Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4

I'm enjoing the game and i like the workshop for building settlements and modding weapons/armour. Story seem only okayish-but the same can be said for all FO/TES games imo so that's fine. The world seems more full/alive to me too which makes the game a lot more fun to wander and explore.

However the sheer lack of pollish and refinement the game has in talking scenes, character behaviour, set pieces, etc is really below par for a game today. I really struggle to name other AAA games that still have that naff mid-naughty unfinished feel outside of this series but even in 2015 for a game, that according to Beth', just sold 750m Dollars worth in a week needed more investment financially as the corner cutting in these areas is just so obvious and immersion breaking.

The game also really lacks a good variety of wearable armour/clothing....I know they wanted more realism in this area and in many ways it has really worked and the modular body parts in leather, Raider, metal, etc are really cool and much more like something you would imagine in the wastes, with the charisma stat on nice suits and dresses it also adds a little to the immersion...but the under armour is pretty much limited to 3 wearable options for 95% of the game....I'm 2 days in and still wearing Vault 111 gear as it's still the best available....which is just very very boring....it kind of reminds me of the last Dragon Age in that sense. The variety of cool wearable armour pieces is at an all time low if you ask me.

The game remains still very addictive and overall pretty fun, if not a little bare on the armour/guns and a bit too easy.

As with all Bethseda games I'll wait a few weeks and at least a major patch before I play it

As with all non Nintendo games, Im gonna wait for the price to go down before I buy

Loving the game so far, moreso than Fallout 3 or New Vegas (though I know to some hardcore fans that would be blasphemy). Really, I find that the crafting and far-improved shooting mechanics do it for me, as does the variety of environments and large interior spaces. I agree with the above posters that the lack of polish is really noticeable. That's the Gamebryo engine though, certainly showing its age.

I'm really enjoying it. Lots of flavor, some interesting characters, and some decent incremental improvements to the FO3/NV model. I'm having a lot of fun managing my little network of settlements.

The interface is a little too controller-centric for a keyboard-and-mouse PC player, but I'm used to that by now.

I am loving it at about 30 hours in with many of them spent building Sanctuary into a real sanctuary. I completely walled in the perimeter with the bridge being the only way in and out of town, I will probably tweak/upgrade the perimeter walls as time goes on and I learn more about how the building works and feel more like I can do exactly what I want. The learning curve is pretty steep at first and with no tutorial a lot of things are kind of trial and error.

I can't tell you how many times I have built things only to scrap them and start from scratch but the trial and error has been a lot of the fun.

BANNED

Sooo...

Apparently I'm the only one in the whole wide world who hates creating and managing settlements.
    If I wanted to play Simcity I'd play Simcity...

I like this game so far but if I'm in Boston, why doesn't anybody that I talk to have an accent?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by goof View Post
    I like this game so far but if I'm in Boston, why doesn't anybody that I talk to have an accent?
    Because it's been 200 years, and it's frankly amazing that everybody still speaks English at all. Everybody who spoke like that is long dead, except for a few Ghouls.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Sooo...

Apparently I'm the only one in the whole wide world who hates creating and managing settlements.
    If I wanted to play Simcity I'd play Simcity...
    Quoted in agreement.

It's a bit tedious for me to be honest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Hmm sounds interesting. As a newbie at these type of games , I wonder if I could manage to make it work. I saw a video and a lot looks really interesting as a preview someone posted. Another guy posted a 4 hour start of chapter 1 on youtube. I just clicked through it to not be spoiled , but damn if it didn't make me wanna try this game.
    Go for it, dude. I think you'll like it, although it's hard on the sleep schedule because you'll be up all night.

It's also a lot better challenge than Fallout 3. Hard mode is actually hard at times in this one. In Fallout 3 I bumped it up solely because Normal was ridiculously easy, but in this one on Hard there are enemies that'll rip you apart almost instantly if you don't think out a smarter way to approach them.

I am a Fallout fan from way back and I'd count Fallout 2 as one of my top 5 games, but I like what Bethesda has done with Fallout as well and I think those different things can coexist in the same world. The great thing about gaming nowadays is that there are so many options. If you want to recapture that oldschool CRPG/Fallout 2 feeling you can play Pillars of Eternity, Divinity: Original Sin, Wasteland 2, or Shadowrun Returns or a bunch of others.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 11-18-2015 at 10:29 AM.

BANNED

Higher difficulties just seem to turn the Wasteland into a world of bullet sponges, making combat not really harder, just longer and more tedious. I'm fine on normal.

Also, sniping a full clip of ammo into somebody's head and barely have them notice kinda breaks immersion for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Higher difficulties just seem to turn the Wasteland into a world of bullet sponges, making combat not really harder, just longer and more tedious. I'm fine on normal.

Also, sniping a full clip of ammo into somebody's head and barely have them notice kinda breaks immersion for me.
    It also makes your character less of a bullet sponge, though, so it works both ways.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    It also makes your character less of a bullet sponge, though, so it works both ways.
    I don't feel very spongey whenever something not using those piddley pipe guns has a go at me.

First patch due next week, I started playing and thus far have had one crash and one noticeable(and easily worked around bug), which is much better than New Vegas when it released.