Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

I'll bet this is a cop out. Come on, as comic readers we're all too familiar with this strategy. The first page of next issue has Han explaining she's some crazy stalker or something.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    This does not sound like a big deal. We knew that Disney decree the EU non-canon, so changes were coming. The question one must ask themselves is the EU more important than Star Wars itself?
    ( Sorry I tried, to answer your remarks about my previous post with the quotes, but I can't make it work ...

- Han having dumped, for whatever reason, his wife, shows he's not reliable on that matter ... I know you don't exactly choose who you fall in love with, but, IMO, if you've got some respect for yourself, this kind of thing is a deal-breaker ( except, of course, if he had a VERY good reason to run away from her ... ) Again, that's just my opinion.
    - Fair point.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lccf View Post
    ( Sorry I tried, to answer your remarks about my previous post with the quotes, but I can't make it work ...

- Han having dumped, for whatever reason, his wife, shows he's not reliable on that matter ... I know you don't exactly choose who you fall in love with, but, IMO, if you've got some respect for yourself, this kind of thing is a deal-breaker ( except, of course, if he had a VERY good reason to run away from her ... ) Again, that's just my opinion.
    - Fair point.
    What if the wife is batshit crazy? Should he ride it out? IMO, having respect for yourself would be to end the marriage. Again, we don't know what happened and this part of the story has just begun.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Ultimate Member

Some people seem to not get, well his whole character arc in the OT. It's actually pretty simple/easy to spot "selfish, self-absorbed, amoral scoundrel/rogue/criminal/etc learns to be a more heroic/selfless person and care about other people." This revelation in no way changes that arc. In fact, if it's done well, it can actually ADD to it because they can parallel this relationship with the Han/Leia one to show how he's grown/changed as a person.

I don't see what the big deal is. I mean they're what only a month or two removed from the events of Episode IV in the the comics? They've got plenty of time, about three years according to the Star Wars wiki, to resolve this so it fits into continuity with Empire.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin0985 View Post
    I don't see what the big deal is. I mean they're what only a month or two removed from the events of Episode IV in the the comics? They've got plenty of time, about three years according to the Star Wars wiki, to resolve this so it fits into continuity with Empire.
    Yeah, it works in the overall scheme. The EU was going to be chucked out anyway, so what's the big deal?

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    Yeah, it works in the overall scheme. The EU was going to be chucked out anyway, so what's the big deal?
    The big deal is this, "There's no more EU"(Well, duh. This was already stated before the books came out) and (an oldie, but goodie) "THEY'RE KILLING MY CHILDHOOD" (If you're not a child anymore, your childhood died a long time ago. Enjoy your memories and move forward).
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs