you'd have to be a crazy person to think it's still the same thing it's always been. Now, do you have anything to contribute, or you want to post some more gifs?
    I'm not saying Fallout has always been the same type of game, I'm saying that the Fallout series has always been awesome. Before you go saying I've never played any other besides the newer ones, I have played every single Fallout game from 1 to tactics to the non-canon brotherhood of steel game on the original Xbox. Fallout 4 has been so awesome so far and I don't understand why anyone wouldn't like it.

  12. #87
    Astonishing Member Starter Set's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,682

    Default

    Cool, a fallout so mild that even my little sister can play.

  13. #88
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    19,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Cool, a fallout so mild that even my little sister can play.
    What's mild about it?

    It's a lot more challenging than FO3.

    Also, why do you assume your little sister only play mild games?

  14. #89
    Fantastic Member Lindsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    What's mild about it?

    It's a lot more challenging than FO3.

    Also, why do you assume your little sister only play mild games?
    I can't speak for anyone else but I am totally loving Fallout 4. It has it's problems from time to time but all in all I'm loving the Boston wasteland.

  15. #90
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    19,118

    Default

    Personally I'm not at all liking the settlement stuff.

    "Please make us some beds." "Please grow up some cops" "Please make us some machine gun turrets."

    Do it yourself. Those settlers are used to this kinda post-apocalyptic crap while my character is used to getting beds and food at the shops and relying on cops for security. I'm not your nanny and I have way more important things on my head.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •