Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Star Wars" Comic Expands Universe with Major Surprise

Today's "Star Wars" #6 contains a reveal that has major ramifications for one of the franchise's most iconic characters.

Full article here.

BANNED

Somehow this isn't nearly as surprising as it should have been.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    Somehow this isn't nearly as surprising as it should have been.
    Bleeding cool has been running commentary on this all morning. Enjoy...

These new Star Wars books have been reading like a non-stop parade of fanfiction.
    "You can talk your way out of almost anything." - Fortune Cookie Proverb

T. Foolery's unwieldy, yet not entirely unimpressive, collection of funny books.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

o_____O;;;;;

Makes sense a ladies man like han would have a wife. Probably got hitched in space las vegas after losing a game of sabaacc. It would be hilarious if she turned out to be a space princess!
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 06-03-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

It's nice to see both John Cassady and Stuart Immonen get a chance to draw Sana Solo in both of their runs.

I wonder if Sana Solo exists within the story of Princess Leia's solo comic, considering it takes place after Episode VI.

Also a new black character addition to Star Wars' all-new canon, alongside Lando, Mace Windu, and the guy from the Force Awakens teasers, and maybe the first black female character in Star Wars' canon.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

This is going to sell some comics great marketing Disney. I bet it links right into the movie & since eveyones related I bet Boyega is Finn Solo.

Wow. I truly and honestly did not see that coming. This does certainly complicate things, especially in the context of The Empire Strikes Back. Finding out Han Solo is married sounds like one of those things that can't and shouldn't be overlooked. I'm not sure how the canon can work around this, but it's certainly a great WTF moment to get people talking. Sometimes that's all it takes.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Today's "Star Wars" #6 contains a reveal that has major ramifications for one of the franchise's most iconic characters.
    Meh. Didn't I see this on Firefly?

Long-time loiterer

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    maybe the first black female character in Star Wars' canon.
    There was that black female member of the jedi council in the prequels as well. But then again she never said anything, so she was hardly something to brag about.

Ultimate Member

This makes perfect sense. People sometimes seem to forget that Han wasn't supposed to be a nice guy pre-ANH and even for most of that movie. He was a criminal, scoundrel, rogue, mercenary, etc. And given his personality, I could definitely see him getting himself into an "ill-advised" marriage at some point in the past.

Incredible Member

HAHA! Oh man... Glad I jumped off of this book. Congrats, Star Wars is now a soap.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    He was a criminal, scoundrel, rogue, mercenary, etc. And given his personality, I could definitely see him getting himself into an "ill-advised" marriage at some point in the past.
    Exactly. Makes absolute sense. The fact that she's black isn't lost on me, either, but not because of any push for diversity. Anyone think she's possibly connected to Lando? Sister, maybe? Cousin?

Just when I was starting to tire of Aaron constantly borrowing from the source material just to connect us with the old tropes, he veers off into left field with this gem. Hehe, thanks! I guess....

Did Aaron read Saga by any chance?